• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Living Insomnia

Reaction score
This was done for an on-going competition at another forum last week... what do you guys think of it?

Title: Living Insomnia
Secondary Title: Judgement Day

This picture was originally a stock of an old angel sitting by a tomb. I edited it, made it sorta collage-ish, did some editing, blah blah.

Anyway, onto the explaining.

This picture depicts a stone angel (the murderer) with a sword cut out laying within her hands, who is awaiting Judgement Day without any resentment about the murder she's convicted of. She thinks she's done it for a damn good reason, as you see in the picture. The black strip across her eyes give another perspective - one that depicts her as an illogical murderer; one that is mentally insane.

The raven perched up on her left shoulder was the only witness to the crime.
The candles signify the lives she saved, or so she thinks; same with some of the eyes you see in the pictuere EXCEPT the one under the sword to the right of the image. This eye is the eye of the victim; the one who caused her to murder him. The reason why the murder occurred, I'll let it be wrapped in a cup of mystery wink.gif.

The flame is there to show her 'soul', one that's shrouded in darkness; you may take this representation in whatever manner you wish.

The window with the rising hands to the bottom left suggest she really wishes for redemption. But she clings on to her strong belief that her motives/actions were clearly for the good of the people and her.

The Bible to the top right corner brings us to the conclusion that she is religious, as so does the cross behind the text 'SERVED'.

So how does 'Death is final, there is no going back' come into play?

If you think she's really asking for redemption deep inside, one might suggest that she actually does resent the murder. Thus, wishing she could go back in time and prevent herself from committing such an act, and to ask God for salvation.

I guess this piece was more of a mental struggle within her mind; what is true and what isn't is to be left up to you =)

Psypher - Living Insomnia - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT: Thanks to iod for pointing me to the right place for stocks in the Resources thread - SXC :)

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks to much like layers, make it more natural; font and some of the backround. The angel sculptures' head to the upper right looks un-realistic, as does the middle left. For the font, try blending the sword, "was served," and "I saved others." This will help convery a more profesional piece; the advertisement will be whole and "eye candy." However, I would still consider this as just a practice piece, but does show quite a bit of potential. However, I still am not a big fan of "dark art."
*notice; I do NOT give this kind of critism unless I think the piece is worth more than your average poop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
youth said:
Looks to much like layers, make it more natural; font and some of the backround. The angel sculptures' head to the upper right looks un-realistic, as does the middle left. For the font, try blending the sword, "was served," and "I saved others." This will help convery a more profesional piece; the advertisement will be whole and "eye candy." However, I would still consider this as just a practice piece, but does show quite a bit of potential. However, I still am not a big fan of "dark art."
*notice; I do NOT give this kind of critism unless I think the piece is worth more than your average poop.

Thanks for the critique/suggestions.

I appreciate it greatly!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
excellent piece of work Psypher

wen ever i see ur name as a topic starter i just know wht you have done will be amazing just like this!

respect man! :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats simply amazing O_O

it all impresses me exept for the head, it sticks out.. its way brighter then the rest looks fake and the rest is just too awesome :)

keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great work man just amazing.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Another awesome work by Psypher.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the composition on this peice is amazing, you've placed it so well, everything seems to blend well, yet seem seperate, and the contrasting fonts really kick off the style.

My only critique would be to maybe create a more obvious focal point, my eyes where all over the place looking for one.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, I like that one, I could never expect to see something like this here. It still needs work on some parts (some of them look too fake and unnatural) and I don't like some of the fonts (the text on the sword seems kinda out of place to me) you used. Other than that, great composition, great job.

Reaction score
Job well done!!!:D: The work was amazingly beautiful.... Am really impressed about the picture you have posted... Keep up the good work!!

Need , , ?

Last edited:
Back