Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Levelling Up

Reaction score
I've been thinking about how people level up in Fiesta and how I could make it more interesting, unique and fun to a certain extent that anyone will want to play until max before they get bored. In almost every server all you do is grind and grind. In the official server all you do is questing and then grinding, just that grinding is faster on private servers due to the fact that exp rates are higher.

But once you reach max on either versions you will get bored and quit. So I don't want to have like 100x exp rates or something crazy. I want people to be able to level up steadily at a pace which will allow them to have fun but not get bored or max and then get bored.

I haven't come up with any interesting ideas yet that will make leveling up fun but if you guys have any suggestions then please go ahead and post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Normal server and a pvp server? PVP server has higher exp rate? If that's the case it's already been done and doesn't work very effectively if you don't have much people.

Reaction score
No.

We took the PvP KQ map, create 3 instances of that map (one for 100-119, 120-139, 140-150[not used yet]), and set it to PvP. We made a quest that required you to get 10 PvP Scroll Pages, and 1 War Crystal. We created a script that gave a random chance that when a player was PKed, they would drop one of the required items. The PvP Scroll Pages had a higher drop rate, and the War Crystal was rare. If you had a War Crystal in your inventory, and someone PKed you, you would drop yours automatically and they could pick it up. The quest was repeatable.

We later introduced "Perks" into the map. Random chests that spawn with random items that made PvP more interesting; like Speed/Def/Dmg/Aim/Eva boosts.

Reaction score
No.

We took the PvP KQ map, create 3 instances of that map (one for 100-119, 120-139, 140-150[not used yet]), and set it to PvP. We made a quest that required you to get 10 PvP Scroll Pages, and 1 War Crystal. We created a script that gave a random chance that when a player was PKed, they would drop one of the required items. The PvP Scroll Pages had a higher drop rate, and the War Crystal was rare. If you had a War Crystal in your inventory, and someone PKed you, you would drop yours automatically and they could pick it up. The quest was repeatable.

We later introduced "Perks" into the map. Random chests that spawn with random items that made PvP more interesting; like Speed/Def/Dmg/Aim/Eva boosts.

Oh yeah those quests. They were really fun!

Reaction score
This sounds good for higher levels but it would be a problem for those who team and for those people who have max gear. And the only difficulty that I see is the scripts which could be recreated easily by someone who knew what they were doing and there are a few people that come to mind when I think about creating scripts. If someone knowledgeable wanted to do it they probably could. But I am wondering how it worked out on terra. Was it good and did the players like it? If it's worth it I may give it a shot, though I doubt I can do it.

Reaction score
This sounds good for higher levels but it would be a problem for those who team and for those people who have max gear. And the only difficulty that I see is the scripts which could be recreated easily by someone who knew what they were doing and there are a few people that come to mind when I think about creating scripts. If someone knowledgeable wanted to do it they probably could. But I am wondering how it worked out on terra. Was it good and did the players like it? If it's worth it I may give it a shot, though I doubt I can do it.

As we were doing in Lorein, people usually just want to get the lower levels 1 - 80 out of the way nice a quickly. I believe in Terra that 1 - 80 could be done quite easily, but it did take a little time. Not a huge amount but long enough not to get majorly bored - usually some would get power levelled to 80 - 90 (depending on what they wanted).

Reaction score
I am continuing Lorein and I agree that people like to get the lower levels out of the way. It doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But the problem is balancing issues. Is it too fast? Is it too slow? And everyone prefers something different. You have to find the gap in between the line which everyone likes.

Reaction score
I am continuing Lorein and I agree that people like to get the lower levels out of the way. It doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But the problem is balancing issues. Is it too fast? Is it too slow? And everyone prefers something different. You have to find the gap in between the line which everyone likes.

If you choose a new name then fine. No problem with that - But yes, everyone prefers different things. Maybe when you get the server up/get a base (forums/website) you can always ask and come to compromise against both of them (maybe meet half way).

Always could make a two level system, those who like to take a long way to level go through gate A and those who like quick leveling go through gate B

Reaction score
This sounds good for higher levels
That's why it started at level 100.

it would be a problem for those who team and for those people who have max gear.
Same goes for all PvP, and that's how the game is supposed to work. If you have "max gear", then you should be the best. That is the entire point of even having different gear and random stats and random drops.

It's also the same for every other leveling option. If there are 2 lvl 91 fighters doing the same quest, one has white gear and a white weapon all +0; the other has all white gear +0 and a HG Axe +9/10, Obviously fighter B would finish it faster aka level faster.

And the only difficulty that I see is the scripts which could be recreated easily by someone who knew what they were doing and there are a few people that come to mind when I think about creating scripts. If someone knowledgeable wanted to do it they probably could. But I am wondering how it worked out on terra. Was it good and did the players like it? If it's worth it I may give it a shot, though I doubt I can do it.

"Couldn't" is past tense. As in, when we first released it, none of the competing servers could create it. I released the script on here somewhere anyways.

Reaction score
Oh okay. You make a valid point. And thanks. ;) I will look for that script. :p Unless you want to link me :D

EDIT: You never released it but it was fun looking through 20 pages of your posts. And 15 pages of search results. What was the script called? ConditionOfHero?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I neva tested it. but hte idea sound good to me.

that would be glad if someone still had it ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i don't think we could add this to odin considering that any new stuff gamigo "release" seems to use knockback, does it ?

Back