• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

KaLua (Emulator)

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
KingIzu has clearly explained that kalua should not be further developed on.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
yea my bad i have seen after on ragezone..
Sry...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Kalserver 6 ( C++ ) by BakaBug is ,too Released a Base for Emulator also, got ,too some Projects left with Different Ways but to less Coders here in the Community.

Zen

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Both of the projects which got anywhere have some serious flaws (one of which being the language - C# isn't such a bad choice but it limits the platform - I'd much rather start from scratch with good design in mind than continue development of something like that)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Talked with BakaBug some days ago the Progress of the Emulator is good, and maybe he will make it Open Source soon.

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
that is great news, me myself does not possess any skill do do any good with a source but perhaps i could learn from it ^^
there has been many emulator projects during the years and from what i know and can tell, bakabug has made the best progress so far.

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would love to see that Project Open Source.
I saw some Youttube Videos from that Project, like to work on it.
Was a good and far progressed.

Helper for everyone
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Would love to see that Project Open Source.
I saw some Youttube Videos from that Project, like to work on it.
Was a good and far progressed.

link of video?

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
KaLua is in C# and Kose also if im not entirely wrong

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
^
c++
& Supporting linux too

Isn't it c#? Kose was in c++ if I'm right

On Youtube it says its running on linux, so its not in C# if we talk about kasahto.
And with a little Google Cache lookup you will find: "KasahtoThe new KalOnline Server Emulation for Linux written in C++."

The Vids about it seems to show a server running on Linux with the newest Client (but not finished / many things doesnt work).
But if you ask me, a fully working open source c++ written linux compatbile kal server is a dream that will never happen ^^

Reaction score
Ups, I thought they were talking about KaLua...
Also I know a bit about KaSahto..I spent some hours talking with luca on Irc a while ago xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Luca was sadly the only1 writing the thing with some help from his partner (that guy from magia project, can't remember the name), Luca even posted a request for additional coder that would be willing to help but it seems nobody of you "pwnage"/"hobby" coders didn't show any interest
and yes it was c++
some ss's proving mage's skill(s) were working
shot_KaSahto_2011_10_27_000 - KaLua (Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums

also the monster dropping was done and beahade, later also some other skills were working
tottaly new ai, where monsters were randomly attacking each other, which is great idea in my opinion also they didn't move if no players were near which lead to total reduced CPU ussage on server it was running on, which really mattered to him

ah well, i wish his website would be on again :/

Reaction score
Luca was sadly the only1 writing the thing with some help from his partner (that guy from magia project, can't remember the name), Luca even posted a request for additional coder that would be willing to help but it seems nobody of you "pwnage"/"hobby" coders didn't show any interest
and yes it was c++
some ss's proving mage's skill(s) were working
View attachment 118255

also the monster dropping was done and beahade, later also some other skills were working
tottaly new ai, where monsters were randomly attacking each other, which is great idea in my opinion also they didn't move if no players were near which lead to total reduced CPU ussage on server it was running on, which really mattered to him

ah well, i wish his website would be on again :/

Back then I couldn't code, and others also so don't blame me, MadKnight, R3vo or lafreak.

Back