• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Masochistic problems.. (Rates under 1x)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm not that great at programing but I understand the logic behind it. I've been trying to make my 117 server below 1x rate. I went to channel handling and set stuff that said INT to float and it does not seem do do anything. Anyone wants to tutor me how that stuff works? I want to do more edits in the future and I'd rather have help rather than "Write X there"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@zeldasmokes Indeed you can change the value quite easily, the Proprieties file change the value in the Channel handling. As long you keep it a whole number, it react fines. When you try to add a decimal, it starts to freak out.

After further studies I noticed that what I require is a double and that the problem is indeed deeper than just changing a few values as the exp value for say a snail will become 1.5 which is not an integer. So I am unsure if the client will freak out or not..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@zeldasmokes Indeed you can change the value quite easily, the Proprieties file change the value in the Channel handling. As long you keep it a whole number, it react fines. When you try to add a decimal, it starts to freak out.

After further studies I noticed that what I require is a double and that the problem is indeed deeper than just changing a few values as the exp value for say a snail will become 1.5 which is not an integer. So I am unsure if the client will freak out or not..

only way is to backup and test x.x

yea, i thought i would mention it just in case.

i feel your pain tho, been unable to add global drops T.T...
it's awful spending so much time trying to figure out something that's probably crazy simple.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
zeldasmokes Indeed you can change the value quite easily, the Proprieties file change the value in the Channel handling. As long you keep it a whole number, it react fines. When you try to add a decimal, it starts to freak out.

why would u make it a decimal when it's an integer O.O

java can't parse an integer as a decimal only a static number between 0~2.147b.. if you want double, change the exp rate within the source globally to a double

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why would u make it a decimal when it's an integer O.O

java can't parse an integer as a decimal only a static number between 0~2.147b.. if you want double, change the exp rate within the source globally to a double

dude i'm pretty sure he's trying to make the rate below 1, if you read the thread.
i offered the same explanation, so he updated the thread title to.

well actually idk if we are talking about the same explanation, i mean inside the world properties, you said something like change globally within the source... lol

either way i think he's setting it bellow 1.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The title has been the same since the start. zeldasmokes

The goal is to make the exp rate 0.5x to make the experience longer than what it should be. Hence masochism

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ah, my mistake.

hey i thought of something, have you tried wz editing mob.wz?

go to mob id

then info

then exp.

see if changing that fixes it..

then again i think that's just client side.

maybe better to your source folder>wz>mob.wz>mobid.xml

and change xp from there?
idk, maybe both is best, i have no clue honestly, i'm pretty scrub at this, just trying to help come up with a solution.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes zeldasmokes that would work. But there is 3300 mobs to change. I'd rather find a way to modify it server side if possible. But I have no clue where it could be other than channel handling. :(:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My question is why would you want a .5 rate server when 1x is already terrible. Also, why would you make a decimal a integer when a integer is not a decimal or a fraction it's a whole number. I don't see how making a integer a decimal is possible?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My question is why would you want a .5 rate server when 1x is already terrible. Also, why would you make a decimal a integer when a integer is not a decimal or a fraction it's a whole number. I don't see how making a integer a decimal is possible?
maybe he's not trying to make a normal server o.o

I can see how in some case under 1 would be nice.

dude should make all mobs defense x2 >.>...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Or just change the exp curve you need to level up. Wouldn't be to hard to divide it all by 2 or whatever you want. Think its in maplecharacter

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to code a bulk XML editor that will compare the exp string and modify it's value using a set formula.

The formula will divide in half and round up. Editing all server WZ files should be foolproof enough.
vTim the reason I want 0.5x rate is because I hate myself and it seems even more destructive than inflicting physical harm to myself. Hence masochism.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to edit exp in the XMLs. In ChannelServer just initialize and parse exprate from world.properties as a double, and then when exp is given out... e.g. when a mob is killed and your server needs to read the exp as an int, do something like (int) Math.ceil(mobexp * exprate).

Upvote 0
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Allright, i know this thread is a couple days old now, but i was thinking. So yes, you could do what Navi stated or edit the xmls (which i know you allready did) But i was thinking, couldn't you also just change the exp curve? So that the exp required to levelup would be doubled?

I know this isn't really what you wanted to do, but i was just wondering :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to edit exp in the XMLs. In ChannelServer just initialize and parse exprate from world.properties as a double, and then when exp is given out... e.g. when a mob is killed and your server needs to read the exp as an int, do something like (int) Math.ceil(mobexp * exprate).

It"s my savior!

Upvote 0
Back