Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just tried windows 8 and now I wanna go back to vista?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just tried the pre-release of win8 and I wanna go back to windows vista(My original os)

How can I do this?

Thanks, (Win8 is not good at all)

Reaction score
You shouldn't have had deleted your old os to start with it. There is virtual box , or secondary hard disks to try out os-es. IF you have a windows vista cd , do a fresh installation , if not ... you can't. You will need to purchase windows 7 :\

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also, Windows Vista support is discontinued by Microsoft. You will either want to downgrade (which really is an upgrade) to Windows XP or upgrade to Windows 7.

Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with Windows 8. How much time did you honestly put into learning the shortcuts and the new features? It's pretty much the same as Windows 7 except easier and quicker to use.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not able to run half of the programs I was able to(ex: Minecraft) also how do I open up the start menu??

Reaction score
There is no Start menu in Windows 8 , it's replaced with Metro , and Minecraft should run just fine , I don't see why it wouldn't. Does it give any error? Did you install the right Java for your system. Metro acts like a start menu tho , except its full screen and has huge icons.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure if many people don't know that but :
When you open the metro screen press a key like M, it will filter out all apps that don't begin with M and usually find exactly what you're looking for, just like the old start screen where you type what you're looking for except it's faster
The only thing about windows 8 that really bothers me are those crappy pop ups when you put the mouse on the corners of your screen

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Search for windows 8 start button on Google and you'll find a hack to add it.

As for reverting, you can't. Don't delete your old OS installation next time.

Doesn't work anymore :(.

Microsoft actually completely removed the entire start menu from Windows.

Revolution-Entrepreneur
Reaction score
what do you need start button for again?

and back to vista? srsly?

Oh yeah, he likes the lagg spikes and memory leaks pretty seriously ;D
Well, the Windows 8 is more suitable for touch screen devices IMO.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The start menu is a pretty important tool for windows, I have no idea why they would remove it. How do I uninstall programs now? How do I access the control panel?

Anyways I have the start menu anyone who needs it.

Works perfect.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The start menu is a pretty important tool for windows, I have no idea why they would remove it. How do I uninstall programs now? How do I access the control panel?

Anyways I have the start menu anyone who needs it.

Works perfect.
You have to take time to learn where things are, it's not the same as Windows 7. Metro is better and makes things faster, to access the control panel you must go through the metro interface (new start menu).

Edit;

Or you can go onto the Desktop application and press explorer, go to the computer (drive selection) and press control panel on the top ribbon menu.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Windows 8 isn't fully done anyway.. It was indeed wiser to run it on some virtual drive.
I'd rather recommend win7 for now. Even above Vista.

Windows 7:

Burn on a 4,7 DVD-R (or RW) and install.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
uninstalling in windows 8 is easier than in windows 7
you just rightclick the program in the metro screen and you get an uninstall option no matter if the software provides uninstaller or not
to access control pannel press C in the metro screen to filter all apps and see only those starting in C, control pannel will be there

Reaction score
As others have said its a good idea to try new software in a vm. If you have a pre-built PC a lot of them come with a recovery partition that you can use to restore to factory defaults. If you didn't wipe the whole drive when you installed Windows 8 then the recovery partition may still be there and you might be able access it though the boot loader for it could have broken. If you have recovery discs that you should have made when you got your PC then you can use those to either recover from them or the recovery partition.

If you don't have any discs then a lot of pre-built PC's use to have a sticker slapped on the side with your product key. If you download an OEM version of Vista then you can install it from that disc using your old product key. Since you are using your original product key you should be able activate it and will be using a legal version of Windows.

If you don't have your original product key then you will probably have to either buy Windows 7 or crack it. Window 7 would be the better option to choose however Vista would still be suitable.

Reaction score
See you spent absolutely no time actually bothering to learn the new operating system yet you complain you don't understand it. It's 10x easier to uninstall and find a program in Windows 8 especially if you have a duel monitor setup where you can view metro on one screen while the other is fully functional.

Back