• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Main.exe Stopped Working

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys Im having a problem on my GC Files.. Main.exe stopped working whenever i try to open start.bat and i dont really know if theres an error or something but on my CenterServer.exe i've been getting a message like "D:\Dev\KncGC\Common\Socket\IOThread.ccp.68" thing and it floods the Cmd of Centerserver.exe.

Btw, can i use the 127.0.0.1 IP as my Temporary IP? Coz im still working on the files and i think putting MY IP is really confusing coz im using a wireless router.

And btw, im using this SEA Open Beta Client.. Can i use Ntreev's Latest Client? The Chaos One?

And about the Gameguard, is it fine to update? coz it automatically updates and i wonder if theres something bad about it.

And... I dont know if im at the wrong section. Sorry :D i have no idea where to post this

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys Im having a problem on my GC Files.. Main.exe stopped working whenever i try to open start.bat and i dont really know if theres an error or something but on my CenterServer.exe i've been getting a message like "D:\Dev\KncGC\Common\Socket\IOThread.ccp.68" thing and it floods the Cmd of Centerserver.exe.

Btw, can i use the 127.0.0.1 IP as my Temporary IP? Coz im still working on the files and i think putting MY IP is really confusing coz im using a wireless router.

And btw, im using this SEA Open Beta Client.. Can i use Ntreev's Latest Client? The Chaos One?

And about the Gameguard, is it fine to update? coz it automatically updates and i wonder if theres something bad about it.

And... I dont know if im at the wrong section. Sorry :D i have no idea where to post this

Since you have a few questions, I'll put the answers in numbers. I have been a developer for Cortexus GC last year (until as they say "a fat man, threw us out"), but I still work with the game, with the same people.

Anywho..

1, Hm.. I don't think SEA clients will work, you can find links in the stickied tutorial in the GC tutorial section, where a few clients have been posted.

If you want to hunt your own, you need a Grand Chase BR Season 1 client.

With a little searching, you can translate most the game, but I won't lie making an English client yourself from a BR one, does take quite sometime.

The CMDs should never flood, you know if they are working by a message that appears in them. It's been so long since I've worked with the CMDs I can't remember the message.. But I do remember it says as part of the message, "Press CTRL + Z to close" or something along those lines.

You may want to check the layout of your ODBC files and make sure they are nice and neat.

2. You can use 127.0.0.1, but make sure you input this in every instance that requires you to input/change an IP. If you are using a wireless router, then you may want to use a service like Hamachi, EasyVPN, etc. (Any VPN client service.) If you wish for others to access your server.

3. As I said above, the only client you can use is Season 1 BR, you can use some of the string files from the SEA client to help speed up the process of translating the game though.

You can't use Season 2, Season 3, etc. Client, only Season 1 BR clients. When a game upgrades to the next season a lot is changed on how the game and the server communicate, and how in general most things are handled between the two. Which is why they don't work.

4. Ya kinda right here.. Like 50/50, mainly because it is fine for it to update BUT only to a certain version. The best way to make this is right is download a GG files folder from somewhere around here, or take it from a provided client and put the GG address in your Hosts file. If you've updated it during your attempts, then you will need a fresh copy that has not been updated.

5. This was the right place to post it.

I do apologize I didn't link you to anything but most things can be found on this forum, and if the links for the resources aren't working, then some smart searching with google will get you the stuff you need.

Back