• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[iPhone] Unlock Help

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey I'm planning on buying an 8gig iPhone - BUT there are some things I would like clarified first.

Can the iPhone be bought on a Prepaid (Pay as you Go) Sim with AT&T?

Also, Before I even sign up to AT&T (because from what I've read/seen you sign up at home via iTunes then pick a 2 year contract?) Am I able to NOT sign with AT&T and go straight to the unlock and then put in any other sim?

Also, when I go to unlock the phone aka I press the little red apple in the program, can the AT&T sim be in the phone (instead of the new network) then after its unlocked I put the new sim in? or does the new sim need to be in the phone while unlocking?

Also, I'm living in America, Just say I unlocked the phone, put a T-Mobile SIM in, then went to New Zealand (The country by Australia) then put in a Vodaphone SIM and used their network. Would that work? Or would I have to unlock the phone agian for the Vodafone network to run? (eg. buy another unlock licence)

Also, Once the phone is Unlocked am I able to just put in any SIM multiple times (eg. T-Mobile, then AT&T then back to T-Mobile then to Vodafone etc) and it will work?

One more thing... What are the exact things ill need to perform this unlock. eg. iTunes (version) Wi-Fi (is that just your standard wireless internet network?) SSH? Jailbreak software? Or is all the programs necassary to unlock it come in the paid files from "freeit4less.com" (not iTunes of course :p) Because from what I have seen on Noah's tutorial (that I found on YouTube) is that all you need to do is. Buy an iPhone, Plug it in, Click a button to Jailbreak, Click a button to load on SimFree, Click a Red Apple button to unlock (done on iPhone) then Put in your new sim, click the Activate button, then your set.

Sorry if these questions are similar, I'm just asking them all for peace of mind!

Thank you so much if you are able to help me :D

Reaction score
Best bet is to talk to the phone companies about it. I believe that the iPhone supports all regions so you can take it to other places but I have no idea about the SIM cards and such.

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, once a phone is unlocked it's unlocked for good and you can use any SIM at any time and it will work. No idea if its different with the iPhone.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
one of my friends is getting an iphone shipped form the usa to the uk. he paid for some unlock software which the man in the phone shop says will not work or will work but some features are disabled...if you really have to get an iphone wait till the launch in whatever country your in.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only true way to unlock an Iphone is by openign it up and using some fine Soldering inside with a few bits and pieces of wire.. I dont know the specifics, but I do remember reading about it. There is no commercial unlock software for the Iphone that is guarenteed to work properly.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey guys thats for your replies but I've found out everythign :)

Just incase someone else out there read this post and wants to also know.

Yes there is a program look at freeit4less.com its $45USD and works perfectly. all you do it plug your iPhone into the computer, load on the software you buy, then pretty much click 4 buttons and its unlocked, magic! now the iPhone will work in any countrys carrior as long as they support a GSM network :)

No need to open! nothing! (oh except to get the simcard, but that just poppes out in a tray in the top of your iPhone)

Back