Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Iris

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yamachi you already know my opinion :D, you remember when I talked with you in ventrillo about this (lost's test server)about 3 or 4 months ago. By the way you have inserted into the library the most common functions, and my question is: Have you inserted more hidden functions to this? I mean (beta-functions)?

For the people who want to see how to declare it (VB.NET):

Yamachi - Iris - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:

Code:
Public Class yama
[COLOR="Green"]    'Here you open a new variable to host the connection PORT as integer:[/COLOR]
    Dim port As Integer
    Private Sub Bt_1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles bt_1.Click
    [COLOR="Green"]    'Here you give to the variable the value:[/COLOR]
        port = 38010
[COLOR="Green"]        'Here you declare the IRIS object:[/COLOR]
        Dim iris = New Iris.Communication
[COLOR="Green"]        'Here you use the function '.Connect' to connect to the server:[/COLOR]
        iris.Connect("93.90.176.149", port)
       [COLOR="Green"] 'And here you use the desired function (in this case is '.SendMessage) with the correspondent parameters:[/COLOR]
        iris.SendMessage(0, 0, "MUAAHAHAHA Cabal got pwned LOL")
    End Sub
End Class

Remember ALL CREDITS GO TO YAMACHI!

Any question please ask me!

Last edited:
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
@Deluxur,i have me more questions if ur able to answer to them,and not even me,almost all members from here doesn`t know what to do with code,so ive downlaoded visual c# 2010 express and then i build from the source and then i have Iris.dll what to do with it?Please and again please not even me,can u make a complete tutorial video for all like us who don`t know what to do with it?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@Deluxur,i have me more questions if ur able to answer to them,and not even me,almost all members from here doesn`t know what to do with code,so ive downlaoded visual c# 2010 express and then i build from the source and then i have Iris.dll what to do with it?Please and again please not even me,can u make a complete tutorial video for all like us who don`t know what to do with it?

I already told you what to do with it, allocen... You need to go and learn some basic programming techniques and how to reference a library in your project first.

@Everyone else: I will be posting an updated version of this later today. I found a bug with the Disconnect() method. Basically, if you attempt to use iris.Disconnect(), it won't close any of the underlying threads, so it will continue listening for incoming packets, even though the TcpClient has been destroyed. This will be fixed in the next release. I'm also exposing more events, so you can set events for OnConnect, OnDisconnect, and OnLogin.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

IM so sorry but you can't compile this source code in C# cuz this code is Visual Basic .NET and not C#.

Please feel free to follow the lelejau example.

Cheers, Deluxor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@lelejau: You need to connect before you can send a message.
@allocen: There, now you've been spoonfed. Please tell me you can figure it out from here.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes thats right.. i was running out of time so i made it very fast and i didnt pay too much attention. But now, I belive that everyone will make it work. I will not give further help.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hi yama im using vb.net 2005 i cant add it to reference
should i use vb.net 2010 ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi yama im using vb.net 2005 i cant add it to reference
should i use vb.net 2010 ?

Iris requires .Net Framework 3.5, so VS 2008 will do fine, as will VS 2010. VS 2005 only supports up to .Net 2.0. Why are you still using 2005, anyways? o_O

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Iris requires .Net Framework 3.5, so VS 2008 will do fine, as will VS 2010. VS 2005 only supports up to .Net 2.0. Why are you still using 2005, anyways? o_O

hehe thats what we use in our office we are waiting for vs2010 ultimate license... you know application change faster so better to wait for new and better release and less bug before buying new license :sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Done...

Iris working PERFECTLY!!!
I only found a little bug that Yamachi told us and it's not a big deal since bananero will release an update soon :thumbup:

Don't ask for my release... I won't release it without Yamachi's authorization, I'm posting only to say thanks again and prove that Iris really do what it's supose to do.

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
@lelejau so ive created a console aplication from iris then ive add reference iris.dll ,and i maked exactly like you,then i build the console,then i open the exe file,and appear in cmd,Command executed,what is this,and when i`m in server doesn`t appear anything.. if i executed the program,and i maked correct..

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't ask for my release... I won't release it without Yamachi's authorization, I'm posting only to say thanks again and prove that Iris really do what it's supose to do.

Feel free to release it if you wish to do so. BTW, please don't call me "bananero". It's weird coming from someone other than LostSpirit or lelejau :S It's ok for them, because they're HUGE NUBS :D (s2)

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
@Dark AvaThar,will be great for noobs like us if someone kindly like you will release it ,because even if we will search on google ,we will don`t understand so better.. ,so please again release it ,thanks boss :p

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
yea i just waiting for dark avatar to come here and release it :),because im sucks.. with programming..,and not even me,and others..

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

@Dark Avathar if u don``t wanna release for all,i can help you with a exchange,i mean if u give me this program i can give you,the new skills from ep4+texture from new costumes+new hair and faces,in same time :p!

Back