Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for Sources TERA: Fate of Arun Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Developer trying to recreate my enjoyment of Tera 2014 experience. Not sure exactly what client version that expansion was based on. I used to collect and reverse this game but lost everything in 2015. Seen the top private servers that are currently out there but they are all based on a more recent version before the game shutdown and to me that didn't feel like the original TERA experience that I remember. Are there any open sources out there that are based on an English 2014 version? Does anyone have a point of reference to start from?

So, looking into the releases and development here it looks like there is only 92, 93, 100 server development. Earlier versions look to be all local emulators.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On RZ you can get 92.xx and 100.xx versions which are official builds leaked from TW version. From what I read TW closed sometime after v100 (~near v102 or v103) so maybe there might be more builds waiting to go public.

From the current running pServers most of them switched to v100 (cause it's x64 build and overall gives better FPS client side?) Thought content wise v92 gives the possibility to make some very old instances work and base content wise v92 and v100 I think aren't that different. By base I mean content working out of the box. One pServer managed to port some stuff from v115 (so the last retail version available) but it's mostly cosmetics and the Baldera region, not actual instances, character skills, bosses and so.

That's all when it comes to public shared version.

Aside from that you have TERA Shock emulator which development kind of stopped/died when TERA went F2P and probs the devs decided that "no point, the game is free now". That's probably your best point to start if you want to work on something older (some users here posted that they worked/are working on Shock in their free time slowly making something so maybe it would be possible to combine the knowledge/effort to have something working with for example builds from 2013-2014 era/pre65 level content).

And as last you have 2 pServers - Akeron and TERA CZ which run from russian leaked PTS files. Akeron is exactly the version you search for - Fate of Arun patch, while TERA CZ is one content patch higher (Gunner update). I can't tell you exact numbers as I don't remember and don't really want to download the clients just to check that (I had them but deleted it).

But those version aren't available for public, people tried to buy the TERA CZ version but the owner wasn't interested in that (and last year he even wanted to close the server but didn't do that only because right after he announced CZ closure BHS and GF announced retail version closure and CZ owner got "convinced" to not close it). Dunno about Akeron (if they would be willing to sell the build) but from what I read it seems they have also other patches that were in Russia when Destiny Games (not 100% on the name) was the publisher there (before GF took over) so there might be a possibilty that they will also update their server to Gunner update (VM5), Brawler (VM6), <other newer patches before GF took over> and then maybe they will publish/sell older builds they don't use.

Plus from what argeus99 posted here there are some other builds running around but those are missing some files / not fully functional / etc. so these require additional work on them.

So TL;DR - aside from Shock emulator (which has very limited functionality) and v92/v100 currently there are no other pubic available versions of TERA to work on/create server from.

Reaction score
Versions from 29.04 exist (Version which Akeron used when they begin), but i don't think that Akeron will sell or release the server versions that they leave as used since it will create undesired competence.

Anyways, as far as i know, many people already leaved the server because there is still no proxy (i'm kinda sad for this point (personally speaking), is incredible that the people convert the proxy as a must instead of enjoy the game as is. I've been playing tera since 19.04 "Argon Queen" patch and i love the difficulty, the slowness, every single aspect of the game, but now there's people using mods where they get notified about mechanics, danger zones and so on, they definitely ruined the game)...although they said that it's an international server is obviously that they are more focused to the Russian ppl since they are their main income.

Now, about CZ, they have somehow an unique leak that they refuse to sell, i heard bad things about it but it's not my concern, so we have to leave as is.

Eventually those versions will get leaked, but it will take time.

PD: To my beloved friend, please release 29.04

1692728982266 - Looking for Sources TERA: Fate of Arun Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server Source:
(from here: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/tera-server-1725-emu-source-code-version.984682/ )
(from here: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/tera-server-1725-emu-compiled-version.984292/ )

Client:
(from here: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/tera-server-1725-emu-compiled-version.984292/page-9#post-8919252 )

maybe that can help you o/
Anyone tried this server? Is it mostly functional? I, too, would like an experience closer to the launch version. Tera Shock emulator was pretty fun for a while but very incomplete.

Reaction score
Anyone tried this server? Is it mostly functional? I, too, would like an experience closer to the launch version. Tera Shock emulator was pretty fun for a while but very incomplete.

Tried for a while but it has a considerable delay between attacks and skills.

Both of the emulator files has that issue.

I wonder if there's any "stable" emulator aside tera's shock one, but i don't think so.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried for a while but it has a considerable delay between attacks and skills.

Both of the emulator files has that issue.

I wonder if there's any "stable" emulator aside tera's shock one, but i don't think so.
Oh, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Versions from 29.04 exist (Version which Akeron used when they begin), but i don't think that Akeron will sell or release the server versions that they leave as used since it will create undesired competence.

Anyways, as far as i know, many people already leaved the server because there is still no proxy (i'm kinda sad for this point (personally speaking), is incredible that the people convert the proxy as a must instead of enjoy the game as is. I've been playing tera since 19.04 "Argon Queen" patch and i love the difficulty, the slowness, every single aspect of the game, but now there's people using mods where they get notified about mechanics, danger zones and so on, they definitely ruined the game)...although they said that it's an international server is obviously that they are more focused to the Russian ppl since they are their main income.

Now, about CZ, they have somehow an unique leak that they refuse to sell, i heard bad things about it but it's not my concern, so we have to leave as is.

Eventually those versions will get leaked, but it will take time.

PD: To my beloved friend, please release 29.04
Yep, Akeron leak is also unique, is Fate of Arun plus some nice additions like Blast from the Past, is a very enjoyable version, but the staff is 100% russian, and the english version have some issues like the trading post filter working only with russian words and parts of the game are untranslated.

Still is the best "CLASSIC" Tera you can found now, but of course the best one was pre-reaper, where the game was slow, difficult with less gear grind, skills and buttons to smash. These were the golden days of Tera, when the game was pratically P2P.

Still, i'm waiting in a miracle and someone is able to bring back to life the true vanilla Tera with IoD 1.0.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Found a new server on FoA called NovaVerso in Brazil for SA/NA, so Akeron isn't the only one with the v29 server files.

Edit: Seems the server is run by same person as Akeron, discord owner is same person.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a new server on FoA called NovaVerso in Brazil for SA/NA, so Akeron isn't the only one with the v29 server files.

Edit: Seems the server is run by same person as Akeron, discord owner is same person.

yeah, is the same owner.

But don't worry, we will get that patch most likely soon around here ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah, is the same owner.

But don't worry, we will get that patch most likely soon around here ;)
Tried it, actually is in OB, but the delay is not good from Europe, about 237 ms. The good thing is that the bugs that are still in Akeron are fixed here since is BR and ENG language, the trading post filter work and 95% of the game is translated (some words ar still in russian).

But in the end i noticed that Akeron added the gunner too like CZ, somy guess is that even this version will follow the other two since Akeron and Nova are managed by the same owner. Heck, i hate the reaper patch, going further is a step close to new Tera.

Don't get me wrong, this is the oldest and best Tera, but my dream is to play again the same Tera as Us/Eu launch with IoD 1.0. The baseline should be this, less skills, less gear to farm, more difficult open world content, more open world pvp and so on.

Back