Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory Section needs Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello.

This isn't a suggestion, more like a compliation. MapleStory
Section is full of spam, viruses, hacks, poop, too much help threads, wrongplacedthreads, and more. I only seen 3 of the current mods doing something (I don't know about the others, that's from MY view) and they bearly log in (or maybe they do, when I sleep :S). It just needs more responsible and more logging in mods which can take care of it. I'm not dominating myself ofcourse, I don't want to be a moderator, but hire more.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe they are doing their jobs, and more than likely the one who you see that are not active maybe are appearing offline?
I am assure they will get to sorting it out. Report to a Super Moderator and see what they can do.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think maplestory moderators has enough moderators, they recently picked moderators for every section including maplestory, I see moderators deleting threads that have been placed in the wrong section from time to time but sometimes some threads haven't been deleted after I reported it like 2-3 times.

Reaction score
I think maplestory moderators has enough moderators, they recently picked moderators for every section including maplestory, I see moderators deleting threads that have been placed in the wrong section from time to time but sometimes some threads haven't been deleted after I reported it like 2-3 times.

It's like this in most sections, the forum is just far too large to have everything be on your beck and call, and it's not like anyone is just able to be a moderator at RZ too I'm sure they have quite a strict way of hiring and deciding who should be hired, so its not even like they have a possible ton of potential mods.

I've always complained about the GunZ Section, but I've given up just do what you can do, report threads and such and focus on what RaGEZONE is for. MMORPG Development, as long as valid threads and development is still being made you are getting what you came here to get. Sure most of us would love to see more active moderation(Hell I even applied for mod myself at one time) but sometimes its best to pick and choose your battles. RZ is still RZ, a few trash posts or not.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You guys have to understand that just because you report something, doesn't mean it will be dealt with immediately. I know the MapleStory section seems to be trash still, but it's mainly the community that does it. The Mods there (except for a few which tbh don't do anything (I should know, I've spent 2 years there)) do a great job keeping the place maintained.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh your a funny one.

I do recall you being a big problem in the Maple Story section, you cause a lot of spam Coure, or I think your name before that was Xoslize or something...

wow! don't you have a great memory :)

Shawn said:
You guys have to understand that just because you report something, doesn't mean it will be dealt with immediately

but sometimes when I report : wrong section , most of the time it doesn't get dealt with but 90% of the time it does so I'm good :)
the other 10% goes to vistor messages

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All reports should be dealt with, as the report notices are dealt with daily and go down to none. If you truly are reporting something, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be attended to. Therefore I'd say if you want something done, report rule violating posts, as moderators do not see every little thing while looking over the section. It's more of a thing where community members also have to be involved in the effort to keep their section clean, etc.

Also, take into consideration that moderators have lives like yourself, and issues may not be dealt with right way. However, they will eventually be taken care of, and probally more quickly if it's reported. As not only section moderators go through those reports, but super moderators do as well. Another thing I'd like to mention is that a moderator doesn't have to be actively posting in a section to be actively moderating, as there's a lot to do behind the secenes. So before making assumptions, go on their profiles and look at the last time that they have logged in, and I'm sure that number of active moderators will go up.

Point being, be patient, and if you want something done help the moderators by reporting such things.

Last edited:
wat
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All reports should be dealt with, as the report notices are dealt with daily and go down to none. If you truly are reporting something, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be attended to. Therefore I'd say if you want something done, report rule violating posts, as moderators do not see every little thing while looking over the section. It's more of a thing where community members also have to be involved in the effort to keep their section clean, etc.

Also, take into consideration that moderators have lives like yourself, and issues may not be dealt with right way. However, they will eventually be taken care of, and probally more quickly if it's reported. As not only section moderators go through those reports, but super moderators do as well. Another thing I'd like to mention is that a moderator doesn't have to be actively posting in a section to be actively moderating, as there's a lot to do behind the secenes. So before making assumptions, go on their profiles and look at the last time that they have logged in, and I'm sure that number of active moderators will go up.

Point being, be patient, and if you want something done help the moderators by reporting such things.

QFT

Madison gave me infractions for signature violation.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Some moderators don't even show their last activity e.g. Wilsongb10 and Alforns
RastaLulz said:
If you truly are reporting something, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be attended to.
I dunnon, they probably ignored it or something
oh just a question, if I report a thread/post does it go through all the moderators in that section or just to 1 random moderator? because I'm not 100% sure how vbulletin reporting works

Retired
Reaction score
Some moderators don't even show their last activity e.g. Wilsongb10 and Alforns

That's because they are "invisible". They won't be shown online even if they are I believe.

(I think you can still see the "Last Activity"

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
oh just a question, if I report a thread/post does it go through all the moderators in that section or just to 1 random moderator? because I'm not 100% sure how vbulletin reporting works

All reports are actually shown to every moderator on the forums, and not section specific. Moderators then look through all the reports, and find the ones that correspond to them. If they take care of the situation, they mark the report as dealt with and it is removed. Thus I can not figure out why your reports would not be attended to, as all reports must be marked as dealt with by a moderator to be removed from the active reports list.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No no no, not another thread regarding modetators! If you have an issue concerning moderators, TAKE IT UP WITH A SUPER MOD, not by telling us! It's getting rather annoying...

Yum

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Who are the MOD's for MapleStory Section Anyway?

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who are the MOD's for MapleStory Section Anyway?

Go to the main section of the MapleStory section and look at the bottom right of the page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back