• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

WZ Map.wz Back Types

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've searched around a bit, but I still can't figure out what type does what.

For example Sleepywood has:
Code:
<string name="bS" value="darkWood"/>
<int name="no" value="0"/>
<int name="x" value="0"/>

<int name="y" value="0"/>
<int name="rx" value="-5"/>

<int name="ry" value="-5"/>
<int name="type" value="3"/>

<int name="cx" value="0"/>
<int name="cy" value="0"/>

<int name="a" value="255"/>
<int name="front" value="0"/>

<int name="ani" value="0"/>
<int name="f" value="0"/>

Now I'm assuming type 3 means horizontal and vertical tiling, but again I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if anyone has a reference of all the different back types and what they do? Or maybe you just happen to know off that top of your head idk. Any help is appreciated.

I've found this which explains a bit (Render types for tiling, scrolling, etc) but ultimately doesn't help:

Someone linked this in a Ragezone thread asking the same thing, but it's completely useless:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've searched around a bit, but I still can't figure out what type does what.

For example Sleepywood has:
Code:
<string name="bS" value="darkWood"/>
<int name="no" value="0"/>
<int name="x" value="0"/>

<int name="y" value="0"/>
<int name="rx" value="-5"/>

<int name="ry" value="-5"/>
<int name="type" value="3"/>

<int name="cx" value="0"/>
<int name="cy" value="0"/>

<int name="a" value="255"/>
<int name="front" value="0"/>

<int name="ani" value="0"/>
<int name="f" value="0"/>

Now I'm assuming type 3 means horizontal and vertical tiling, but again I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if anyone has a reference of all the different back types and what they do? Or maybe you just happen to know off that top of your head idk. Any help is appreciated.

I've found this which explains a bit (Render types for tiling, scrolling, etc) but ultimately doesn't help:

Someone linked this in a Ragezone thread asking the same thing, but it's completely useless:

You are correct.
Type refers to it's pattern.
Whether or not it's a stationary image, or if it repeats itself horizontally/vertically, whether or not it moves horizontally/vertically, etc.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong:
0 - Simple image (eg. the hill with the tree in the background of Henesys)
1 - Image is copied horizontally (eg. the sea in Lith Harbor)
2 - Image is copied vertically (eg. trees in maps near Ellinia)
3 - Image is copied in both directions (eg. the background sky color square in many maps)
4 - Image scrolls and is copied horizontally (eg. clouds)
5 - Image scrolls and is copied vertically (eg. background in the Helios Tower elevator)
6 - Image scrolls horizontally, and is copied in both directions (eg. the train in Kerning City subway JQ)
7 - Image scrolls vertically, and is copied in both directions (eg. rain drops in Ellin PQ maps)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can apply this information to fix NIGHT not hiding the hills in cosmic83?

Also the nightmode goes away once change map

Upvote 0
Back