• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

KPT2453, 1981, 1990 & 1994 No XTrap Required Patch

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
pstale asked for the latest release of KPT without the requirement of XTrap. He later specified a much older version of the test client, but I'd already started on his original request. Then the tread was closed, so I've had to open a new one to share with you what I did.

Update your release client to the latest version "2.45.3" extract this patch anywhere you like, drop the game.exe on it and it will back up game.exe to game.exe.bak and patch out the XTrap requirement on the latest "Release" version of KPT client.

--- EDIT ---
Updated with patches for other recent clients, and a note of great import.

These newer clients will not work alone in older asset collection folders!!!

I must also attribute some credit, because Osirus originally passed me 1990 which he had patched but couldn't get to work. He and I have been fighting with it for months, but it turns out all the crashes and game.exe errors and game quitting for no reason is actually because the client has become *MUCH* more fussy about it's assets. If you download and update the full client from Yedang, and use only their assets then these game.exe files work fine, after applying the patches provided.

I'm not giving away the game.exe files... if you have been archiving your executables you will have them, the "Release" 2.45.3 is what you will get from Yedangs update servers at the time or writing, as is the test version 1.99.4. I don't want to support these clients... if you want to adapt them for use, and just can't get past that first hurdle, the these will speed you along the way. Compare the backup the patcher makes with the patched Exe and you should understand what was done to make it work. If not... Scratch you head, think twice about what you are doing, read as many guides as you can on disabling XTrap etc. before continuing to work on your own client. :wink:

Also note *I* tagged this release, but *did not* add it to the releases section because *I* consider it transitory, and of little permanent value. These patches make the most basic XTrap requirement bypass. They don't strip XTrap code from the client, or avoid the "call home" functions... they simply allow you to use the client without XTrap running in the background and from an IP outside of Korea. You have a lot of work ahead if you want this client to be safe to distribute. Many private servers are taken down, by hackers early on. Some of which is claimed by disgruntled members of P-Server community. (clearing out trashy servers who don't know what they are doing and can't secure their players) But much of it (I suspect) is based on Yedang employees / contractors using data collected from this "call home" feature built into the game.exe which reports your gaming activity to XTrap which I'm sure will feed back to them. You have been warned!!!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
great job, ur awesome.
thank you bobsobol.
ill miss you all the time

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In Feb of 2011 (almost 3 years ago) I said
note *I* tagged this release, but *did not* add it to the releases section because *I* consider it transitory, and of little permanent value.
I haven't kept the patches. (I could probably remake them, but I will not) I would be *very* surprised if anyone else has kept these files.

Back