• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private Is v26 still appreciated?

Resurrected
Reaction score
Just a question of curiosity :rolleyes:

Is the beautiful v26 and such versions of that era still appreciated or is it a somewhat poor market?

I dont see many hotels if any these days running older versions, they all seem to be the same old poop!!

Ive spent a while thinking at having a dabble once more in the retro scene, bring back the old school, not for money but for a good trip down memory lane :D:

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't really see anyone appreciating the greatness of the glorious v26. I would love to see something unique in the v26 area since there was so much you could do with so much ease back then. :D:

Last edited:
Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your problem is you have the same old emulator, which is Holograph and it's alright, but not quite there. Plus users don't want to install Shockwave. They might get confused and think you're trying to install a virus on their computer lol.

Resurrected
Reaction score
I did quickly knock up a little fuckabout server, was awesome to see the hand again!!
However I was soon reminded of the hassle and bugs involved lol

Maybe its time to move on and have a dabble at r63b!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Wish we would be able to obtain all the packets. I'd totally write an server. With all I mean really all and not the ones to make the basic functions to work.

Darn ccts.
Hablog Emulator (v28 or v35 i think) was the most stable and had games and stuff coded (BB/WS/SS was almost finished). I'll see if I can dig out my old hard drive from back then and speak to Hebbo (if hes still around, idk) about giving it out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would love to build a v26 emulator, but since the community is just focussing on getting the newest versions I'm not starting a development. I think the developers and old school people here would love to see a fully working v26 emulator, but most of the regular users, who are here to find retros or download releases, have never experienced the old habbo retro scene, because they are around 13/14 years old.

Reaction score
I personally appreciate all versions of Habbo, although each revision/version has their flaws when you look back onto it.. I just wish that there was more interest in all versions and aspects of Habbo; just seems asif everyone's loosing interest.

Resurrected
Reaction score
I personally appreciate all versions of Habbo, although each revision/version has their flaws when you look back onto it.. I just wish that there was more interest in all versions and aspects of Habbo; just seems asif everyone's loosing interest.

I suppose people are loosing interest mainly because of the downhill fall of Habbo itself, I mean i wouldnt of played current day habbo as a kid, its completely poop.

Reaction score
I suppose people are loosing interest mainly because of the downhill fall of Habbo itself, I mean i wouldnt of played current day habbo as a kid, its completely poop.

Everything has been made overly complicated.

Furniture used to be simple and straight forward. Now they are full of texture and details which doesn't give the same feeling as the old furniture used to do when you saw them for the first time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah it's visual basic or something along those lines, not C#.

Bummer.

Hablog was one of the more "completed" variants of the v26 version, but sadly as you know its in Visual Basic.

You can feel free to browse through my old released sources which were your more "above" average v26 emulators it contained Pet Stats etc. Also Chris aka Cecer1 did work on Battleball filling (Create a solid square in Battleball and it would fill it in etc.) that was the only missing feature to Battleball I believe alongside with Powerups (Maybe?) So if you snoop around you should be able to create something decent.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I LOVE v26. (think I love even more because I never made it work)
Loved spend a few hours playing Habbok.
The problem with me today is that I can't stand Habbo anymore. Not even the versions I love.
All left is the memory of the great times I had.

Back