• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Ive really missed Gunz...

Mocro.net
Reaction score
I dont know Why but ive really missed it...

But the community is dead and everyone is grown up and stuff...
What happend to Gunz... Good Times

Mocro - Ive really missed Gunz... - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bring back mocro gunz and the gunz community will grow up :8:

O.T: There is some good servers to play, till they wont die, gunz won't die.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I re-released evil a month ago, BUT mainly as a project.
I play a lot of Destiny now on the PS4, so thought... Why not make gunz a kinda destiny related client?

That's exactly what i have achieved, making it pretty unique to anything i have seen.
Not trying to advertise or anything, but i think gunz servers need to think of their own ideas or even base it on another game and see the outcome. Not saying i have any players online lmao, but it's still something i wanted to do... and did it.

But agreed, i miss the good old times when most of the servers up would have 100-300 players online.
;(

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I re-released evil a month ago, BUT mainly as a project.
I play a lot of Destiny now on the PS4, so thought... Why not make gunz a kinda destiny related client?

That's exactly what i have achieved, making it pretty unique to anything i have seen.
Not trying to advertise or anything, but i think gunz servers need to think of their own ideas or even base it on another game and see the outcome. Not saying i have any players online lmao, but it's still something i wanted to do... and did it.

But agreed, i miss the good old times when most of the servers up would have 100-300 players online.
;(

You should advertise your server though, if you haven't yet, I'd most certainly would like to try it and wouldn't be alone on that.

We'll probably give DRGunz yet another 'one last ride' (lol), for old time's sake.

Anyway, and generally speaking, 'back then' it was a challenge to develop Gunz, it was fun, and it was good enough seeing the players happy.

Nowadays it's mostly all about the money and DDoS wars between servers. The honor, benevolence, even partnerships between communities are all long gone...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You should advertise your server though, if you haven't yet, I'd most certainly would like to try it and wouldn't be alone on that.

We'll probably give DRGunz yet another 'one last ride' (lol), for old time's sake.

Anyway, and generally speaking, 'back then' it was a challenge to develop Gunz, it was fun, and it was good enough seeing the players happy.

Nowadays it's mostly all about the money and DDoS wars between servers. The honor, benevolence, even partnerships between communities are all long gone...
Ye i might end up advertising it sometime, when i update it to the point i feel it's reached its time to start adveritsing that is. It's also a none-profitable server, i don't ask for donations, i don't sell VIP items, all drops ingame, again like you said, servers got too greedy, people would start making a server for money and when they knew it would no longer make any money, they close it down. It's kinda sad really. This whole GunZ section has died, it reminds me of the Runescape section, it died and was sent to "Old Achieved" Section, wouldn't like to see that happen with GunZ tbh.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ye i might end up advertising it sometime, when i update it to the point i feel it's reached its time to start adveritsing that is. It's also a none-profitable server, i don't ask for donations, i don't sell VIP items, all drops ingame, again like you said, servers got too greedy, people would start making a server for money and when they knew it would no longer make any money, they close it down. It's kinda sad really. This whole GunZ section has died, it reminds me of the Runescape section, it died and was sent to "Old Achieved" Section, wouldn't like to see that happen with GunZ tbh.

Tell me about it... I regret opening my donator shop on DRGunz back in 2008, but it was either that, or DRGunz's closure - these were the options I was given. I should have followed our Founder Mackintosh to GameNao when he saw no other option but to depart; and maybe I should have allowed DRGunz to just die the way it was dying in 2007 when I quit DR because our previous host was DDoS'ing Legacy Gamers while trying to extort Keith...I was way too naive back then...Even in 2011 when I 'stole' the Rebirth concept from MU Online into DRGunz with a lot of custom items, I was forced to put everything for sale when it was always supposed to be a free option...

But meh, I can't change the past, all I can do is learn from it and try to correct other people's malice and my own mistakes. Since 2012 we've had several games on DR, and we've always been 100% transparent and honest regarding the donations received, along with the upkeep of our servers.

It would be nice if all Gunz servers just merged, but it's impossible, some individuals would never share their power, control, and much less their income.

At least I'm glad for being one of the only 'owners' that was never in Gunz for the money, but only and always for the players. I guess the same can be said about you and few others.

I never told you, but there was a time when you didn't even knew that I existed, and I already admired you for having a fun-based server ;]

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Tell me about it... I regret opening my donator shop on DRGunz back in 2008, but it was either that, or DRGunz's closure - these were the options I was given. I should have followed our Founder Mackintosh to GameNao when he saw no other option but to depart; and maybe I should have allowed DRGunz to just die the way it was dying in 2007 when I quit DR because our previous host was DDoS'ing Legacy Gamers while trying to extort Keith...I was way too naive back then...Even in 2011 when I 'stole' the Rebirth concept from MU Online into DRGunz with a lot of custom items, I was forced to put everything for sale when it was always supposed to be a free option...

