• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Maplestory Beta Installer (April 15, 2005)

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
I'm like so sorry for bumping this..

But does anyone know about a v40 Beta server? I saw one a few weeks ago, now it dissapeared.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a v40 source, it would be awesome. I don't know enough about getting packets from the client to make one myself.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those who want to make a v40b source..

<< Packet Encryption in C# - Full Credits to Diamondo25
<< AES encryption in C# (useless) - Full Credits to Diamondo25

Handshake/GetHello packet - Full credits to Diamondo25
Code:
public static byte[] Sendhandshake()
        {
            PacketWriter pk = new PacketWriter();
            pk.WriteShort(0xE);
            pk.WriteShort(40);
            pk.WriteShort(1); // ??
            pk.WriteByte(0); // ??
            pk.WriteBytes(new byte[] { 0, 0, 0, 0 }); // recv
            pk.WriteBytes(new byte[] { 0, 0, 0, 0 }); // send
            pk.WriteByte(5);
            return pk.ToArray();
        }

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Back to basics, before Wizet was kicked and pin crackers was where it's at.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
For those who want to make a v40b source..

<< Packet Encryption in C# - Full Credits to Diamondo25
<< AES encryption in C# (useless) - Full Credits to Diamondo25

Handshake/GetHello packet - Full credits to Diamondo25
Code:
public static byte[] Sendhandshake()
        {
            PacketWriter pk = new PacketWriter();
            pk.WriteShort(0xE);
            pk.WriteShort(40);
            pk.WriteShort(1); // ??
            pk.WriteByte(0); // ??
            pk.WriteBytes(new byte[] { 0, 0, 0, 0 }); // recv
            pk.WriteBytes(new byte[] { 0, 0, 0, 0 }); // send
            pk.WriteByte(5);
            return pk.ToArray();
        }

Awesome! Thanks :)

Reaction score
Is the WvsBeta repack disfunctional on purpose? So many things don't work, I think the owner messed with it before he released it as a noob test :/ Unless it never worked in the first place...

1. WvsBeta is not a re-pack, it is a source.
2. It is not disfunctional on purpose.
3. Diamondo25 did not mess with it to prevent noobs from leeching.
4. A decent amount of features work on that source, it's really not that horrible.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
1. WvsBeta is not a re-pack, it is a source.
2. It is not disfunctional on purpose.
3. Diamondo25 did not mess with it to prevent noobs from leeching.
4. A decent amount of features work on that source, it's really not that horrible.

1. I don't give a poop
2. Ok
3. Ok
4. You can't get it started. I never said features, I'm saying c# says it has tons of errors.

Reaction score
1. I don't give a poop
2. Ok
3. Ok
4. You can't get it started. I never said features, I'm saying c# says it has tons of errors.

First of all, learn to be more respectful. Act like an idiot, and you'll get treated like one.

Now.. If you can tell me what errors you're getting on compiling it, maybe I can help you.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
First of all, learn to be more respectful. Act like an idiot, and you'll get treated like one.

Now.. If you can tell me what errors you're getting on compiling it, maybe I can help you.

You sounded like you were being an idiot, correcting every mistake I made. And there are many, like it can't find the utilities project, meanwhile it shows up fine on the side.

Reaction score
You sounded like you were being an idiot, correcting every mistake I made. And there are many, like it can't find the utilities project, meanwhile it shows up fine on the side.

Well I'm sorry if I came off a bit mean, didn't intend to.

Where did you get your copy of WvsBeta? From the xp-dev repository? Can you pastebin the long list of errors you have and post the link here? And what are you using to compile? Visual C#?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry if I came off a bit mean, didn't intend to.

Where did you get your copy of WvsBeta? From the xp-dev repository? Can you pastebin the long list of errors you have and post the link here? And what are you using to compile? Visual C#?

No I didn't get it from the repository, I don't know how since I don't have the user and pass for it. And I get these errors:
Is there a certain year C# to use?
I'm on a different computer, so I can't take a pic just now, but I also get things like it cannot find Database and such, meanwhile they seem to open and get recognized just fine...

Reaction score
No I didn't get it from the repository, I don't know how since I don't have the user and pass for it. And I get these errors:
Is there a certain year C# to use?
I'm on a different computer, so I can't take a pic just now, but I also get things like it cannot find Database and such, meanwhile they seem to open and get recognized just fine...

Yeah if you didn't get it from the repository then you probably have the version of the source where Diamondo25 forgot to include some files that were necessary to run it (he committed them later), but as far as I know right now I think he locked up the repository and made it private, so I think you'll need to go on a hunt for these files. :S

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yeah if you didn't get it from the repository then you probably have the version of the source where Diamondo25 forgot to include some files that were necessary to run it (he committed them later), but as far as I know right now I think he locked up the repository and made it private, so I think you'll need to go on a hunt for these files. :S

Do you have anything? I'm pretty sure the files aren't available, and I know jack poop in C# so I can't do anything myself. I just want to try v40, I haven't played such an old version since the early v30s (I don't think Beta, unless v40b was the final beta version or something). Any help would be greatly appreciated :p

Reaction score
Do you have anything? I'm pretty sure the files aren't available, and I know jack poop in C# so I can't do anything myself. I just want to try v40, I haven't played such an old version since the early v30s (I don't think Beta, unless v40b was the final beta version or something). Any help would be greatly appreciated :p

v40b was actually out before v01. Beta days were before the actual release of things. It doesn't mean it was Tespia, that was the *Test Server. :p

And I do not have the WvsBeta files anymore, I used them once and just deleted them. Didn't need them. I used to be working on them a bit but just gave up lol. Sorry :/ Good luck on finding the other files though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if anyone here wants to make a server im Ducking down. Hit me up on a PM.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
if anyone here wants to make a server im Ducking down. Hit me up on a PM.

I think we all do. But who has a source? Making one can be hard because the client is different than how it is now. WvsBeta is incomplete (the released sources), so you can't use that. If you know how to create a source, do it!

Back