Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Invisible Weapon

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm just fooling around with some WZ edits and I thought I'd try to add a sweetwater bow into a v83 server. When I imported the weapon, everything seem to work as I can spawn,drop,equip etc...
However the problem I face right now is that when my character stands, the weapon is invisible. When my character does any other action like attacking,walking, you can see the bow. I also think buffing has a small isssue where at the end of the animation the weapon does go invisible.
Help would be appreciated. My guest is that I removed and important node.

Reaction score
No you didn't remove an important node. What it is, is that GMS currently uses a new property that isn't supported in lower verisons. What you need to do is add the png of the missing image into the weapon. If you go to the stand node and look inside it you should see like number 1-12 (not actual numbers, using as example) some will have the plus sign, within that node there is "source" look at the info of that and go to the node it points too and add the image.

OR just the property to a WzUOLProperty. (If you know what you're doing. )

Reaction score
No you didn't remove an important node. What it is, is that GMS currently uses a new property that isn't supported in lower verisons. What you need to do is add the png of the missing image into the weapon. If you go to the stand node and look inside it you should see like number 1-12 (not actual numbers, using as example) some will have the plus sign, within that node there is "source" look at the info of that and go to the node it points too and add the image.
OR just the property to a WzUOLProperty. (If you know what you're doing. )

Oh man... they did this to A LOT of weapons and items(every tyrant, sw, faf).
Would adding WzUOLProperty implement the methods used in the higher versions?
If so how would you add this?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The UOLProperty just has the path to the image node you want to reuse in it, for example:

Code:
[Stand]
   [0] (canvas property)
    [center]:
    [delay]:
   [1] (has a source  property, so not compatible)
    [source]:   "0"
    [center]:
    [delay]:

replace with:
Code:
   [1] (WZUOLProperty):   "0"

Reaction score
The UOLProperty just has the path to the image node you want to reuse in it, for example:

Code:
[Stand]
   [0] (canvas property)
    [center]:
    [delay]:
   [1] (has a source  property, so not compatible)
    [source]:   "0"
    [center]:
    [delay]:

replace with:
Code:
   [1] (WZUOLProperty):   "0"

In HArepacker, how would you change the data type from canvas to WzUOLProperty w/o deleting the whole node.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
In HArepacker, how would you change the data type from canvas to WzUOLProperty w/o deleting the whole node.

I dont think there is. Why dont you want to delete the node? Deleting the canvas property and then inserting an UOLProperty works fine for me.

Reaction score
I dont think there is. Why dont you want to delete the node? Deleting the canvas property and then inserting an UOLProperty works fine for me.
Ok nevermind I misunderstood something about the WzUOLProperty.
However I can't seem to get tyrant working.
Here is my WZ

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Ok nevermind I misunderstood something about the WzUOLProperty.
However I can't seem to get tyrant working.
Here is my WZ
You need to make the "0" node itself a WZUOLProperty. Oh and you also don't need the full path for it, you can use ".." for parent directory and just the numbers if you use canvas nodes from the same subproperty.

Reaction score
From your picture, you're currently linking the UOLProperty to itself. It needs to be linked to a canvas property, the one that you are trying to copy.

Actually he may of done it right, he might of just messed up a bit, just didn't link the right node. It may look like it is linking itself to the same node, but the ID in the linking might be different from the ID this current node is in.

I suggest @Baha to go to the ID it is linked too in that current SS you got. 01102481.img/stand1/0 and see if there is a working image in that node.

Also what node property did you make the 0 node?

Reaction score
So I ended up taking a look at my WZ that this was done too, I think you should try it out this way.

Baha - Invisible Weapon - RaGEZONE Forums

This points to the node in alert/1 in the same XML file.

This works for me but I have a question, do you have both the 0 and the cape node under WzUOLProperty? If so that is the wrong format, it needs to be,

Code:
Stand1
        >0 [WzSubProperty]
                   >cape [WzUOLProperty]
                              >Character/Cape/01102481.img/stand1/0

Reaction score
So I ended up taking a look at my WZ that this was done too, I think you should try it out this way.

Baha - Invisible Weapon - RaGEZONE Forums

This points to the node in alert/1 in the same XML file.

This works for me but I have a question, do you have both the 0 and the cape node under WzUOLProperty? If so that is the wrong format, it needs to be,

Code:
Stand1
        >0 [WzSubProperty]
                   >cape [WzUOLProperty]
                              >Character/Cape/01102481.img/stand1/0
I did try that format here :
but that still did not work :/
Note that the picture you are looking at is 01102482 that is trying to reference from 01102481

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How would this go for Item.wz? Items' icons have a source node with a link to the image in another item.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How would this go for Item.wz? Items' icons have a source node with a link to the image in another item.

The easiest way is really to just copy over the image. Those few kb's extra in your wz don't really matter.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The easiest way is really to just copy over the image. Those few kb's extra in your wz don't really matter.

I think that's the hard way, copying thousands of images one by one. I changed source to WZUOLProperty to no avail, but I would like to get it working the right way over copying each image.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I think that's the hard way, copying thousands of images one by one. I changed source to WZUOLProperty to no avail, but I would like to get it working the right way over copying each image.

Have you tried just copypasting the images? I'm pretty sure that works and it should be fast.

Back