• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

It's that time of year already?!

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
The Christmas lights are already going up in George Square, Glasgow. It's not even Halloween yet! Where has the year gone?! I'm seeing advent calendars in supermarkets as well. Bit premature! Anyone else's town putting up the decorations already?

Junkers - It's that time of year already?! - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This happens alot in Estonia. Sometimes the lights are out in September

Junkers - It's that time of year already?! - RaGEZONE Forums

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
The bank of Nick will be severely raided this year, buying the family a 5.1 surround sound system w/ blu-ray player. Trying to find a good deal but so far £170 is the best I'm getting

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
They don't get switched on till late november tho? Thats what happens in Bournemouth/Dorset; its a big project, so they start now.

I believe Glasgow's Lights On celebration is on 14th November, at the start of the Glasgow on Ice Festival. The winter festival here is a big thing, George Square gets a huge ice rink and a bunch of family stuff like Helter Skelters, chairoplanes etc in. It's actually really nice up here around Christmas :3

Reaction score
I believe Glasgow's Lights On celebration is on 14th November, at the start of the Glasgow on Ice Festival. The winter festival here is a big thing, George Square gets a huge ice rink and a bunch of family stuff like Helter Skelters, chairoplanes etc in. It's actually really nice up here around Christmas :3

then comes the snow. hahaha; I don't think that it has snowed properly in bournemouth on christmas day..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Asked my mum if she has spotted anything and she spotted some christmas chocolates and you can now order your christmas tree!

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Seems that every year people start celebrating Christmas a few days sooner than the last. Eventually we're going to have Christmas decorations up in February.

Over 'ere there's a few folk who don't even bother taking some decorations down... think they've noticed this trend and are making sure they're prepared every year!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
They have been pushing Christmas items in the stores here almost since back to school ended. It is next to the Halloween stuff. Red and green and orange and black, it truly is frightening.

This September they were pushing "pumpkin" stuff, like lattes and whatnot. Hello, pumpkins are in October!

I can see preparing in advance when you aren't sure if you will have good enough weather to put up the decorations later, but this seems kind of early. Well lets hope they don't turn them on yet!

Reaction score
Nothing here yet but sure there will be in next week or so as remember last year it was before Halloween.

Shops, however, yup lots of Christmas stuff in there. Not sure what I'm getting yet for Christmas. Asking my daughter, she is completely convinced she is getting a puppy but not allowed one lol

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
But Muuuuuuuum!

e thing I love about Christmas? Cadburys start producing their Festive Friends chocolate biscuits again :zippy:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because of this thread I am getting a christmas feeling already. and it aint even december yet.

Back