Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos Mangos: Server only works at 127.0.0.1 (not a port issue)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up Mangos server to play with friends through the internet. If I use 127.0.0.1, I can connect just fine. However, once I use my external IP for the realmlist.wtf and realmd database realmlist table, I cannot connect and neither can anyone else.

Port scans show that 8085 and 3724 are open, but there is no service at those ports. I've looked everywhere and tried many guides but haven't been able to resolve the problem. Would anyone happen to know how to fix this issue?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Never mind, I figured it out... the configuration I downloaded had BindIP set to 127.0.0.1. I noticed a lot of people were using 0.0.0.0, so I tried that and it worked. What a waste of several hours of time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont change the IP to your public on the realm table in SQL. Keep that as your local ip. From there, keep all other settings the same (realmd.conf, etc). The problem is usually caused by your router not allowing a "local loopback", and will consequently block the connection. If that doesn't work, make sure your internet is "bridged", which is controlled by your isp. Meaning you have full access to the internet with in/out unrestricted.

Back