Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

just arrived

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
:thumbup: just got here cant wait to test em out

i need rish's help im getting horrible fps and sli is on >.<

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not every game can use SLI properly, try disabling SLI and then try removing 1 of the GFX and see if the FPS get even worse or if they improve

if disabling SLI doesn't help but removing 1 GFX card improves your system then I assume your system can't handle the 2 GFX cards, if disabling SLI helps then either 1 of the cards is damaged or you have to pick a different game

also define "horrible FPS"

is that lower than a low end GFX card?
lower than 1 GFX card without SLI?
or just lower than you expected?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
well i had 580 in sli and was getting around 50+ fps in unigine. i installed the 2 590 in quad sli and unigine was doin 120+ fps then my pc had a really long beep and froze now im getting 20-30 fps in unigine

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1200 Watt isn't enough for a quad high end SLI setup, seems to me that only 1 of your GFX cards is even doing anything now

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
i checked out reviews and stuff and some used the exact same psu and its only recommended to have 1000w+ something happened to the pcie slot i think it said something about 1 of the cards running in a low performance slot =/

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I ran a quick search on yrou motherboard and pulled up this:

PCI-Ex16 3
PCI-E Gen Gen2 (1x16, 1x8, 1x1)

This means that your first slot is running full speed, the second slot half speed, and the third slot.. well, the third slot is useless.

While I haven't personally tested anything - remember that games aren't made to specifically run in SLI mode. While many games support it, its only supported through the drivers AMD/Nvidia supply, and not actual game programming.

There are many instances of games being played better on a single card, then in SLI mode.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I ran a quick search on yrou motherboard and pulled up this:

PCI-Ex16 3
PCI-E Gen Gen2 (1x16, 1x8, 1x1)

This means that your first slot is running full speed, the second slot half speed, and the third slot.. well, the third slot is useless.

While I haven't personally tested anything - remember that games aren't made to specifically run in SLI mode. While many games support it, its only supported through the drivers AMD/Nvidia supply, and not actual game programming.

There are many instances of games being played better on a single card, then in SLI mode.

This is true. Although, the performance difference between your cards running in pci-e 16x vs 8x slots is neglectable really. People have done some research and testing and came to the conclusing that today's graphics cards never make full use of the 16x pci-e bandwith. All in all you're looking at a 1-2% difference in performance. Unless you have one gtx 590 actually in the 1x pci-e slot, that would be your problem then.

The PSU should be more then fine. It's one of the best PSU's out there. I'm thinking it has more to do with scaling. Quad sli scaling isn't all that great. If I remember correctly, 3 GTX 580's are better then 2 590's.

Masher, you said that it was fine before your pc froze. Do you remember exactly what happened ? Can you find something in your windows logs ?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
not yet i only tried unigine n that happened lol

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Running 2 cards, in a x16 and x8 slot, will automatically downspeed the cards to the limit of the slowest plugin you are using, so they are both running through a x8 slot in SLI.

But, aside from that - Ive heard that 590's scale horribly in SLI, its better to go 3x 580's from what I have been reading. Take a look at the Overclockers.com forum and take a look at all of their individual reviews on SLI setups in that range, if you like!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
ok updated drivers gettin good fps but its doin the beep thing again

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Like I said, with it being forced to run both 590's in a x8 slot, its downgrading performance quite a bit. 590's are a dual GPU design, so its already running two cards performance through a single slot. Hence, why people tend to go with either 2 580's, 1 590, or 3 580's.

For the beeping.. is it the card, or the motherboard? Beeping is usually either voltage issues, or heat issues. Check your motherboards BIOS and inspect the power ratings for a bit, make sure none of them dip into the red.

I had an old PSU that the 5v rail fluctuations went bad, it caused my hard drives to stop spinning up and all kinds of random errors.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
thats just it though lol everything is fine till i start to run something and it gets to exactly 62 and it makes a long beep the cards are going fine theres no fluctuations and x8 is supposedly enough to run them but it beeps n freezes but then it run again i cant see anything just hear the music going

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Having them both run in 8x mode is fine, that wont be the problem.

You have to find out what's making the beep. I'm thinking it's your mobo or psu.

Have you checked the temps for all four gpus?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with two gtx 590... my problem was the (1200w)PSU, they were drawing more power than it could provide when i was gaming(idle they worked fine) so i upgraded to a and now they work just fine!

Back