But meh, I can't change the past, all I can do is learn from it and try to correct other people's malice and my own mistakes. Since 2012 we've had several games on DR, and we've always been 100% transparent and honest regarding the donations received, along with the upkeep of our servers.

It would be nice if all Gunz servers just merged, but it's impossible, some individuals would never share their power, control, and much less their income.

At least I'm glad for being one of the only 'owners' that was never in Gunz for the money, but only and always for the players. I guess the same can be said about you and few others.

I never told you, but there was a time when you didn't even knew that I existed, and I already admired you for having a fun-based server ;]

Haha i knew you existed dw, i have seen your name in many locations and thank you, it makes it all feel well worth it ;)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think there are several reasons the game died. 1 it's old and people got bored of it, 2 devs weren't interested in designing new, unique features to keep players attention, 3 most servers have no business opening up, 4 the game has bad graphics which isn't easily remedied (as you'd have to move to a deferred renderer, and that could take a man months of programming to do), and 5 there's no real reward for playing the game. You beat a quest, kill some players, that's it. there's no real storyline (gunz has one, but it wasn't implemented, i assume it was written mostly back when the game was being developed as an mmorpg). I've tried adding a few things like a mail system and achievements, but i doubt either will do much to help.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha i knew you existed dw, i have seen your name in many locations and thank you, it makes it all feel well worth it ;)

Liewise, old friend, I sincerely appreciate your words! :)

I think there are several reasons the game died. 1 it's old and people got bored of it, 2 devs weren't interested in designing new, unique features to keep players attention, 3 most servers have no business opening up, 4 the game has bad graphics which isn't easily remedied (as you'd have to move to a deferred renderer, and that could take a man months of programming to do), and 5 there's no real reward for playing the game. You beat a quest, kill some players, that's it. there's no real storyline (gunz has one, but it wasn't implemented, i assume it was written mostly back when the game was being developed as an mmorpg). I've tried adding a few things like a mail system and achievements, but i doubt either will do much to help.

I've tried boosting the endgame rewards when I stole the rebirth concept from MU Online into Gunz; the same with PvE... I don't think I've told you, but back in 2009/2010 when DR was being a pioneer in several aspects, and when I was on my development peak alongside Sulfin, TJ, Thief, Fox, and a few other developers, we had a project of actually implementing a story driven Quest mode: with the Astra Gods raging misery throughout the lands, some factions with their own inner conflicts further uniting for a greater good, etc..; everything properly built, with ingame dialogue and some custom cut-scenes between quests, etc... But as you can imagine, all of that, along with our development team, took a 'kolie to the knee'...LOL! Maybe we can actually rethink this concept nowadays. Time will tell, I guess, maybe the Skeleton King will have his first and final debut eh eh :]

We've recently spoke about this regarding the Final Fantasy VII remake and how Final Fantasy XV can either be extremely good, or have a terrible sales chart. IMO graphics mean nothing compared to quality gaming, which very sadly, isn't the case nowadays with all the top-notch consoles and 3 day polished rocks like in Final Fantasy XIII. That's why, when you see those TOP 100 games of all time, like in IGN and others, you will always have 'good old games' like Ultima VII, FFVII, and UFO/XCOM in the main tiers.

The same applies to Gunz, it's not about the graphics, but mostly about gameplay - K-Style surely made the game highly competitive and popular, along with the game itself being fairly easy to mod and have implemented new functions and game modes. Hence why Gunz 2 was a complete fiasco, because what made Gunz 1 shine just wasn't there on Gunz 2 anymore... I loved Quest on Gunz 2 though, but the lack of players and overall disappointment quickly drove me away from the second installment of this game.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think GunZ was mainly about the social aspect and not so much the gameplay. The community was horrible, but that was not necessarily a bad thing, drama attracts people. I myself found the forums especially fun due to the ego wars (Duel tournament, Team Deathmatch and clan war results all over the place). The game was great for people to feed their ego, if they were any good. And if they sucked at the game, a donor shop would let them have better chances with overpowered weapons. Though the community sucked (no offense), it was the only thing that kept the game alive.

That community is gone and with that, the game we all once knew is gone as well. Pretty sure we all miss it from time to time.

Off-topic:
Sup Joe?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably we need to stop with war to attack other servers, work together making a new gunz server :glare:

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think GunZ was mainly about the social aspect and not so much the gameplay. The community was horrible, but that was not necessarily a bad thing, drama attracts people. I myself found the forums especially fun due to the ego wars (Duel tournament, Team Deathmatch and clan war results all over the place). The game was great for people to feed their ego, if they were any good. And if they sucked at the game, a donor shop would let them have better chances with overpowered weapons. Though the community sucked (no offense), it was the only thing that kept the game alive.

