Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Icarus Server (Production) - [Python, Multi-DB/MySQL]

Quackster nice shot! Wondering if this time is different from the others emulators, like Azure, that the Categories are half dynamic.

I think you're getting confused between navigator categories and room categories.

"room categories" was moved to db, simillar to navigator_flatcats or whatever from Uber/Phoenix, in that changelog

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think you're getting confused between navigator categories and room categories.

"room categories" was moved to db, simillar to navigator_flatcats or whatever from Uber/Phoenix, in that changelog

I'm saying exactly about that. Navigator Flat Categories in Azure/Mercury/Swfit is a crap.

Also Navigator Categories are. The way to identify which Category is selected and which Navigator category need populate is really hard coded in Azure.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm saying exactly about that. Navigator Flat Categories in Azure/Mercury/Swfit is a crap.

Also Navigator Categories are. The way to identify which Category is selected and which Navigator category need populate is really hard coded in Azure.

Ah, I get you now. :cool:

It's really easy to change it in my server.

WsNFLE3 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

And now ? It support the lasted version ?

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ah, I get you now. :cool:

It's really easy to change it in my server.

WsNFLE3 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Python make it more easy. Nice way, really few lines to implement. In Azure was like 10~20 :/

Observation: was made in a static way, with for loop and foreach loop.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Python make it more easy. Nice way, really few lines to implement. In Azure was like 10~20 :/

Observation: was made in a static way, with for loop and foreach loop.

Python's philosophy is there is usually one right way to do it. That is part of the strength behind Python. Especially if you use Python 3 you benefit from a lot of the high end server functionalities available to Python out of the box. Less time thinking about data types and the 50 ways of coding something, more time coding. I love C# and Java is fine, but Python is really nice, and familiar to work with.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Python's philosophy is there is usually one right way to do it. That is part of the strength behind Python. Especially if you use Python 3 you benefit from a lot of the high end server functionalities available to Python out of the box. Less time thinking about data types and the 50 ways of coding something, more time coding. I love C# and Java is fine, but Python is really nice, and familiar to work with.

Python makes everything more easy and fast to do. With the logic being processed by the Python Prepocessor and obviously the Python Developers haha. But Python also uses a lot more of memory and CPU...

Here is how Navigator Searches works in the New Yupi
Quackster - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Really much better than Azure.

But need to be improved haha

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Python makes everything more easy and fast to do. With the logic being processed by the Python Prepocessor and obviously the Python Developers haha. But Python also uses a lot more of memory and CPU...

Here is how Navigator Searches works in the New Yupi
Quackster - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Really much better than Azure.

But need to be improved haha

Duno I can run plenty of things off Python on a 512MB server. I don't know how much ram and CPU you're on about, but you must be doing Python wrong :) Python is used internally on Debian / Ubuntu. you can't truly escape it.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Duno I can run plenty of things off Python on a 512MB server. I don't know how much ram and CPU you're on about, but you must be doing Python wrong :) Python is used internally on Debian / Ubuntu. you can't truly escape it.

For big hardware resource python is good. But talking about a raspberry pi. C++ will be much better or actually Java.
Depending of the application Python can use really big memory. I did a code only saying Hello World and was using 32mb of RAM. Stfu..

For my area (IoT) Python isn't good. My team actually did a code with Python to Handle ZigBee packets and do some REST stuff, in the MacBook Pro was running good, but in lower hardware... was like a tortoise.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't think that use of python is a good idea.

Python is favorable for many things; speed isn't necessarily one of them. It's flexible and forgiving that leads to efficient use of development time, but you will lose a lot of performance.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I don't think that use of python is a good idea.

Python is favorable for many things; speed isn't necessarily one of them. It's flexible and forgiving that leads to efficient use of development time, but you will lose a lot of performance.
Python is pretty fast. We're not working at Google scale here.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I'm in love with it, python is very simplistic with the manner in which you can program.
Keep it up, Quackster. :beerglass:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Python is "pretty" fast but not as fast as other static-compiled languages in comparison.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Python is "pretty" fast but not as fast as other static-compiled languages in comparison.
Python will scale up. As I said, we're not working at Google scale here.

A lot of habbotard developers seem to think that they're solving problems at massive scale when most retros don't have more than 3k people online.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Python will scale up. As I said, we're not working at Google scale here.

