Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making Inventory Images (X-tra easy)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I taught some friends about it, it is really easy and when you make the items you will probably do this without even noticing XDD..

-You got the model, with the texture already placed.. Rotate the viewport to an angle that looks cool or alright to inv.img.. (xd...)
ScreamingFox - Making Inventory Images (X-tra easy) - RaGEZONE Forums

Zoom a bit away, so when you render it, it looks kind of small already, because if you scale it down too dramatically on Photoshop, it would look kind of crappy..

Render it (Shift+Q) and take a 'PrintScreen' (printscreen or crtl+printscreen):

(if your background is not completely black, press '8', and change it to completely black)

Make a new image on photoshop or Gimp, and press ctrl+V..

Select the item with a good space of blackness around..

(maybe i did it twice, to make this 'tut' huhuhuh XD)

And then you open an inventory image of the kind of item you are making yourself one (i hope it is correctly phrased XD)..

(or of course, if you know the dimensions, you can create a new image too)

Scale a bit down for just the rendered model to fit (this blackness around prevents a "transparent box" so you would not need to go back to the Photoshop to give blackness around the model...)

Example:

This blackness is transparent on the game, of course you will need to test it just a bit but it is real simple.. On the case of the Laxe Lore Weapons (SunnyZ+Kenni) it is very easy since they came with MAX files..

So, if you would make more than 1 inventory image of a kind (8 1 handed axes for an example) it is just to not close the first inventory image, and go opening the MAX files and rendering and putting on the same spot, and save as BMP (BMP do not save the other layers)... so you can make a lot of good inventory images real fast..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOL i dont get it :/
how did u add the collors of the wapon in 3dsMAX
i only get a gray thing :O

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
You do not need to see the texture on the item, since when you render it will get the texture, but if you want to see the texture when you are modeling, press 'M' (to go to the material editor), and click on the white-and-blue cube (to see the material on viewport)..

This is probably the gray thing..

And this is when the material is visible on viewport..

But you do not necessary need to see the texture on the object (if it is a more complex scene (on cases other than making a single item for game (meaning with a economic poly count) it can get laggy), since when you render it, it will have the material..

Seeing the material on viewport is just to get a 'preview'.. and it is good when you are giving a 'final touch' on a model...

@edit: But obviously you will render, not take the screenshot of the viewport, so, take the screenshot of the render, so you wont have to save the render you get it..

Back