• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private Just started a 24/7 R63b retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

As the title says, I just started a R63b Habbo retro!

I named it Habtie!
Why I named it habtie is because well, I kinda imagined having a logo saying "Habtie" with a little black tie under it so it looks a bit fun and so.. but whatever, that's not why I am here!

This is not my first retro ever. I've ran several different retros, a couple very successful once. But.. That was years ago.

I already know what I am going to do to get people on to my server, that's not the problem, but what I need is, SUGGESTIONS.

I need former (or current), retro owners and well.. Habbo players in general to give me suggestions on how I can improve my hotel. What I can do get more players (Not the priority, got that kinda covered), keep the players happy and keeps things.. custom (?).

What can I do to improve the website? What can I do to improve the actual game? What can I add to the server that makes it easier and more fun for players to actual play? All suggestions are appreciated!

We're eventually going to require staff of course, so if you do make a suggestion, feel free to let me know if you'd be interested, in that case I'll get in touch with you when we're actually in need of staff! ^^

Thank you!
- Jon

Retired
Reaction score
Going to be honest with you, times are tough for retros to grow and gain users. These days you either need luck or very good coding skills that can make your retro unique from others out there. There are many retro owners out there that just download some random cms and emu then call it unique. My suggestion would be focus on users instead of focusing on making money, buy advertisements to be displayed on forums etc. Code new features and even make a custom cms that no other retro has.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Going to be honest with you, times are tough for retros to grow and gain users. These days you either need luck or very good coding skills that can make your retro unique from others out there. There are many retro owners out there that just download some random cms and emu then call it unique. My suggestion would be focus on users instead of focusing on making money, buy advertisements to be displayed on forums etc. Code new features and even make a custom cms that no other retro has.

Question.. Just.. What things would make it unique? What can I make, that no other hotel doesn't already have? That's what I would like to know :) And thanks for being honest about the whole tough times thing. I'm gonna keep that in mind.

Retired
Reaction score
No problem and If we knew what would bring users then we would of done it a long time ago, so I'm not really sure tbh :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The biggest thing you can do for your hotel is learn to code. Nothing worse than a hotel owner who doesn't know basic troubleshooting because he doesn't know how to code. Plus your hotel may benefit from your new attained skills by gaining you as it's developer.

I already know the basics of PHP, html and most other coding languages. I know how the SQL's work and such too. So I got that covered. Any troubles that come up, I'll most probably be able to handle it without any problems. And I'm actually more interested in hiring a developer from time to time, to do some custom work for the hotel. But, I'm definetly going to do some more research and learn to be better at coding and make some custom stuff myself! Thank you!

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I already know the basics of PHP, html and most other coding languages. I know how the SQL's work and such too. So I got that covered. Any troubles that come up, I'll most probably be able to handle it without any problems. And I'm actually more interested in hiring a developer from time to time, to do some custom work for the hotel. But, I'm definetly going to do some more research and learn to be better at coding and make some custom stuff myself! Thank you!

Learn C# / Java, the languages you mentioned are cute and all, but you should consider challenging yourself, you'll end up becoming a better proficient programmer as a result and not have to waste money on idiots who don't actually know what they're doing.

Reactions: 6ix
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Learn C# / Java, the languages you mentioned are cute and all, but you should consider challenging yourself, you'll end up becoming a better proficient programmer as a result and not have to waste money on idiots who don't actually know what they're doing.

I work within the YouTube industry too, so I have contacts with years of experience with coding :) So that's not a problem. Yet, Learning C# and Java is definetly a challenge, alright. But from my point of view, that seems to be more of a long term solution. That's something I'd have to learn with time, and then later on use it to improve my hotel. But the short term solution would be hiring someone skilled to do the work for me before I actually have those skills myself!

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try to benefit from this Habbo exodus because if people agree with me or not Retros have sustained the amount of users they have while Habbo continues to decline, Habbo is popular in emerging nations such as Brazil and South America, retros there have thousands. I think the West has moved on from Habbo. Sulake are stupid not to push for the Asian markets.

Reactions: 6ix
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to benefit from this Habbo exodus because if people agree with me or not Retros have sustained the amount of users they have while Habbo continues to decline, Habbo is popular in emerging nations such as Brazil and South America, retros there have thousands. I think the West has moved on from Habbo. Sulake are stupid not to push for the Asian markets.

They actually closed down several scandanavian Habbo's in April. That's one of the reason I actually started my server. I'm still waiting for the DNS change to apply, I've waited for a bit over 12 hours but the retro will yet not show. Not sure why, honestly. And what do you mean by "Habbo exodus"? Can't seem to find anything but groups when I googled it.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

They did, and when it didn't work out so well, they closed it off. Guess they'd need an anime based client to get anyone from Japan remotely interested in their game.
Alphoni29:

Learning C# or Java isn't just a "long-term solution" it would actually benefit you as a developer in so many levels, it's something you could learn in about a month. No seriously. College / University students learn languages in a matter of months, if you apply it you could learn either of the two in a two month setting. I've taken multiple programming classes in one semester, not that hard, the benefits are worth it. Your code will improve, and your troubleshooting skills will skyrocket.

