Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Java [v214] Swordie Source

Reaction score
Last v214 thread was a copy / paste from my v206 with messy links.

This is based on the v206 that I am aware of. Credits go to all who worked on it and credits will be left out for privacy.

Features of v214 over v206:
Adele added and fully functional
HoYoung added and fully functional (one skill *might* error 38, can't remember)
Guild partially works (Revamp broke this)
Cash Shop doesn't work (Revamp broke this)

Download v214 Server Source: (different than other v214 thread)

Download Client from Mega:

If you wish to Download a client from Steam using Depot Downloader, download Depot Downloader -> Extract files to folder -> right-click file explorer and click "Open in Terminal", then paste code below (after modifying username and pass to yours with MapleStory in your Steam library)
PHP:
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 216150 -depot 216151 -manifest 976750626611673486 -username replace_with_username -password replace_with_password
Download BlackCipher:

Auth Hook & Launcher Links:
Github:
Github:

Features of AuthHook:
CRC Bypass for v214
Disabled UI Transparency when hit by mob
Chat Spam bypass allowing simultaneous chat
Drop Cash Items
Type your PIC at login screen (You can type any pic, it's a bypass, real PIC is needed for deleting characters)

Auth Hook:
Like v206 Auth Hook guide, modify global.h 127.0.0.1 to something else if you would like to change IP of server for client connecting.
Compile and rename the new .dll to v214.dll to match Launcher's form1.cs name if needed.
Place new v214.dll in maplestory v214 client folder.

Launcher:
Like v206 Launcher guide, modify client.cs server ip address for connecting / registering accounts..
Modify form1.cs v214.dll if you change the name of the dll from Auth Hook compiling.
place new v214.exe client in maplestory v214 client folder.

XYBv7FC - Java [v214] Swordie Source - RaGEZONE Forums

xsth8Le - Java [v214] Swordie Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

CRE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!
I can signup and sigin using the v214 launcher but I can't get into the game, after I click Login, it will load maplestory.exe and then blackcipher.aes, and after a few seconds, there is just the launcher there. Any clue why? I have replaced the blackcipher folder and had the v214.dll in position. The server log is as:
[DEBUG] [API In] | DUMMY_CODE, 100/0x64 | 05 00 61 64 6D 69 6E 0C 00 79 65 6C 6C 6F 77 68 61 6D 6D 65 72
[DEBUG] [API Out] | null, 100/0x64 | 00 32 00 6E 65 64 33 4F 68 45 68 5C 77 57 6B 45 78 65 67 6F 31 73 56 51 6C 43 57 4C 39 52 67 6D 34 62 40 33 4C 56 3B 53 3D 5E 4F 50 75 3C 69 52 7B 61 60 65 65

Above I used the version of server in the other thread. It seems your version of code has several problems, and can't run properly. First it seems can only be compiled with JDK 14 rather than JDK 17, with JDK 17 somes errors about hibernate come up and no run, I am not really familiar with java so I can't really tell what's wrong, but changing to JDK 14 this error disappears. And with JDK 14, it runs, but with several runtime exceptions of different types, and keep running, but no responce when I run the client. I wonder if you shared the wrong version of files.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!
I can signup and sigin using the v214 launcher but I can't get into the game, after I click Login, it will load maplestory.exe and then blackcipher.aes, and after a few seconds, there is just the launcher there. Any clue why? I have replaced the blackcipher folder and had the v214.dll in position. The server log is as:
[DEBUG] [API In] | DUMMY_CODE, 100/0x64 | 05 00 61 64 6D 69 6E 0C 00 79 65 6C 6C 6F 77 68 61 6D 6D 65 72
[DEBUG] [API Out] | null, 100/0x64 | 00 32 00 6E 65 64 33 4F 68 45 68 5C 77 57 6B 45 78 65 67 6F 31 73 56 51 6C 43 57 4C 39 52 67 6D 34 62 40 33 4C 56 3B 53 3D 5E 4F 50 75 3C 69 52 7B 61 60 65 65

Above I used the version of server in the other thread. It seems your version of code has several problems, and can't run properly. First it seems can only be compiled with JDK 14 rather than JDK 17, with JDK 17 somes errors about hibernate come up and no run, I am not really familiar with java so I can't really tell what's wrong, but changing to JDK 14 this error disappears. And with JDK 14, it runs, but with several runtime exceptions of different types, and keep running, but no responce when I run the client. I wonder if you shared the wrong version of files.

I did have one running JDK 14 and one running JDK 17. I'll upload the JDK 17 one.

Edit:
Uploaded my other one.

Last edited:

CRE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! Fixed the URL.

I replaced the link in the first post with the new one.
Wonderful!

I figured it out, the ijl15.dll should not be renamed as v214.dll, it should be named just as ijl15.dll and replace the original one in the maplestory folder, or you won't be able to open the game. @Bellocan I am afraid your instruction about that might be wrong.

Reaction score
Wonderful!

I figured it out, the ijl15.dll should not be renamed as v214.dll, it should be named just as ijl15.dll and replace the original one in the maplestory folder, or you won't be able to open the game. @Bellocan I am afraid your instruction about that might be wrong.

Under AuthHook I mention renaming .dll to v214.dll if needed. I am happy to hear you have it working though.

