Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is there any way of converting the m*.SMB ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to convert the m*.smb files properly, those are the animations of the characters, but if i try to convert them, unlike the M*-motion*.smb files, they become a useless bunch of dots, that from some frame on become like a messy ball of dots D= ..

And something quite bizarre or i am missing some angle on this... the m*-motion*.smb (m2-motion1, 2,3, etc..) files when converted give a nice animated skeleton, but they don't do nothing on the tmabcd folder, since, if i delete(or change name, etc..) any of the m*-motion*.smb it does not affect the game at all, but if i delete an m*.smb the game halts/crashes..

What those animation files do then? If they do anything at all? (despite being good game character animation classes, it is strange to have files with no reason to be there..). Since what seems to matter to the game is the m*.smb...

I remember reading something about an 'reload' command or something like it, that kind of reloads all ase files to smd's.. And the m2.smb seem to be all of the m2-motion*.smb together (actually the (messy) converted m2.smb have 4201 frames, and the sum of all m2-motion.smb frames is 4141), could it be that the game would convert all those m2-motion files to just one m2 file? So, for an example, if i edit the animation on m2-motion(.ase) files, could somehow the client 'assemble' a new m2.smb from those???

My objective with this is to produce 3d studio 'native' files with the character's animations, so people could edit the skills animations, etc.. it is extremely easy after the parts are linked (and on this case they would be.. it is like toying with a doll).

Thanks for the attention.

Hugs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back