Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Issue with graphic glitches "gfx", notably in bosses dc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

How to improve the issue with v83 maple graphic glitches "gfx", notably in expeditions which caused bosses to flicker/glitch and clients crashing

Thanks! :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This usually happens when the client's RAM gets too high. Lots of things in the client contribute to high RAM usage:

-Client does not dispose of all unused memory properly, and when it does it's not as frequent as we'd like. The biggest culprits are map assets & mob templates afaik. This requires client edits to fix; I don't think there's been any method publicly released here.
-Wz edits with harepacker. Read this http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/client-unresponsive-1146934-post8867292/#post8867292. I dont know if this was ever fixed in harepacker. If you happened to change the encryption of your files, that would make it MUCH worse.
-Importing custom wz content. Usually, .img files in the wz are only loaded when needed, but some directories are loaded completely when the client is still starting up, and i think they stay loaded permanently. It's not too bad on clean v83 but if you happen to import lots of custom / high-version content into one of those problematic directories, you'd notice a longer client startup time and higher RAM usage. This also needs some client edits to change how the client loads stuff from the wz files. I've had to do this once and got the client startup time from 20 secs to 5 secs, and 200 MB less ram usage, although that was an extreme case with lots of edits.

I've also seen posts linking this issue to specific Windows versions and graphics cards but i don't know much about that. I've dealt with all 3 of the above and gfx glitches rarely happen (and when they do it's due to another weird client edit of mine... on normal v83 these methods should be more than enough)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

How to improve the issue with v83 maple graphic glitches "gfx", notably in expeditions which caused bosses to flicker/glitch and clients crashing

Thanks! :thumbup1:

I'm having the same issue that you are having. After a deep and very complicated research i noticed that the problem is with my NVIDIA graphic card. Seems like Maplestory is somehow not compatible with NVIDIA engine and/or vice.

When the bosses, for example Zakum, revive the glitch starts. Same goes with Targa/Scarlion, HT and some others.. Sometimes with normal bosses (depending the times the clients last open and how many bosses you go through)

There are some rare "fixes" but most of them are bizarre, like setting a virtual machine using window XP but that's too much trouble, atleast for me. So there are 2 simply ways to fix it, of course, these 2 ways may not work for you..

The first one is simply unplugging your graphic card and running the game using the default one that your motherboard has, and the 2nd one (the one i'm applying) is simply refreshing the graphics moving the quality bar whenever the boss bar reach to 0 and the new boss spawns.. Atleast that one works for me.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue that you are having. After a deep and very complicated research i noticed that the problem is with my NVIDIA graphic card. Seems like Maplestory is somehow not compatible with NVIDIA engine and/or vice.

When the bosses, for example Zakum, revive the glitch starts. Same goes with Targa/Scarlion, HT and some others.. Sometimes with normal bosses (depending the times the clients last open and how many bosses you go through)

There are some rare "fixes" but most of them are bizarre, like setting a virtual machine using window XP but that's too much trouble, atleast for me. So there are 2 simply ways to fix it, of course, these 2 ways may not work for you..

The first one is simply unplugging your graphic card and running the game using the default one that your motherboard has, and the 2nd one (the one i'm applying) is simply refreshing the graphics moving the quality bar whenever the boss bar reach to 0 and the new boss spawns.. Atleast that one works for me.

You're a hero. 2nd method worked flawlessly! Like you said, a bit before Zakum's hp bar switch to the next, I set the graphics to low, it reloads and then I can kill it without DCing.

Upvote 0
Back