• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Is it possible to have a NPC disappear after chatting?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically I want an NPC to "stand guard" a portal until after you reach a certain point. Afterwards, when you click the NPC, they will say something like you can enter and disappears. Anyone has any idea on how I could approach this?

Edit: I should probably add that I would also only want the NPC to disappear for that specific player, not server-wide.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cygnus Knight has a mission to use this situation, so I compared the js and found that "cm.npc_LeaveField('oid=');", but this method is not universal, I don't have that server, so I don't know how it works

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cygnus Knight has a mission to use this situation, so I compared the js and found that "cm.npc_LeaveField('oid=');", but this method is not universal, I don't have that server, so I don't know how it works
I don't know because I haven't verified it, but in the Cygnus Knights job change quest in v83, NPCs are shown or removed depending on the player's quest progress.

So I think it may be possible to reproduce this by using questComplete, etc., but I am uncertain.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohhh this is interesting, I haven't thought of this. I'm gonna take look into this and see if I can replicate it.
I don't know because I haven't verified it, but in the Cygnus Knights job change quest in v83, NPCs are shown or removed depending on the player's quest progress.

So I think it may be possible to reproduce this by using questComplete, etc., but I am uncertain.
So this kinda falls under what I'm trying to replicate. A character will go through some quests to reach a certain progression in order to pass the NPC. I'm gonna try to somehow replicate it without the use of questComplete but I'll keep update. Thanks for the insights!

Upvote 0
Back