Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MentalBlank's DragonFable Private Server Files [Screenshots]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried that multiple times and i even deleted the database and re-imported it

Edit: Ok i give up i deleted the server files and extracted them again then as i found out the hard way had to copy them into XAMPP\htdocs so the server would work and it still won't load any characters i make

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When you're running Apache and MySQL, and you go to access your PHPMyAdmin database; are you required to put in a username and password before accessing your database?

If so, then did you add your PHPMyAdmin username and password to the "config.php" file in the "htdocs/includes" folder?

If so, then did you issue this SQL command to create the dragonfable table in your database:
Code:
 CREATE DATABASE `dragonfable`;

If you're missing one of these three crucial steps, then that may explain why you couldn't create a new user and make/load created characters.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been doing that except for the SQL command to make the database i've just been making it the normal way by going onto the Database tab then naming it and clicking create with it set to collation i'll try using the code see if that makes any difference

Edit: Ok so the problem was that i couldn't make a female character nor could i use a different hair type so i'm stuck with the basic male character and hair types

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why release old files ...

Anyway won't complain i don't see people releasing poop so ye i found this on my mediafire account

Dragonfable 2011 files i guess....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why release old files ...

Anyway won't complain i don't see people releasing poop so ye i found this on my mediafire account

Dragonfable 2011 files i guess....

Perhaps they were the only ones he had and nothing wrong with releasing them also thanks for your ones.

Edit: I might as well ask does anyone have Adventurequest files? not Adventurequest Worlds though as it's next to impossible to search for "Adventurequest Private Server Files" without getting pages of AQW results lol

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only private server I found was named "AquaQuest" but I never got it to work properly. The furthest I've gotten with AquaQuest was creating a new account. Whenever I log into the AquaQuest game it would cause my flashplayer.exe to eat up 100% of my processor and give me error messages from my browser to stop the "unresponsive" script. (I suppose it's due to having flash player 18 instead of an older version of flash player)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's the same one i've got i've heard there was another called Darkquest but i've not heard nor seen anything else of it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Up LV have error
I edit exp = 79 in Lvl 2. I go out site and atk a mob and then a table VICTORY appear, i clicked OK button but nothing happen
KimChoJapFan - MentalBlank's DragonFable Private Server Files [Screenshots] - RaGEZONE Forums
i try edit cf-expsave.php but i cant do because the game does not appear line error messages for me fix.
HELP ME.
And some time after battle i reviced 0 exp and button OK no thing happen when i clicked.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you tell me if you're using XAMPP, and if you're not using the latest version of XAMPP; then which versions of PHP, SQL, and Apache are you using to host your game?

I did recognize that leveling up can cause NaN experience gains which can cause an infinite level up prompt loop.

Have you downloaded and merged the three patches that I've uploaded?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone teach me how to make a db..because the download link told me to put a df_private or something and i dont know how to..im kind of new to this guys..plss help im using xampp by the way​

pls guys im disperate to play this game i know how to open localhost now but when i open the uploads there an error that appears some sort of unknown df_private thing..help me guys if you might know how to solve this

as a result i opened the game but this errors came out hoping if anyone could help me

Notice: Undefined index: w in C:\xampp\htdocs\df\UPLOAD\game\index.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: h in C:\xampp\htdocs\df\UPLOAD\game\index.php on line 4

Notice: Undefined index: f in C:\xampp\htdocs\df\UPLOAD\game\index.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\df\UPLOAD\game\index.php on line 1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ian143; I sincerely apologize for the month-long waiting period before answering your questions. I hope that you're still interested in hosting your own Dragonfable server because I've layed out the process that I use:

Making a database requires that you have an SQL server to store information is easier than it may seem at first.

I used XAMPP for Windows in my examples, but I found that LAMPP works just as fine if you're on a Linux machine. (I have no method of testing any Mac variants of XAMPP (MAMP))

When you're installing XAMPP on Windows, just keep the Apache and MySQL options ticked as those are the only services we're working with.

Once you have XAMPP installed and have Apache and MySQL running, you're going to have to setup a PHPMyAdmin password in order for the game to access the database properly. (There's no such method of connecting to a MySQL database with a NULL password in PHP that I'm aware of)

To set up a password for your MySQL server, you're going to have to access your PHPMyAdmin control panel by running Apache and MySQL services through XAMPP and open your web browser and type the following into your search bar: "localhost/phpmyadmin" without the quotations.

From there you will find the "User Accounts" tab at the upper-middle portion of your screen.

From there you will then proceed to create a new account of your choosing or you can add a password to the root account. Since XAMPP is limited to Local Network access by default (serious security measure, please do not attempt to setup a XAMPP server for internet accessibility for reasons involving hackers having access to your hard drive from a remote connection).

Once you have set up an account with all permissions and with a password, find the XAMPP install directory (Default is C:\XAMPP) and then enter the phpMyAdmin folder to locate the file config.inc.php.

Once you find the config.inc.php file, you will open it with notepad or notepad++ (if you have notepad++ installed on your system).

You will have to find the line that states "/* Authentication type and info */" and change the "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']" from "config" to "cookie"You will then have to find the line that states "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']" and the line that states "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']" and change the user from "root" to match the username that you chose as well as adding the password you chose for that username to the line below the "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']" line.

Then the last step in the "config.inc.php" editing process is to change the line that states "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword']" from "true" to "false".

Save your edits and close out of your text editor. Stop the MySQL service from the XAMPP Control Panel and then start the MySQL service.

If you performed the steps correctly, you should be prompted to put in a username and password when you try to reconnect to "localhost/phpmyadmin".

If you don't get this prompt, then you should check to see if you misspelled anything in the "config.inc.php" file as well as making sure that you have created an account for the PHPMyAdmin control panel.

From there you will then extract the contents of the Dragonfable server that I have provided into the "C:\XAMPP\htdocs" folder. This folder will have to be cleaned out before you extract the Dragonfable server contents into the folder.

After you have extracted the Dragonfable server contents into the htdocs folder, you will then proceed to login to your PHPMyAdmin control panel and create a new database with the name "dragonfable" (CASE SENSITIVE)

In the extracted Dragonfable server contents there should be a folder named "database" and it should contain a file named "Database.sql". From your PHPMyAdmin control panel, you will select the "dragonfable" database you created and select the "Import" tab at the upper-middle portion of your screen.

Click the button that reads "Browse..." and point it to your "C:\XAMPP\htdocs\database\Database.sql" file and scroll down until you see the button that reads "Go" and click on that button to upload and populate your "dragonfable" database.

If you have gotten this far, then you're in the final stretch of the process and all you need to do from here is find your "C:\XAMPP\htdocs\includes\config.php" file and open it with notepad.

Find the line that reads "$mysql_user" and change it from "root" to match the username that you made to login to your PHPMyAdmin control panel. Then find the line below it that reads "$mysql_pass" and put in the password that you set to your PHPMyAdmin control panel account. Save the file and close out ofit.

Stop the Apache service from the XAMPP control panel and then start the Apache service before typing the following url into your browser: "localhost/game"

You can now start testing the registration process as well as start playing the game. (WARNING: When you finish registering your account, the flash file will automatically redirect you to the dragonfable.com website, just simply type "localhost/game" back into your search bar and login with your newly registered account.

You have completed the process of creating a private Dragonfable server; and now you should look into patching your server to fix a few frustrating bugs. I have listed some of the bugs that I've encountered that I haven't found a solution for yet, but I'll try to keep up with questions and troubleshooting assistance whenever you need it pertaining to your server.

Thank you.
- KimChoJapFan

Last edited:
Back