Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did not play with LL for some time so excuse me if this is known fact by now but you can now export images from .nif files and save them as .dds or .tga

So download newest version (nifskope-1.1.3.36ebfdd-windows.exe) from:

and enjoy your textures!

I will give quick example.

Let's take "camp fire" model from LL:
\resource\Object\Collect\21370109.nif
and open it with newest nifskope.

Let's look for notes like:
NiNode> NiTriStrips> NiTexturingProperty> NiSourceTexture> campfire_region_rock03.nif
...there are more textures in this file. But this is only example so let's focus on one thing at time.

Now let's open "campfire_region_rock03.nif" as we know now it holds NiPixelData.

We will see single node "NiPixelData".

Let's click it with right mouse button, select "Texture> Export" and save it as .tga file (you need to write extension to save as .tga)

I recommend to save it with same name, in this case:
campfire_region_rock03.tga

OFC you can change .nif texture to .tga in .nif files so when you export those files to obj/3ds they going to use .tga files.

___EDIT___

Just confirmed that files exported to .obj (with .nif textures changed to .tga) and imported with 3ds 2010 (6/7 will not work) will be textured, not only with textures but also with materials:

IL0Jyiy - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

No, last time we where digging into these, NifSkope wouldn't "export" textures, only display them on screen. So we had to take a screenshot and then crop that and save it. Not ideal at all.

Thanks Vormav. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, I was unsure. Version 1.1.3 was released in 2013-01-10. So as you see some time passed since than.

BTW. This town look great when textured! I had too import it in 2 parts... believe it or not I ran out of RAM :D
It would be great replacement for ric & pillai. It's a little big but I could "nest" it in 2 parts. OFC lots of optimization would be req.
I see some big textures that PT will not load and I'm sure that in big place like this there is lot of vertices that will crash PT when player get too close. I think that PT struggle to calculate collision or height there (?) Resizing would fix it but that's not the real fix... this is not town of giants :D
When I find some more time I will take a deeper look... So many geometry to climb ;)

Anyone know the name of town?

Yeann8e - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

fxFHXWA - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Jrz0TG6 - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

PS. Town have closed all gates except one leading to port with ship.

Attachments

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
(really nice resolution on the viewports =D)

How many polys it has?
(you can see it pressing '7')

Would be good.. to compare with other maps, etc :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[MAP]
name=WindForest

@ And if you exclude all that heavy objects (like those rocks, trees, etc.) and leave only the same basic
Hence attach to one and use "Optimize" to reduce faces
About the textures could apply any just to test the 3D map ... And I believe it would also have to remove all bones, animations etc.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@ScreamingFox
Polys: 1 666 640
Verts: 1 713 866

Did not counted water that I just added but those are just few planes.

@bocadecao
Animation is removed during conversion to .obj.
I believe I found those few bitmaps that where crashing this town and fixed them.
"Optimize" is not something that can be lightly used or final effect will be like this:

bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

...besides there are better ways to reduce vertex count without creating "Jesus from Spain".

A lot of optimization need to be made in order to load this map into PT.
It's possible but at what cost =P I will try to fix few objects every day but I don't know how long it will take.

wcPiZjy - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

yzXtwf - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

yFZ6D3q - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I can't help to believe ((is that correctly phrased? =D)) that there is something wrong with this poly count... Just to look at the "transparency vegetation" and the "pan-sexual cherubs"(hope that fountain does not function the way i imagined heuhueuheuhue XDD), and all those hard edges it is very hard to believe in a 1.6kkPoly count to it..

This (yes it is good looking and etc..) does not look like one million polys at all man.. It is good looking, but 1kkPoly is much probably more than all the PT maps put together.. xd.. It is a rare polycount even for a much more modern game..

You can click and drag (on sub-object, element level) some parts of the map and see if they are duplicates... some people kind of try to "force texture splatting" by duplicating polys (like i did with the 'selective effect', but with gradients) with 'inter-cohesive' sub-materials...

Or probably all the Levels Of Detail are 'merged' to one another, etc.. It is a bizarre polycount, or the engine used, very excellent, imagine that you could use only medium/high definition models to the entire game, like a 60k poly Buddha statue on the middle of the map without any problem or concerns, etc... well etc, etc..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe Vormav is taking every part of the map and arranging for her work in PT
About having it all polys to be true, because if you see the rocks, the trees, among other things were made with maaany polys

@Vormav
How you managed to load the textures in this city? Here not appear in nifskope
And as they opened in 3d max? : s

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's early beta map. I believe it's massively non-optimal.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This just massive unoptimized map. Most likely this popped up directly from 3d artist and nobody optimized topology.
There is no LoD. No hidden geometry.

But one big town like this is not real problem for LL. It's not like everything will be rendered all the time. Even 1/4 will not be.

Statues are too dense and they crash PT right away so I left them for now. Rest is just a trick allowing me to use 2 maps capacity to create one big.

7aaVSj3 - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

lmflG6 - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

t5Ii8D4 - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Looking forward to play hide and seek in this town ;)

Attachments

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Aah, i remembered yet another reason for a strangely high poly count.. Some conversors kind of 're-quadify' the imported/exported mesh.. So some conversors will 'tesselate' the models...

One nice thing you could do would be to separate some nice models of it so we can use it on maps on the future.. I always save 'assets' stuff i use on maps.. got some 40 'assets', from stuff like trees or statues to stuff like portals, geysers, etc..

You can merge this to a part of your map (use 'merge' on max), so you can link it to the PT world XDD:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can I put the texture maps?
nifskope not appear even in the textures
and has set the patch of textures and nothing in nifskope

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Meaning with words has not your. Sentence rearrange when even you words in.

Speak English bocadecao! XD

Line by line:-
how can I put the texture maps?
Something is missing. Put texture map in where? From where? What are you trying to do?​
nifskope not appear even in the textures
You can't find an application in a picture? And you are surprised by this? I don't think you mean what you have said. You don't load programs from inside common data files unless they are archives or deliberate obfuscation. You CAN and WILL find the textures in nifskope if your file root is correct, and you'll find there path even if it's wrong.​
and has set the patch of textures and nothing in nifskope.
Ignoring common English rules that you avoid starting a sentence with the list concatenation "And", and that you never use it twice within the same list, what is a "patch of textures"? Sounds like a patch of mushrooms under a tree. XD Is "patch" a mis-spelling of "path"? If you don't know how to make two paths match I don't know what to suggest. That's just obvious.

If nothing is in nifskope, then you either put nothing in nifskope or you gave your car lemons to run on. (the data isn't a NetImmense / GameBryo NIF that it understands) All the Laxe NIFs are valid.​

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean you can load them in NifSkope but the Max import filter doesn't recognise them? That's normal, I think, you should be able to export them from NifSkope (according to Vormav) as a BMP or TGA that Max and PT can read.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But the way the Vormav I can export the texture of just one object.
If it is on the map is virtually impossible to catch every object and change to tga

Example this city, it is slow in nifskope worse to select each object and export

@ Another thing, how you managed to get the textures "ground.nif"?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Textures are in multiple files containing "NiPixelData". You can filter them... and I was lazy so instead of using source code to create app that will convert me all files to .tga I recorded action and BOT did everything. Rest is just taking file with mesh data and changing all ".nif" to ".tga".

ground.nif does not have any textures only materials and mesh. It's collision data.

Back