• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Is this a good server to host a GunZP on?

Reaction score
Hi, will a hostcomputer with this:
- Pentium 4, 3.0.6 Ghz
- 250 GB
- 2gb Ram
- Microsoft Server 2003

Be able to run this (lagg free):

- 24/7
- MatchServer (1000 online :p)
- MatchAgent
- ClanwarServer (500 online)
- MatchAgent for Cw Server
- ServerKeeper
- Locator
- Apache

Thx to the people who tell me :D

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im not sure abt that coz i don't play GunZP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2GB RAM is not enough. 4GB will do fine, and you should have a dual-core processor.

Reaction score
So you think i should get:
Duo core Xeon
250 gb
4 gig ram

EDIT: GunZ is a simple game where you login, get into a lobby, you enter a room and you can fight!

But i have 70 online now on a xp with:
Pentium 4 2.something ghz
250 gb
1 gig ram

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well it dont matter, how much ram, gigiz, u got itz ganna lagg unless u got like 15 gigz of ram, and or like 500gb of Hardrive >,< i can tell u that, but ull run a decent server on that, hope i helped

Reaction score
well it dont matter, how much ram, gigiz, u got itz ganna lagg unless u got like 15 gigz of ram, and or like 500gb of Hardrive >,< i can tell u that, but ull run a decent server on that, hope i helped

No you didn't help. At all. You do not even know what you are talking about. Read the section rules; if you have no idea about something do not post at all instead of providing wrong and misleading information. Infracted and most of your other posts i this section are being deleted.

As for the question, Double the RAM to 4 and you should be able to host a decent amount of players. I don't know about 1000 but you could get to about half that, if not more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And, remember you should be running a 100mb/s connection. You should have a total of 4GB RAM, and a Pentium 4> processor. A Pentium 4 is pushing it though, for 1000.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
To be on the safe side you can buy 1-2GBs more RAM. But 2GB is enough on any average server, or even a bit more. If you actually manage to get 1500 people on you will probably need at least 4GB RAM and a dual core. But upgrade as that happens, doing it now will probably result in a waste of money.

Retired s'2010
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2 GB and Dual Should be nice for the first steps. You can always update later on with some RAM, but do not do the mistake to go with a powerful host at the beginning, since you will only loose money. Best is to update as the players grow.

Nowadays, it is important to have a successful server without a lot of financial loss, and without many resources. I remember starting it from a home computer, then at a friend with more powerful (3 years ago), then moved to a low dedicated and so continued.

Good luck with your server mate :)

Regards,
Aszmhodeus

Back