Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for help with VPS setup.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to host a 4Story server for me and my friend only. I'm having trouble with finding good source and game files, and also, I find it confusing how to set the game on a VPS (which I already have purchased on zap-hosting). I do not care about the patch of the game, as long as it works, it is fine. Should I set up the VPS same way as I do with localhost, or is it working differently? How do I make my PC connect to the database from the VPS after everything have been set up?

Anyone willing to help with that? It doesn't need to be free. All I want is for you to either explain or make my server running, nothing else.

Leave your discord, I will invite you to chat.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to host a 4Story server for me and my friend only. I'm having trouble with finding good source and game files, and also, I find it confusing how to set the game on a VPS (which I already have purchased on zap-hosting). I do not care about the patch of the game, as long as it works, it is fine. Should I set up the VPS same way as I do with localhost, or is it working differently? How do I make my PC connect to the database from the VPS after everything have been set up?

Anyone willing to help with that? It doesn't need to be free. All I want is for you to either explain or make my server running, nothing else.

Leave your discord, I will invite you to chat.
Hey, there has been a MEGA link posted on this forum that contains everything needed for a server. It has both oldschool/newschool sources and client files, try looking for that one.
As for the setup, it's the same as localhost with the exception of using the vps IP address and you will also have to allow incoming connections with ports used by services in firewall.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, there has been a MEGA link posted on this forum that contains everything needed for a server. It has both oldschool/newschool sources and client files, try looking for that one.
As for the setup, it's the same as localhost with the exception of using the vps IP address and you will also have to allow incoming connections with ports used by services in firewall.
Cheers! I think I found the link yesterday. Is it perhaps this?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank for the help. I found one person who explained to me completely, so happy about that!

Upvote 0
Back