• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mars One narrowed to 100 candidates.

Rogu3
Reaction score
They placed retroreflectors on the moon to prove they were there. There is tons of other proof too, there's no doubt in my mind that we've been to the moon; nowadays going to the moon is just a matter of resources and time.
I mean... How can we truly know though? Unless we go to the moon. I understand what you mean, but how can we really trust anyone on this?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I mean... How can we truly know though? Unless we go to the moon. I understand what you mean, but how can we really trust anyone on this?

Not to turn this thread into a moon landing debate, but you might be interested in checking these links out;

Here is a link on the retro reflectors too;

Also I believe (not 100% on this as I forgot where I read about it originally) that you can see the landing site(s) left by NASA with your own telescope, providing of course it's not a $5 telescope.

Yeah here is one link, not the one I was recalling but it works;

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This was why I originally posted this thread in the Debate forum...a mod moved it here...I knew it had the potential to end up in a debate.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Not to turn this thread into a moon landing debate, but you might be interested in checking these links out;

Here is a link on the retro reflectors too;

Also I believe (not 100% on this as I forgot where I read about it originally) that you can see the landing site(s) left by NASA with your own telescope, providing of course it's not a $5 telescope.

Yeah here is one link, not the one I was recalling but it works;

I'm not trying to make a debate either, but I was just saying there's a lot of controversy around it.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No thats fine...I love a good debate :)

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Going on mars would be interesting, but also stupid. If you want them to stay there and they send men and women, what poor life will the kids have up there? They could never come back, because of the body formations, nobody could after half to full year up there.

And about the moon, we were there by 100%. Some people argue the US was the first on the moon or not, though.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This was why I originally posted this thread in the Debate forum...a mod moved it here...I knew it had the potential to end up in a debate.

I still don't really see it as a debate tbh.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Shortest travel to Mars is about 250-300 days if I recall correctly, when the planets are at their shortest distance apart in orbit.
I don't think shipping supplies there would be a huge issue if everything had been thought out and planned as far as sending supplies when the planets are at their shortest distance in orbit.

But to send 100 people there as a living experiment (when we haven't done much on Mars ourselves) is questionable.

Not to mention the huge cost in sending supplies and material to our neighboring planet on a regular basis.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was heading towards a "Did we really land on the moon" debate, but petered out :)
Well I'm not being funny but the alien films are based on mars, and the clangers are based on the moon. Where else do you think they were filmed? It's obvious proof right there!

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
OH CRAP 100 YEARS! Great I'll be 119 before I get a chance to go to Mars and then, I'll be too old.

Back