CRE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this server is far from complete but worth developing, do you mind if I put this code public on github?
Oh, never mind, I saw the license.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
its same source.. people need the hibernate fucked when 10+ people online and someone try log off the char stuck on map..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its same source.. people need the hibernate fucked when 10+ people online and someone try log off the char stuck on map..

Instead of being negative everytime someone releases something, how about release something better that the community can use ? Or if you know a fix post that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! Thank you for this, really appreciate it. Very new to all of this, was wondering if I could get your help. I keep getting this error when trying to launch the server
[ERROR] Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:275)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:237)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:214)
at org.hibernate.id.factory.internal.DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.injectServices(DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.java:175)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.injectDependencies(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:286)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:243)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:214)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.<init>(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:173)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.complete(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:127)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.build(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:86)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:479)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:85)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:709)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:746)
at net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.init(DatabaseManager.java:147)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.init(Server.java:85)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.main(Server.java:349)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Error calling Driver#connect
at org.hibernate.exception.internal.SQLExceptionTypeDelegate.convert(SQLExceptionTypeDelegate.java:48)
at org.hibernate.exception.internal.StandardSQLExceptionConverter.convert(StandardSQLExceptionConverter.java:37)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:113)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.convertSqlException(BasicConnectionCreator.java:118)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:41)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.createConnection(BasicConnectionCreator.java:58)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.addConnections(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:409)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.<init>(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:275)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.<init>(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:249)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections$Builder.build(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:453)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.buildPool(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:98)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:73)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:107)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:246)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.buildJdbcConnectionAccess(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:146)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:66)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:35)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.initiateService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:101)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:263)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:480)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:917)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:896)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:885)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:860)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2163)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2088)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:806)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:47)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:410)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:328)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:38)
... 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.util.Map.get(Object)" because "this.serverVariables" is null
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getServerCharset(ConnectionImpl.java:2997)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendConnectionAttributes(MysqlIO.java:1936)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.proceedHandshakeWithPluggableAuthentication(MysqlIO.java:1865)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1228)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2253)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2104)
... 43 more

Process finished with exit code 1
so I'm having some issue connecting to the server, but I don't know how to resolve it. I've fiddled with the hibernate to see if messed up naming the schema or something like that, did the whole process again etc, but can't seem to figure it out. Sorry if this an obvious fix and I'm just a dumbass :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! Thank you for this, really appreciate it. Very new to all of this, was wondering if I could get your help. I keep getting this error when trying to launch the server
[ERROR] Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:275)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:237)
at org.hibernate.id.factory.internal.DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.injectServices(DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.java:175)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.injectDependencies(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:286)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:243)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.<init>(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:173)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.complete(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:127)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.build(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:86)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:479)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:85)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:709)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:746)
at net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.init(DatabaseManager.java:147)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.init(Server.java:85)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.main(Server.java:349)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Error calling Driver#connect
at org.hibernate.exception.internal.SQLExceptionTypeDelegate.convert(SQLExceptionTypeDelegate.java:48)
at org.hibernate.exception.internal.StandardSQLExceptionConverter.convert(StandardSQLExceptionConverter.java:37)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:113)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.convertSqlException(BasicConnectionCreator.java:118)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:41)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.createConnection(BasicConnectionCreator.java:58)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.addConnections(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:409)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.<init>(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:275)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections.<init>(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:249)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl$PooledConnections$Builder.build(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:453)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.buildPool(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:98)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:73)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:107)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:246)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.buildJdbcConnectionAccess(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:146)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:66)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:35)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.initiateService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:101)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:263)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:917)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:896)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:885)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:860)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2163)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2088)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:806)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:47)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:410)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:328)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:38)
... 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.util.Map.get(Object)" because "this.serverVariables" is null
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getServerCharset(ConnectionImpl.java:2997)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendConnectionAttributes(MysqlIO.java:1936)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.proceedHandshakeWithPluggableAuthentication(MysqlIO.java:1865)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1228)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2253)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2104)
... 43 more

Process finished with exit code 1
so I'm having some issue connecting to the server to the sql server somehow (I think), but I don't know how to resolve it. I've fiddled with the hibernate to see if messed up naming the schema or something like that, did the whole process again etc, but can't seem to figure it out. Sorry if this an obvious fix and I'm just a dumbass, thank you again.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Instead of being negative everytime someone releases something, how about release something better that the community can use ? Or if you know a fix post that.
why I release here fixes? lol I say the v206 and 214 not stable and in v214 lot of things not coded..

CRE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you post the link of the github when done ? Thanks.

I managed to get the cash shop fixed too. Although not fully fixed fixed, but at least it works. (I even use brutal for loop to compare SN one to one lol instead of using some kind of map)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How did you manage to get the authhook to compile? mine gives out a bunch of errors

Reaction score
How did you manage to get the authhook to compile? mine gives out a bunch of errors

I am using Windows SDK 10.0 and Visual Studio 2022 v143 build tools for compiling. It uses Visual C++ 14 as well. Check your visual studio install to see if you have v143 installed, to include Windows 10 SDK.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I managed to get the cash shop fixed too. Although not fully fixed fixed, but at least it works. (I even use brutal for loop to compare SN one to one lol instead of using some kind of map)

Wow that was fast and nicely done with the cash shop. I will try to check it out tomorrow.

Back