• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

K-Gunz Is back, Start ripping!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
New Official K-GunZ Site:

Masangsoft Inc bought the license from MAIET, and that Masangsoft are going to relaunch gunz 1 and 2.

One of the developers for Masangsoft Inc posted this in the offical Korean gunz forum

"건즈1 FGT(Focus Group Test) 일정 안내 및 개발노트 공유
FGT 안내
일자
2016년 1월 7일 목요일 ~ 1월 14일 목요일
시간
위 일주일간은 항시 서버오픈 (정확한 서버 온/오프 시간은 추후 안내)
방법
건투커 카페 및 타 건즈 커뮤니티 멤버분들께서는 기간 내에 자유롭게 참여가 가능하도록
게임실행 방식에 있어서는 열려있는 방식으로 진행 할 예정 구체적인 사항 (아이디, 패스워드, 게임설치 파일 다운로드 등)은 추후 알림)
초기화
FGT가 종료되면 기간 내에 남은 모든 데이터는 저장되지 않고 초기화(삭제) 됩니다.
기타
FGT 는 총 2회로 예정되었으며 위 안내는 첫번째 FGT 입니다.
개발노트요약
장비별 효과 추가
머리 - 옵션x (장식용)
상의 - HP 증가
장갑 - 장탄수 증가
하의 - AP 증가
신발 - 이동 속도 증가
반지 - 무게 증가
무기, 장비별 레벨 제한 제거
마상건즈 서버에서는 나비텝, 단텝 불가능 (칼질과 동시에 막아지기 금지함.)
클래식 건즈 서버에서는 나비텝, 단텝 가능
더욱 더 세부적인 내용과 추가 내용에 대해서는 건투커에서 확인 하시길 바랍니다.
마상소프트 담당자 공지사항 -"

English Translation is as follows:

"Gunz 1 FGT (Focus Group Test) date announcement & developer notes
FGT scheduled date
2016 January 7th, (Thursday) ~ January 14th (Thursday)
Server will run continuously for the week stated above (Specific server on/off time will be announced later)

How to participate:
건투커(Korean Gunz community) and other gunz community members can openly participate in the beta tests in the time specified above. Method of downloading,ID and password, will be specified in detail in the future.
After the FGT duration, all data will be erased and reset
This will be the first of the two planned FGT
Developer Note Summary:
There will be special effects with each equipment slot
Head: No effect (purely cosmetic)
Top: HP Increase
Gloves: Ammo Increase
Bottom: AP Increase
Shoes: Movement speed Increase
Ring: Max weight Increase
Weapon, Equipment level restriction removed
In Masang Gunz server blocking after slash will be removed (NO BF, DBF, etc)
In Classic Servers there is no restriction (YES BF, DBF, etc)
(I think they will host 2 different servers 1 classic 1 Masang server)
If you want specific details or additional details, please check 건투커 forums
-Masangsoft Inc "

This was posted on Korean Gunz forums about a week ago.
I just translated the post from the masangsoft developer just in case some of you were curious with whats going on

Also keep in mind the game mechanics are not finalized and will be subjected to change after the beta testing.
A lot of Koreans are not pleased with the change to slash-block mechanic so it might also change later on.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Depends on what you're referring to.

they let GunZ 1 die out and didn't see any potential in that game, who knows what masangsoft will be working on imagine a new engine and stuff.

Also this maybe brings the GunZ community back if they do work on something.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could be interesting if they work on something huge, but i doubt it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who would even want to play in the server where blocking after a slash is not possible rofl.

Wondering how this turns out though!
They're just tuning Gunz less competitive, unable to keep in mind what made Gunz unique in first place. According to them, everything has to be "Player friendly now" Just like Gunz 2. Good news is that, there should be another open source releasing soon. Would be a good opportunity to get hands on Blitz, Spymode. PHOENIX! Where are you?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
They're just tuning Gunz less competitive, unable to keep in mind what made Gunz unique in first place. According to them, everything has to be "Player friendly now" Just like Gunz 2. Good news is that, there should be another open source releasing soon. Would be a good opportunity to get hands on Blitz, Spymode. PHOENIX! Where are you?

Heh, open source or not spy and blitz are possible to do already. BLitz only takes a completed challengequest, and spymode is just maiets version of infected.

Upvote 0
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
they let GunZ 1 die out and didn't see any potential in that game, who knows what masangsoft will be working on imagine a new engine and stuff.

Also this maybe brings the GunZ community back if they do work on something.

I think you are mistaken, actual servers, ones that pay for licenses, don't just get to make things like we do. License holders are just companies that use the files they are sent by MAIET. They host games, nothing else. We have more access to the files, sources, and plugins than ijji ever had.

Upvote 0

Lib

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Heh, open source or not spy and blitz are possible to do already. BLitz only takes a completed challengequest, and spymode is just maiets version of infected.
I dont agree, Spy is not the same as infected.

Ans Lucas is right, Masangsoft owns the gunz copyright. If i am right they bought Maiet.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think you are mistaken, actual servers, ones that pay for licenses, don't just get to make things like we do. License holders are just companies that use the files they are sent by MAIET. They host games, nothing else. We have more access to the files, sources, and plugins than ijji ever had.

no im not there is a reason why maiet stopped the development right because the game didnt update anymore and alot of servers die because nobody played it anymore outdated and stuff there is just one opportunity to bring this game to life again if the developers from which they sold to can make something happen. current private servers are pretty boring if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Do not think you can rip anything from the start, I'm pretty sure they will be re-releasing most of the stuff to gain some time to make stuff for the game.
At least thats what i think. If i was them i wouldn't have announce anything unless i got new stuff on the game added to get some attention from people who play pservers.

also credit the person who translated that, You just copy past it here.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't bother responding to him and explaining terms of a license holder. However, if you think about it, still surprises me how Official Hispanic server how they're able to host a server with Anti-Lead? As far as i'm concerned, Maiet never released their source with anti according to Keun suh who works directly for Maiet took his time responding to my email. What gave them the right to change that? I'm assuming Maiet never cared enough to deal with the changes ''kaybo1'' made?

Upvote 0

Lib

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I didn't bother responding to him and explaining terms of a license holder. However, if you think about it, still surprises me how Official Hispanic server how they're able to host a server with Anti-Lead? As far as i'm concerned, Maiet never released their source with anti according to Keun suh who works directly for Maiet took his time responding to my email. What gave them the right to change that? I'm assuming Maiet never cared enough to deal with the changes ''kaybo1'' made?
license holders are able to require updates, as you see in the src which is leaked, build types. These probably used in this case again.

Upvote 0
Back