Reaction score
The best thing you could do is close your hotel.

This community is full of cancerous, immature, faggot loser keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do than post each others home addresses, phone numbers, and penis pictures on Facebook under fake names with no real pictures of themselves.

Not only that, but why further spread out the ever declining user base over other hotels when what you should be doing is banding together with a larger group of more experienced people to create a superior experience.

But none of you that I know of in this thread apart from myself and Moogly have ever run a successful hotel with thousands online concurrently so you will not understand what I mean.

To summarize: Close your hotel, and find a new hobby. If you want something fun to develop for, try this.

~/rant

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The best thing you could do is close your hotel.

This community is full of cancerous, immature, faggot loser keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do than post each others home addresses, phone numbers, and penis pictures on Facebook under fake names with no real pictures of themselves.

Not only that, but why further spread out the ever declining user base over other hotels when what you should be doing is banding together with a larger group of more experienced people to create a superior experience.

But none of you that I know of in this thread apart from myself and Moogly have ever run a successful hotel with thousands online concurrently so you will not understand what I mean.

To summarize: Close your hotel, and find a new hobby. If you want something fun to develop for, try this.

~/rant

Not an issue if you don't have penis pictures to be share of yourself to begin with. Best laugh I've had in the section in a while reading that though. I do think it's harsh to suggest someone close their hotel though. If they're a nice person who doesn't bother anyone, or get involved in the backstabbing side of the community, let 'em be.

As for Reign of Kings, can you even develop for it? Doesn't seem like there's much going on there.

Reaction score
Not an issue if you don't have penis pictures to be share of yourself to begin with. Best laugh I've had in the section in a while reading that though. I do think it's harsh to suggest someone close their hotel though. If they're a nice person who doesn't bother anyone, or get involved in the backstabbing side of the community, let 'em be.

As for Reign of Kings, can you even develop for it? Doesn't seem like there's much going on there.

If you don't have any, some will be found and made to be yours. It doesn't matter, not like you're going to try prove otherwise LOL.

And yes, you can. I have a 100 slot server that is rather popular due to my custom modifications and plugins. Hence why I no longer develop Habbo retros.

Reaction score
To gain users these days, you need to be unique and you won't be unique without customising your running emulator.

Back when Habboon was ran by Otaku, we used to try push unique features to keep users entertained, the problem was, that emulator was used by many other hotels at the time, so those unique features were never unique for long.

Make your catalogue awesome, make your website easy to use, make sure your staff interact with all users instead of that 'one group', always tell new users that moderation applications are open to those who are actively on the hotel.

Economy, make it work in your own unique way which will attract starting users.

Reaction score
If you don't have any, some will be found and made to be yours. It doesn't matter, not like you're going to try prove otherwise LOL.

And yes, you can. I have a 100 slot server that is rather popular due to my custom modifications and plugins. Hence why I no longer develop Habbo retros.

Still, you are on Habbo Retro section. About your last post, OP asked about how to improve his hotel, he didn't asked for input about if he should or not close his hotel. OP, since you are new on Habbo World, you can start thinking more about your team than anything else like features etc. That's where you should start and foccus on. Features you gotta to think, sure, but first be in mind that the team is the fundation of your hotel.

Reaction score
Still, you are on Habbo Retro section. About your last post, OP asked about how to improve his hotel, he didn't asked for input about if he should or not close his hotel. OP, since you are new on Habbo World, you can start thinking more about your team than anything else like features etc. That's where you should start and foccus on. Features you gotta to think, sure, but first be in mind that the team is the fundation of your hotel.

Yes, I am on the Habbo retro section, because I would like to divert as many people as possible away from this poop hole of a dead community from which there is no pulling it back from the depths of hell it has befallen on. Anyone else in their right mind should be doing the same.

It's not like you can even make a truly unique experience on a retro these days. And even if you do, good luck getting users.

To gain users these days, you need to be unique and you won't be unique without customising your running emulator.

Back when Habboon was ran by Otaku, we used to try push unique features to keep users entertained, the problem was, that emulator was used by many other hotels at the time, so those unique features were never unique for long.

Make your catalogue awesome, make your website easy to use, make sure your staff interact with all users instead of that 'one group', always tell new users that moderation applications are open to those who are actively on the hotel.

Economy, make it work in your own unique way which will attract starting users.

Except you never really did anything unique on 'boon. All the features that Phoenix Emulator had were already thought of by other people and already implemented by other people.

Ya'll did what Otaku always did, leech ideas and profit off of them. It was proven time and time again, even before Phoenix 3, that this is what Aaron was all about.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As for the topic, uniqueness is one of the few ways to gain users, a lot of time must go into creating new features that very few hotels have. Along with that you need to advertise, a lot. Going on other retros and spamming or using forced voting is one of the ways of advertising that you SHOULDN'T do. It's very difficult to get users these days, back in v26 users were easy to come by, stability was the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Folks, let's keep ontopic now, it's cool having a conversation, and debating the past of this section, and the future, but this is not the thread for that.

Feel free to create a new thread if you feel it's needed, but I won't tolerate offtopic conversation.

Be advised ^^,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back