Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Maple v83 for Mac?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simple question, how does it work? ^title
Is it possible?

Reaction score
A guy named colemancda released a port for a certain server back in the day. The server was running v.62, however, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do the same for v.83. There isn't much difference compatibility wise. He was from the website . I think you should look around there for tutorials on how to do it or ask around, maybe someone will be generous enough to help you.

Or, as sunnyboy said - you could always use a virtual machine.

Good luck!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try running v83 on a PowerPC G5 with Mac 10.5.8! PowerPC was the last non-intel based computer Apple made. They're going as cheap as $20.00 USD on ebay, which is what I paid for mine. Games like Starwars:KoTor, Halo PC, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, and more, have all been ported over to this AMAZING computer. VirtualPC can run WinXP, but it's too slow. I found a video where someone ran v83 on Windows 2000, which is my next goal with VirtualPC. I've been able to get the localhost to start using Wine, but the dll errors I cannot troubleshoot. PPC lives on though!

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you manage to get it to work? I have the same problem too, i need help with it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I contacted Alsey Coleman about a year ago asking for some advice on this and he said the following:

I don’t think its possible. It took me 4 months to get v62 working with Wine, and I tried to port other versions. Some of the needed dependencies I remember (this was back in early 2012) couldn’t be imported into Wine that later versions required. I have a full time job as an iOS developer now and unfortunately trying to port the client again would require a huge amount of work (an entire summer back when I was in High School). I wish you the best and please keep me posted if you do successfully port it.

Needless to say we have tried quite hard to get one working, and we did make some progress, however it seems like some complex Direct X debugging is required to get it in a working state. We haven't yet put more effort into it yet, but will get back to it in the near future.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So in a simple meaning, its not impossible but its not possible.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
let me quote our good ol friend diamondz52
nothing is improssibru

True, thats why i said its NOT "IMPOSSIBRU" but its also not possible.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I asked alot of people, they said its so hard and no one knows how.

Back