Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kerning City v55

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please keep the flames out, KerningCity is trying his best to bring out a v55 source. Let him create it, leave constructive criticism only!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I would love to see a successful v55, but this one doesn't seem like it can be one. It is my guess that it will fail.
Edit:
Around 3 months to finish this project? It seems like you can finish coding most of these features within a week. (Even with only like 30 minutes to an hour a day)
I am different from you. You can probably code this faster than I can, and I barely recruited a team yet. The longer the time I spend on this project, the better it will turn out in the end.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am different from you. You can probably code this faster than I can, and I barely recruited a team yet. The longer the time I spend on this project, the better it will turn out in the end.

There is a difference between taking your time and doing things right, and taking your time because you don't know how to do anything. Now, I'm not implying you're one or the other, as I don't know you, but you should definitely be aware of this. Taking more time definitely does not imply any more quality. Nevertheless, good luck.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There is a difference between taking your time and doing things right, and taking your time because you don't know how to do anything. Now, I'm not implying you're one or the other, as I don't know you, but you should definitely be aware of this. Taking more time definitely does not imply any more quality. Nevertheless, good luck.
You are right in both cases, I don't know how to do much but if I don't know how to do something, I have to take the time and effort to figure it out and not just throw it off to the side for me to forget to fix. I know a good amount of programming, better in C++ because that's when I first started and have enough patience to learn more Java.

Reaction score
You are right in both cases, I don't know how to do much but if I don't know how to do something, I have to take the time and effort to figure it out and not just throw it off to the side for me to forget to fix. I know a good amount of programming, better in C++ because that's when I first started and have enough patience to learn more Java.

I honestly don't understand this attitude (most maple "devs") have it. By attitude, I mean the "Hey I'm gonna write in some random numbers, and if doesn't work I'll throw in some other garbage" attitude. That isn't learning. If you truly want to get something out of coding a server, do yourself a favor and check out some books about C++/Java/etc.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand this attitude (most maple "devs") have it. By attitude, I mean the "Hey I'm gonna write in some random numbers, and if doesn't work I'll throw in some other garbage" attitude. That isn't learning. If you truly want to get something out of coding a server, do yourself a favor and check out some books about C++/Java/etc.
Sorry for my attitude that totally makes me write in some random numbers, and if it doesn't work then throw in some other garbage. I did buy a book, I remember it too. I was at the Honolulu airport about to depart back on my way to San Diego. I went to the airport bookstore and purchased a "Learn C#/C++ In 48 Hours" book. It came with a CD with Visual Studio on it, and I was stoked. I read most of the whole book on the five hour flight and was really interested in it and the examples it provided me with.

Then I went home and fucked around with it for the next 2 months, watching a lot of YouTube videos to make all sorts of projects with it. I then learned how to make hacks for MapleStory and CS:Source and a few other games that I experimented with. I never needed to use GameKiller or W8Baby's (now GamerSoul -_-) HSCRC bypass, I made my own :p.

So yes, I do have a Ducking attitude. And I can use the same Ducking attitude that taught me my first programming language and study up on another programming language. Thanks to my Ducking attitude ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please keep the flames out, KerningCity is trying his best to bring out a v55 source. Let him create it, leave constructive criticism only!

hes not going to release it. this can be closed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do not need newer version to make fun.

many custom features and stable server is better than unstable newer versions. (exception extalia,...)

so i love this idea.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hes not going to release it. this can be closed.
I'm actually working on it right now, and I am going to release the server to the public, and when I decide to start focusing on real life then I'm gonna release the whole repack when I leave this community. So I don't know what made you bark.

Reaction score
Sorry for my attitude that totally makes me write in some random numbers, and if it doesn't work then throw in some other garbage. I did buy a book, I remember it too. I was at the Honolulu airport about to depart back on my way to San Diego. I went to the airport bookstore and purchased a "Learn C#/C++ In 48 Hours" book. It came with a CD with Visual Studio on it, and I was stoked. I read most of the whole book on the five hour flight and was really interested in it and the examples it provided me with.

Then I went home and fucked around with it for the next 2 months, watching a lot of YouTube videos to make all sorts of projects with it. I then learned how to make hacks for MapleStory and CS:Source and a few other games that I experimented with. I never needed to use GameKiller or W8Baby's (now GamerSoul -_-) HSCRC bypass, I made my own :p.

So yes, I do have a Ducking attitude. And I can use the same Ducking attitude that taught me my first programming language and study up on another programming language. Thanks to my Ducking attitude ;)

I wasn't really attacking you in person, but more so the general "community" of maple devs. But it's good that you're willing to learn, we could use more people like that around here

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I wasn't really attacking you in person, but more so the general "community" of maple devs. But it's good that you're willing to learn, we could use more people like that around here
Sorry, feels like a lot of people trying to bring me down right now. I understand what you mean, I'm trying not to leech to much here either.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Many trolls here....
Anyway, what's up with the progress bro?

ESC

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understand, what is the problem with a v55 server?
let him do what he wants! it would be better if you just say good luck instead of trying to bring him down.
Anyway, good luck in your project; send me a pm if you need any help sometimes, i'm not a big java scripter, but i can help.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Many trolls here....
Anyway, what's up with the progress bro?
Most of my effort is being put into the website right now. I want to get that set up before I really start diving into the server itself, that way even if the game is unavailable (which it definitely will be for the first stages) users who are interested can create their accounts, stay in touch with daily updates, screenshots, and videos of some sort that will be available to access via the CMS. Also, the development of the forum has also taken underway as well. Hope to look forward to much, much more!

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
do not need newer version to make fun.

many custom features and stable server is better than unstable newer versions. (exception extalia,...)

so i love this idea.

There is no such thing as unstable versions. There is only unstable sources.

Back