That community is gone and with that, the game we all once knew is gone as well. Pretty sure we all miss it from time to time.

Off-topic:
Sup Joe?

That's a very good point you have there, without anything to correct; 'flame wars' were indeed more important to a great share of players than actual 'ingame wars'. These latter ones were brought to the forums/boards of several communities in the form of screenshots and replays in order to feed egos and elevate players that pursued some kind of 'superiority' above others. Although I've had my regretful share of 'DR'ama, I'm glad I've always dedicated myself to PvE and Event hosting in Gunz :)

Through your words and through what I've seen/experienced, I must admit that both gameplay and skill simply stopped being relevant on donator-based servers. At some point most servers were just that, with rare exceptions such as Quality Gunz; specifically because of, as you've mentioned, the purchase of overpowered weapons that completely unbalanced the game.

I've always wanted donator items to be purely cosmetic, the only time I've actually implemented items with a minor damage increase and a minor delay decrease, with an agreement among my colleagues and community, was with the Rebirth items, so whoever reached endgame at 99 could have a good reason to restart from level 1 - this, obviously and sadly, after realizing that merely cosmetic Rebirth items weren't really doing the job...

Probably we need to stop with war to attack other servers, work together making a new gunz server

While there's money involved, this will never happen, sadly though.

Upvote 0
Mocro.net
Reaction score
LETS MAKE GUNZ GREAT AGAIN. all i have to say. Why the duck are people ddosing a Gunz old game...? Anyway il try my best to change the whole game but it wont be the same "Gunz the Duel" again. Because that just died i dont see the point.

Look at h1z1 simple game evryone is playing it... Only because of the gameplay last man standing. Lets try to work together and change Gunz. Dont look at profit look at the gameplay dont let it die ...

DrGunz, EvilGunz and MocroGunz the only unique Gunz private server with own unique created content i will never forget that.

Lets make Gunz Great Again. Whe have the knowledge now. Whe have the Source. Lets Change the Game.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
DDoS attacks and even hacking attempts are mostly caused due to provocations or prior attacks, that's why some servers are falling - they've brought it on themselves, they've made their beds, and now they're sleeping on them until they slowly die.

It's like I've said Mocro, wherever there's money involved, there will always be problems. No decent new server can even try to do something good without the same usual mongrels trying to cause problems.

Upvote 0
What year is this?
Reaction score
I dont know Why but ive really missed it...

But the community is dead and everyone is grown up and stuff...
What happend to Gunz... Good Times

Lol, I think I was in 1 of those events too as far as I remember xD

Tho what I am missing, is already extinct...
not some server with facy custom modes and shitload of customs, not ijji style gunz but international gunz and its stats, where you chosed either gear or meds, where you caunted bullets and where avenger was a thing :D (its just my opinion and there is no need to get dramatic about it lol)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

not some server with facy custom modes and shitload of customs, not ijji style gunz but international gunz and its stats, where you chosed either gear or meds, where you caunted bullets and where avenger was a thing :D (its just my opinion and there is no need to get dramatic about it lol)

Hi, your name is familiar to me...

I share your opinion. I seriously dislike Gunz clients that eat up 1GB+ RAM because they're full of useless stuff that most players don't even use at all.

We've tried what you've mentioned on Daemons Ring back in 2012/2013 - it was mostly a project by Gunblade, known as 'GunZPLUS' - it was inspired by IGunz, and it was running on the 2007 1.0 source, it focused mostly on gameplay and balance, with a few perks from Gunz's 1.5 version.

We ended up closing it since no one seemed interested in this concept anymore...Nowadays players mostly go after the donator-based servers where they get special privileges and custom items.

Upvote 0
Mocro.net
Reaction score

Good Times...

Yea MocroGunz had to much Custom Items Maps etc.. But Players Liked it thats why i did it it made the client Lagg after people using allot of verts on models... that ruined the client.

I had allot of items removed but still made it lagg.

About the IGunz Ijji Style i have tried that allot of times but no1 was intressed in it.

After having the 1.5 Source i started Coding allot of stuff in the client and server... Problem is there is so much code if you wanna a add a small thing takes so much work.

I have made capture the flag before it was remade by someone else used the TDM spawn places for the flags so you could almost all maps with Tdm Spawns. it was really hard to make the gamemode but it was worth it.

I have some ideas coming up but just dont have the time to create them because of work/ company etc...

but il try my best to get this rolling.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Wow you're still around! Big fan of all your work!

Upvote 0
Back