• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

League of Legends Closed Beta

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I played it.....

It's crap. It's just like every other DoTA. Some Champions are for too overpowered and you'll have to wait for balances every time you play. There's no difference from HoN except for a little bit worse graphics, a little more lag, +200% load wait time...basically worse.

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no difference from HoN except for a little bit worse graphics, a little more lag, +200% load wait time...basically worse.
Cool story bro :thumbup1:

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HoN is endorsed by icefrog who actually makes the DOTA maps.
HoN is definitely not endorsed by IceFrog. S2 just has his permission to make the game. In fact, IceFrog got a job at Valve making his own DotA clone.

Reaction score
what are you talking about Pendragon is the guy who does everything for Actual dota to keep it going and Guinsoo is the guy who created dota...... They are the main 2 people invovled in Lol

Every guy who is involved in Lol are massive parts of the dota community. Who help it Maintain so icefrog doesn't duck something up.
Icefrog is nothing but a decent map maker... Even the testers don't Icefrog.

HoN is sad excuse to make dota look better, and make "decent" players feel better. They even remake heros from dota, then end up being more broken in HoN.

I play Lol cause not only is it good game with the players experiences put in consideration when they do something. And not only my friends but the People who Maintain and keep dota going for the public. While icefrog sells a map he didn't create, and can't maintain.
1. "Does everything"? No, he just owns and operates the website. Nothing more.
2. Guinsoo is not involved in Dota at all anymore, what are you talking about?
3. "duck something up"? He is making the bloody maps, i don't play dota for the website or the forums, i play it for the map, and that is completely done by him.
4. Uhhh no, icefrog is not "selling" anything, i don't remember the last time i had to pay to get the latest map.
5. Icefrog does the maps for free, pendragon and the other website admins are the ones getting income from dota.

Get your facts right, i've been playing DOTA since before icefrog took over, and have spoken with him on many occasions.

HoN is definitely not endorsed by IceFrog. S2 just has his permission to make the game. In fact, IceFrog got a job at Valve making his own DotA clone.

Yes, it is... he did it in retaliation to pendragon creating LoL. I have played it and it was horrible, i choose HoN over LoL anyday.

Also stop making the comments about it being too much like dota. That is the whole reason me and my friends play it; because it is just like dota but with better graphics. Why doesn't LoL have the same similarities? Because icefrog is the one making the maps, they do not have the rights to use certain aspects of dota because it needs icefrogs consent.

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, listen. You cannot deny the fact that Heroes of Newerth is not being developed directly by anyone ever involved with DotA. Since all they did was basically port DotA to a new engine, I'm assuming they will just copy IceFrog's changelogs down to the last mechanic.

This is fine and dandy, but you have to look at it this way. IceFrog has been hired by Valve, and that means that he's not sitting on his butt all day in their offices. He's brewing something up. DotA patches will still be rolling out for S2 to tune up their game with, sure. But, for how long?

Meanwhile, we have League of Legends, a game developed by Guinsoo, the creator of DotA Allstars, not Pendragon mind you. Sure they can't use some ideas from the current DotA map, but why would they want to? Then they would be just another HoN. Guinsoo can use like 80% of DotA's ideas anyways since he's responsible for most of the heroes, items, etc. Instead, he took a step in a different direction with the game, and I like where he's walking with it. The concept of the game may be similar to DotA, but the game itself is unique in every way.

And one of the main reasons I'm on the LoL train is the fact that Zileas is on board. Zileas would be the man behind the balance tweaks in Warcraft 3 patches (or at least he used to be until he was hired by Riot). Also while he was under Blizzard, he created the talent trees for World of Warcraft, so the man knows what he's doing.

:8:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really like League of Legends, My brother was Beta tester... he gave me an invite.. still playing it !

IGN : Yapkea

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any1 gotten extra beta key?
i wana play this so badly >.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh thx alot.
btw, is this a b2p game after beta?

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Final stat reset; game is basically live.

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Game's been in Open Beta for a while now. Hurry up and join!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was in it for a little bit, I found it interesting and gripping but it wasn't very compelling. Gameplay was interesting and graphics were interesting. However, I wouldn't play it too much. Though it is in beta I found it a bit repetitive with the amount of maps and the certain way we had to play. It may need to have a bit more work, but that is what beta is for.

C

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bumping own thread. At the moment, I'm playing this game like there's no tomorrow. Hit me up on my ign: cokey

Back