• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

King of the Realm

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Kal-community,

It's been a while since my last development in the kal-scene, this time I'm developing a new system that will merge into my test kalserver. When I manage to complete it well, I'm releasing it for sure!
(if you guys are interessted in it ofcourse :) )

What exactly am I developing?
A King of the Realm system.

Basicly all interaction with the server happens from my website, where a player can login.
If you are logged in, you can vote (incase you are lvl 50+ (this will prevent that new accounts are made just for voting)) on the a player to become King of the Realm.

The selection algorithm will be based on the votes recieved, the characters constribution (players can do tasks to become more popular to the npc's = constibution)), also the level will play a role and perhaps some bargain, so people can pay money to get a higher chance.
the voting will give the major impact, so players have to be social!

Every week the king position is re-elected, the current king (before the election) has an higher chance to become king again, so newbloods need to outrun him in votes.

There is also another way to become king, once in a while a GM organised event called: The King's fight is held. This can be for an houre, or an entire day, the GM should stalk the king and if an assassin manages to kill the king, he instantly becomes king right away. (this has to be done manualy by the GM though)

What exactly is the advantage of being a king?
As I said before, everything happens on the website after logging in, when a player is the current king, he has a few special operations that he can perform.
I give some examples: Selecting a Right-Hand, a Royal-Captain and 3 Royal-Defenders, these should protect the king while a King's fight is held. They al get a special benefit too,
The king and his guards can teleport themselves to a special training area, with special mobs and higher exp/droprates.
The king can also kick a player once in a while, so better dont taunt a king.

Now I still need to figure out a few things
I'm not sure if kicking a player is possible outside the game.
As for identifiying the king ingame, there should be some king of renaming, so the name will be changed from Potato to <King>Potato.

There are still alot of extra features I plan in this kind of system, but it's still in the 'idea' fase.

Hope you guys like the idea!

regards,

Quitta

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's what I tought too :), getting it client sided would be to hard (having votes ingame + letting the server select the king) I guess the webserver approach will be ways easier, and a simple cron file will do the selecting job :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should give the King some awesome skills, like these:

Changing weather as skill and flying dragon mount = epic
:wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Making something like that would be to complicated :p I also figured out 2 new things I will add:
If i manage to get monster summoning scrolls working, I might let kings use these (bounded) and on a limited scale,
Also including a King's transformation egg, not sure yet which monster I'll use for it, but like the demon monster egg

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
make nices addons but dont make somthing like 3rd job

Reaction score
Finally a project that's not totally out of the developers grasp :p.
Sounds like a really fun project and I really want to see how popular it will end up being with players.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Note that we are still looking for capable developers to join our dev team! contact me :)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
is this project still alive ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to say so, but no.
I quit the kal scene a while ago, focusing now on my summer job :)

Back