A lot of habbotard developers seem to think that they're solving problems at massive scale when most retros don't have more than 3k people online.
Truth be told, that's the mindset I keep for a certain reason... I'm not necessarily looking to help out the habbotard community but get some experience on an enterprise level.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

For big hardware resource python is good. But talking about a raspberry pi. C++ will be much better or actually Java.
Depending of the application Python can use really big memory. I did a code only saying Hello World and was using 32mb of RAM. Stfu..

For my area (IoT) Python isn't good. My team actually did a code with Python to Handle ZigBee packets and do some REST stuff, in the MacBook Pro was running good, but in lower hardware... was like a tortoise.

Imma let you finish but, Python is the best programming language of all time. IoT is only for basement dwellers, and take a REST from your hate m8. You just said it runs slow on lower hardware, but said it runs fast on a Macbook Pro? You must not know what lower hardware is right? :) [/parody]

You did a code only saying Hello World? For one thing you don't understand how complicated strings are in programming, computers don't speak "strings" they speak 1's and 0's, another thing is how you ran it, you likely ran it on defaults and are crying about that? Tell Google to stop using Python, and Dropbox, Pinterest, Hulu, Netflix, Instagram, and whatever else you use that is likely powered by Python. It's good enough, I don't see you doing serious C++ work on here to be talking so highly. If you can't code a simple scripting language correctly don't tell me to shut up? You're using a $35 piece of crap to write code in and you're whining about Python based on that? Nobody is going to run a Habbo server on a Raspberry Pi, only to look like a Special person when it hits high enough load. This isn't your IoT community where you need to be closer to Assembly to do anything useful. Everyday people could care less about IoT anyway, right now it is mostly a hobbyist thing. I'd never want half of my house to be on the internet, it's like leaving all your doors to everything you own unlocked.

As Caustik said, we're not here to be Google scale, nor are we here to cater to $35 crappy SBC's or Microcontrollers? As for enterprise experience, Python is used in enterprise. Tell Reddit their Python doesn't scale sometime, or Hulu, or Netflix, then go look at Twitter and how Ruby is going for them, didn't last too long for them. Python gets the job done, and pays for my bills, so till it doesn't pay for my bills, Python is the best programming language in the world. Try making a GUI with Ruby or PhP or Perl, I'll have made one in Python by the time you figure out how to print "Hello World" on the screen, no pun intended.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Imma let you finish but, Python is the best programming language of all time. IoT is only for basement dwellers, and take a REST from your hate m8. You just said it runs slow on lower hardware, but said it runs fast on a Macbook Pro? You must not know what lower hardware is right? :) [/parody]

You did a code only saying Hello World? For one thing you don't understand how complicated strings are in programming, computers don't speak "strings" they speak 1's and 0's, another thing is how you ran it, you likely ran it on defaults and are crying about that? Tell Google to stop using Python, and Dropbox, Pinterest, Hulu, Netflix, Instagram, and whatever else you use that is likely powered by Python. It's good enough, I don't see you doing serious C++ work on here to be talking so highly. If you can't code a simple scripting language correctly don't tell me to shut up? You're using a $35 piece of crap to write code in and you're whining about Python based on that? Nobody is going to run a Habbo server on a Raspberry Pi, only to look like a Special person when it hits high enough load. This isn't your IoT community where you need to be closer to Assembly to do anything useful. Everyday people could care less about IoT anyway, right now it is mostly a hobbyist thing. I'd never want half of my house to be on the internet, it's like leaving all your doors to everything you own unlocked.

As Caustik said, we're not here to be Google scale, nor are we here to cater to $35 crappy SBC's or Microcontrollers? As for enterprise experience, Python is used in enterprise. Tell Reddit their Python doesn't scale sometime, or Hulu, or Netflix, then go look at Twitter and how Ruby is going for them, didn't last too long for them. Python gets the job done, and pays for my bills, so till it doesn't pay for my bills, Python is the best programming language in the world. Try making a GUI with Ruby or PhP or Perl, I'll have made one in Python by the time you figure out how to print "Hello World" on the screen, no pun intended.
No one (afaik) I haven't said anything about Python not being used in enterprise development. I was clarifying that when I discussed Python's speed in comparison to other languages I wasn't talking about your every day programming task I was talking on a much broader scale.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm actually regretting creating this in Python, it's a great language but I didn't realise until I was far into the project that I Ducking hate type inference. I'd rather have my objects easily identifiable, otherwise it causes problems for me, and it's the main reason why there's been some slow development.

I don't want to do this in Java either, because I'm fluent in it and I find it boring to redo something I've done a hundred times over before.

I'm considering doing it in C/C++ because it's such a beautiful language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back