• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Lets pay our dues to mental here.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Is this something thats leading to APRIL FIRST????!?!

Is this serious? If so, damn :S

edit: oh, its April first in England, hrmz...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll just wait till next week to reach my final verdict. If he's really dead, I pay my condolences.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
its so Ducking crap, he went through a massive stage of depression then started to get out of it, he started martial arts, was gonna represent wales fighting and had a great new band that even made it onto radio

wont be the same without him but i pledge in his memory that i will continue ragezone

I may have not been on ragezone for very long. But i can see how much it has effcted the Community

Any and all of Dans Friends and Family. Sorry For your losses. Sorry for how much pain you must be feeling right now. Keep in mind. Stay Strong, And Daniel, Rest in Peace, You wont Be Forgotten here at The Forums. Your Legacy will live long and forever, aslong as the forums stay up, even if the rage comes to and end, You Will Not Be Forgotten

exclmatio, You are by far the most Appreciated Mod on this Forum.

Keep the Rage Going. Rage on.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'll just wait till next week to reach my final verdict. If he's really dead, I pay my condolences.

As will I. Not to sound like an inconsiderate butt if this is real, but if its not this is most likely the worst and dumbest april fools joke you could do.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why the hell would they joke bout mental dieing >.>...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This has to be an early april fools joke. Right? My man dan isn't really dead right!?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why the hell would they joke bout mental dieing >.>...

Please show me a news article showing me he did...

I don't know them personally, so I can't say if they would joke about it or not - I am just reading this over the internet after all. I have seen it done before.

If he did, then I pay my respect, but if not this is just really bad joke.

Oh, and his(At least, the one he links / the band) myspace is not filled with condolences yet.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fake death jokes are common on the internet. So, don't think I'm a heartless bastard.

Reaction score
Knowing all their past April's Fools Jokes, i would be saying that this is one. Especially how the previous ones made people think that RZ had closed down, faking Dan's death would be great cos everybody would think that people won't joke about such a thing. But we all know how sick dan can be :p

Touche, the announcement almost had me till i saw the date ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GG man.
RIP and I will surely take a minute to remember MentaL

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Knowing all their past April's Fools Jokes, i would be saying that this is one. Especially how the previous ones made people think that RZ had closed down, faking Dan's death would be great cos everybody would think that people won't joke about such a thing. But we all know how sick dan can be :p

Touche, the announcement almost had me till i saw the date ^^

same here, and I was really shock then i remembered its apriil 1 =p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can say with almost 100% certainty he is not dead...

1) Exclamatio states he died in his sleep, from smoke fumes apparently...

2) This was posted at 8:21PM(EST) which would be 1:21AM where mental lives.

3) Mental has logged on to his My Space last at 3 - 31 -2008(time not given)

4) So you can infer that he was living last night...

5) This means he would have to fall asleep, die, someone find him, someone call exclamatio, and exclamatio post it on the ragezone.com all with in 4 hours. (Assuming he went to bed at 9pm)

So you can conclude this is just a horribly planned and executed April fools joke

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lore. Dan died from his amp blowing up.

That is not what the announcement said...

exclamatio said:
From what I know so far it was down to a fire started by one of his guitar amps, the smoke killed him in his sleep so I guess at least it was a painless death just pretty horrific :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like a strange coincidence that this info is being presented on April fools day.

Death is Inevitable.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol wasnt last years joke about ragezone shutting down or somthin cuz of the police? Next year, do the joke like a week before then reveal it on april 1st =D

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Seems like a strange coincidence that this info is being presented on April fools day.

Strange things happen Everyday. This one, wasnt just a "wtf" its a loss of a friend and family member, and one who wont be forgotten,

Rest in Peace Dan

Back