Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Messed up Quests - Some of them are not working

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using the following server files & client: https://forum.ragezone.com/f459/vmware-cabal-age-8-5-a-1173714/ [Cabal New Age v8.5]
I'm having issues about quests, the answers are messed up and sometimes I can not even start the quest.
I posted pictures, hope you understand what I mean.

razvikennedy - Messed up Quests - Some of them are not working - RaGEZONE Forums

razvikennedy - Messed up Quests - Some of them are not working - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried to replace Quest.scp from the server & client but it doesn't solve the issue. What can I do?
Your help would be much appreciated!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for answering! Can you please give me an advice in how to do that? I tried replacing Quest.scp but it made no difference.
I see that if I copy script_msg.enc from Data/Language/Portuguese to /Data/Language/English the quests are ok, but they are not in english anymore.
Please advise me. Thanks!

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
In order to fix this, you need to know how to work with script.enc and script_msg.enc files. It's not an easy task and I can't imagine anyone taking so much time to fix it here.
Judging by what you write, the ID in the script_msg.enc file does not match the ID in script.enc. To find the location where the shift happened (this is the best case. Maybe these files are from different clients altogether) you need to check many of the existing quests, and then replace those IDs with the correct ones.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I made it work!
I got script_msg.enc and script.enc from another client, decrypted and encrypted again using my client's XOR Keys and now it works.
I'm posting the files decrypted so anyone who has this issue cand fix it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
fix quest.scp for serverside!
Its funny how you actually went out of your way to click on a random post of mine within my profile's activity tap to dislike something from me rather than asking why did I dislike that message of yours.
The reason I tapped dislike was simply because that "fix quest.scp" is by no means useful, its clearly a script issue and you fail to accept that you leading to the wrong directions won't get your posts liked.
Maybe think first next time because thats just childish.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I made it work!
I got script_msg.enc and script.enc from another client, decrypted and encrypted again using my client's XOR Keys and now it works.
I'm posting the files decrypted so anyone who has this issue cand fix it.

so these scripts work fine on New Age 8.5?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can confirm, replacing these files in \Data\Language\English does fix the weird wacky quest text/choices.

The thing is, most of stuff was correct, so most likely one file either script or script_msg had an indented entry in the middle somewhere, causing all below quest messages/choices to increase id by 1, which will mess everything up.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can confirm, replacing these files in \Data\Language\English does fix the weird wacky quest text/choices.

The thing is, most of stuff was correct, so most likely one file either script or script_msg had an indented entry in the middle somewhere, causing all below quest messages/choices to increase id by 1, which will mess everything up.

Thanks for sharing good man, it helped me a lot.

Upvote 0
Back