Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I actually did all that but I weas refering to one of the "news" messages I did a google translate on.It says u need to sign up with some website to get a beta invite from them.
That would be the definition of a "closed Beta", in normal terms then.
Other wise yeah the orginal method for the 1st beta was make an account, then make a subaccount for the game you want to play.Thats not working for me.(making the sub account, it says lord of the rings sewrver is not up in any region).
I got that during most of the times I was available to play before. Which is why I mentioned the low number of inconvenient hours the server was "on-line" if you don't live in a timezone similar to those in China.
If they did an ip-block u wouldnt be able to log in either,no?
Correct. The server simply will not respond to IPs outside the Chinese Geo-Location... then you'd have to work via a proxy in China, and that would be a very low speed connection. :(: And they could (gradually) block all proxy IPs too.
EDIT:Some other chinese site that I google translated says that you simply input your account password directly as it cannot be changed(remember how I said it nolonger lets me make a subaccount).I guess Iam just trying at the wrong time.
Could well be. I was for a long time, and thought I was doing something wrong.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Guys while u can log and play, can u record some of your playing connections plz?, so later we can manage to make some sandboxes for original LL & and this one ;)

Reaction score
I dunno if anyone has seen this, but looks very interesting, although appears to be PT2 like controls... Very WoW like

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They put a new client up for download and a new beta MIGHT be up for the 18th of this month.Just letting anyone know in case they still care.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Will do, new client is coming in at 4k a second, so it's going to take a day or two and I don't want to disturb that. XD

Reaction score
4kb... lol seriously? Do you have the link for the dl?
Well, beggars can't be choosers :p

Found this link:
But no download yet.

The are all the games they make/host

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums
Would I tell you lies? :lol: It's been going since last night.
Legend of the Ring On-Line is (I presume) still officially developed by Yetime who host it .

The actual download comes via one of a couple of gaming forum sites. The one I could connect to is . If anyone can get a better connection to them. [sarcasm]I only have 3Meg/sec cable connection... so 4k/sec is kinda pushing my luck.[/sarcasm] :lol: I guess they don't optimise their connections for Western European users. :wink:

Let's remember why Laxe (and it's offspring LROL) is important to PT people.
Count how many times you say to your self "Ooh! That looks just like PT!" :w00t:

This was after the first beta closed and the second beta opened after a fair period of inactivity. It's now starting to look more distinctively Laxe.

A Brazilian PServer for LaxeLore!? I wish someone would release this. They are closed now. :(:
English play test server... it's just a guy playing the game, but it's nice to see it in English and realise that it has been marketed outside East Asia. (Is it our DK :eek:)

LROL... which has nothing (now) to do with Yedang or PT1... O'Rly!? "is that a sparky in your invent or are you just pleased to PT me." :wink:

Now lets see PT people embracing LaxeLore in their game. Yes, fans and devs alike took this game to their hearts in a way most have not with 2nd Enigma.

MagicPT adding LaxeLore Knight Helm to PT1.

Another inventive dev has added LaxeLore style Hopies. :blink:

And of course, we have a combined effort release of all the LaxeLore weapons converted to PT1 format here on RaGEZONE. :w00t:

Also, you will see that many of the PT1 PServers use the classic Laxe cursors, without animations.

The black box cursor in all these captures didn't happen when I play tested. So I'm guessing that's a common mistake with Fraps. The cursor is a high colour animating Windows (hardware sprite) type .ani file. Which is pretty much what I intended to add to Butcherd client, and why I have stopped it disabling the Windows cursor. I can load .ani files and change the pointer at the right places, but I'm not 100% certain how it will work on *all* hardware, because of problems illustrated by the Fraps captures. I just know it has worked fine for me on all the cards I've had. :wink:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool. Getting v17173lronline113.rar from at 100kb/sec :D

Full download list here:

Hmm. Dunno if this is the installer or the game.
Looks like everything is locked in a 'HCP' file

Re-uploaded here:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last release the data was in 12 .PAK files SunnyZ. Not like the "raw" .nif assets in LaxeLore.

Yetime distribute both PT and LR in a Rar, with no installer. XD

Thanks bocadecao, and nice work BTW. I'd like more Laxe monsters in PT. Just coz they look cool, but still PT like. :D:

Reaction score
Anyone good at decoding file archives?

The first 99% of the file is jibberish, then the last 1% I'm guessing is a list of all the files in the archive.

Texture files as .dds

Item model files as .zum

NPC model files as .zua
Map files as .blb .blc .ble and .xml

Reaction score
Yeah dds files are easy to convert, hey are just the simple skin files, but I need access to them first. At the moment all the files are locked in a 767mb "game.hcp" file which I have no idea how to open or extract.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This game giving me error: Startup engine [Ui] failed.

Worst case scenario you can always rip files out of direct x if you can start game XD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't even download it. The best I've got so far is the first 66.7 meg before the connection was reset. Most of those links delete the file when the connection breaks, so I'm glad to have enough to read the directory structure. XD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's working! You need to use and set language to Chinese.

I still need to make acc.

Back