• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Internet connection help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i want to connect my laptop to the internet through my desktop computer like share the internet connection, when i plug the cable into my 2 computers nothing happens even when i try and set up the connection from network connections

here is a pic of the internet layout in my house
Alone4ever - Internet connection help - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry im so confusing lol :)
thanks for any help given !!

Reaction score
To connect two of the same devices (2 PCs or 2 devices like hubs, switches, routers) you need to use a cross-over cable instead of the normal patch cable.

Get yourself a cross-over cable and it should work.

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I will try that thanks ;)

EDIT: isn’t the cable called Ethernet? Because that’s what I’m trying to use!!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sage

No, use a router.

Wireless is most convenient.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or upgrade the motherboard ;) The later motherboards, and a few old ones, have an intelligent crossover that detects what it needs, and automatically switches ports for you.. so you dont have to bother yoruself with patch cables or crossovers.

A tad expensive way, probably wont happen.. but its jsut somethign to look at in the future :)

Back