Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ItemManager.cpp Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For a while now I've added new items to my itemlist bin with no problems. I recently added in a lot of new lines for items and I'm not sure what this error is for, I checked line 3077 of the Itemmanger.cpp and line 3072 mentions helpful info after translated but there is no item in my itemlist with the number only 700. I've also had errors that pop up that refer to line 3115 and refer to a specific itemid and I've fixed those but I don't know what this one is referring to

I have 2 errors that pop up back to back that both say:

.\ItemManager.cpp, CItemManager::LoadItemList() 3007
*Gibberish*: 700

I did also check the forum already for a solution and only found one other post mentioning and error with the ItemManager.cpp but there was no reply to the post about how they fixed the error, just that they fixed the error. I just need some help in the right direction of which source code file, or bin file, or whatever is the base of this problem I could figure out the rest myself.

*Edited to add image and fix number mistyping

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For a while now I've added new items to my itemlist bin with no problems. I recently added in a lot of new lines for items and I'm not sure what this error is for, I checked line 3077 of the Itemmanger.cpp and line 3072 mentions helpful info after translated but there is no item in my itemlist with the number only 700. I've also had errors that pop up that refer to line 3115 and refer to a specific itemid and I've fixed those but I don't know what this one is referring to

I have 2 errors that pop up back to back that both say:

.\ItemManager.cpp, CItemManager::LoadItemList() 3007
*Gibberish*: 700

I did also check the forum already for a solution and only found one other post mentioning and error with the ItemManager.cpp but there was no reply to the post about how they fixed the error, just that they fixed the error. I just need some help in the right direction of which source code file, or bin file, or whatever is the base of this problem I could figure out the rest myself.

*Edited to add image and fix number mistyping

That error, in english, translates out to "Item already exists: 700", its telling you that an item with ID 700 was just added, but there was already another item with that ID, only one of them will end up working. Unless you've done significant changes to the item IDs and actually have an item with an ID of 700 (normally they start much higher then this), its quite likely you're missing one or more columns somewhere in your item list, causing the code to lose track of where each new item actually starts, and loading garbage instead.

The easiest way to figure out what is going on exactly, would be to attach a debugger to your client, and look at what pInfo->ItemIdx is for the last item that was loaded without error. That would allow you to see where things stopped loading correctly. Of course this is assuming you have source code for your client and know how to use a debugger. If either of those isn't true, just carefully check for duplicate IDs and missing columns on whatever items you've added most recently.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for replying, I took a break from trying to figure it out and forgot I made this post about it.
Yeah my item list doesn't have an item idx that is just "700", my list starts with 11000001. The closest I have to anything being 700 is 11000700, and that item is a base item that is unchanged. I've only been adding items from the bottom where the original server had ended the list.
I was trying to copy items from another server's item list to add to mine to test if I could just add them in the list and then add in the details in the other bins later. So, I copied several item lines from the other server's list to add the same item lines into to my server's list. I didn't think the extra three zeros at the end of the lines mattered, but after adding all those lines is when the first error occurred.
My friend suggested I remove the extra zeros, but I thought I had added items with stuff like that before and it didn't matter. I forgot that I did remove them because my base sever doesn't have them, so I thought it didn't need them.
After removing the zeros and saving the new version of the item list's bin I loaded the server again there wasn't an error. And that's how I found out that that was the problem.
I also found in the itemmanger.cpp the line again and it's now translated roughly using google translate, and it does state "Item ID already exists: x" and has the number.
Thanks again for the response.

This is solved now and someone can close this thread.

Back