• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

MapleArchive Drop Data Fetcher

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Hey there!

So not too long ago Simon/SuperLol released their Hidden-Street drop obtainer script. It's a great release and I'm glad he released it.
However, Hidden-Street is outdated since... well, pretty much ever, so it's not a good idea to get the drops from there. I decided to make a modified version of the script that works with MapleArchive ( ) instead. MapleArchive is usually up-to-date, and it's also easier to work with (it gives the IDs, not only the names! :laugh:)
I also added some output text to show the progress. I find it useful, so yeah.

Here it is:

DropFetcher.java - Missing drop sections FIXED!

DropEntry.java

I know some of you may think this is written very bad, but it works so who cares?

How to use this:
  1. Create a new package under the "tools" package in your source and name it "dropfetcher".
  2. Put the above files there.
  3. Compile.
  4. Run the DropFetcher class. If you have no idea how, create a new batch file in your main directory and paste this inside:

PHP:
@echo off
@title MapleArchive Drop Fetcher

set CLASSPATH=.;dist\*
java -Dnet.sf.odinms.wzpath=wz\ tools.dropfetcher.DropFetcher
pause
Then run it.

That's it!

If you're too lazy to run the tool and just want the v120 drops, here's the one I made:
- FIXED

Credits:
Most of the credits go to Simon/SuperLol, the original writers. I just modified it to work with MapleArchive.

Thanks for reading. I hope you'll find some good use in this.
~Sonic

Last edited:
Have Fun!
Reaction score
Are the drop chances GMS Like?
Not really. MapleArchive doesn't hold the drop chances, and I have no idea where to get the GMS chances from, so they're estimated with what Simon/SuperLol did.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really. MapleArchive doesn't hold the drop chances, and I have no idea where to get the GMS chances from, so they're estimated with what Simon/SuperLol did.

Yeah, that's what we had to do when we made ours a couple months ago. ¬¬

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't know but why the hidden-street's drop is more than maplearchieve?
Hidden-street one got 33744 lines while MapleArchieve only got less than 25k.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't know but why the hidden-street's drop is more than maplearchieve?
Hidden-street one got 33744 lines while MapleArchieve only got less than 25k.
That doesn't say whether it's more accurate or not. Most names on hidden-street are lame, so sometimes two items are found. ID > name

Have Fun!
Reaction score
That doesn't say whether it's more accurate or not. Most names on hidden-street are lame, so sometimes two items are found. ID > name
Yup. Many items in MapleStory share the same name. Hidden-Street uses names instead of IDs, so when you fetch the drops from it you can get a few IDs for a name.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Whoops! Seems like I missed quite a few item drop sections that Maple Archive has (Skill books, Mastery books, Throwing stars etc.). Thanks to edwinkbs for showing me that.
I fixed the code - you might wanna get a new SQL file now.
Sorry for that. :p

Reaction score
This is a great release! Many things on basil/ hidden have not been updated for centuries. I think you can find the drop chances from the wz files (I am not sure, but I do notice that feil from southperry is able to get the drop chances last time I checked).

Have Fun!
Reaction score
This is a great release! Many things on basil/ hidden have not been updated for centuries. I think you can find the drop chances from the wz files (I am not sure, but I do notice that feil from southperry is able to get the drop chances last time I checked).
Glad you like it. :)

As for the drop chances, I'm pretty sure they no longer exist in the WZ files. I'll look into this feil guy, though.

By the way, I uploaded a new dump for you. God knows why, but it's even smaller now... O_O

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
Bosses like Hilla are missing drops, and there are no canes D: add it please.

warp(california, "home");
Reaction score
A lot of monsters have 1-15 entries of the same item id.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Bosses like Hilla are missing drops, and there are no canes D: add it please.
Hilla's drops are missing from MapleArchive itself as far as I can see. As for the canes, they should be included in the equipment section. Should.
This isn't for v83s right?
I bet many drops have changed during the big-bang, so that post-bb drops won't fit the pre-bb well. But I'm pretty sure v83 sources have their drop data anyway!
A lot of monsters have 1-15 entries of the same item id.
Can you give me an example? It'll be easier for me to look into it. Thanks!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hilla's drops are missing from MapleArchive itself as far as I can see. As for the canes, they should be included in the equipment section. Should.

I bet many drops have changed during the big-bang, so that post-bb drops won't fit the pre-bb well. But I'm pretty sure v83 sources have their drop data anyway!

Example orange mush have like 1-15 orange mush caps

warp(california, "home");
Reaction score

Most/All showa mobs drop the same equip multiple times ex: 20 Red Maro drops from one of the Leader's.

Back