Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Java] Whats the easiest way to learn Java?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
HI people

I've just decided I want to start learning Java because I've seen mini-games like a combat game released in the Showcase section and it looks cool. I've always wanted to create a little game, but don't know the Java Language or the software to develop it. I don't know if Java is a easy language to learn or a hard language, but as I said, it looks rather cool language to learn. And I also need something to do whilst getting 99 fishing on RuneScape other wise I get bored and log out :p:

If anyone can give me some adive, I would be much greatful.

Thanks'
YeImANutter

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Buy a book, if available.

I bought one on VB6 (Visual Basic 6 For Dummies), learn't loads from it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I am also working on a top secret project and i decided a while back that i will program itin java and i am also looking for a quick way to learn the language. I currently know some parts of the language but no-were near the amount needed to even attempt in the main stage of my project and anyone who knows any good sites to get me started is great :):

Thanks,
Latest07

Senior
Loyal Member
Reaction score
java for dummies,

its really easily explained, and if you have previous coding experience such as c++ or C, this offers easier methods of understanding

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for advice will definately buy a copy

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for advice peopel. I will surely have to get one of them Java books. :):

There's no RL just AFK
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll just point out there is no 'quick' way, it takes dedication and alot of reading to master it, and even then you've constantly got updates to master. :drool:

Back