• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[MiniFix] Fixing Could not find stored procedure 'spStartUpLocatorStatus' in Locator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I ran into this issue and discovered that it was pretty common among people and no one really posted a proper solution to it, so here's how you fix it.

Basically the Locator would close immediately after I start it up and log this error:
MLocatorDBMgr::StartUpLocaterStauts - Could not find stored procedure 'spStartUpLocatorStatus'.

MLocator::Create - DBÃʱâÈ­ ½ÇÆÐ.

This issue is either caused by:
  1. Not setting up your Database properly (in which case you just need to get a proper database backup and restore it)
  2. Not setting your odbc's default database (most common one)

The 2nd one was the problem in my case, and it's usually the most common cause for this error.

Just go to start -> run, type odbcad32 and press enter.
Then select GunzDB and click configure, then click Next.
Re-type your password at the bottom and click Next.
Tick "change default database to..." and select GunzDB
oNzTKEx - [MiniFix] Fixing Could not find stored procedure 'spStartUpLocatorStatus' in Locator - RaGEZONE Forums

Now click next and finish. Your Locator should run fine now!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Possible that you were just missing that store procedure table.

No. I checked my database and the procedure was there so I didn't touch a thing in the database.
Then I fixed the odbc and it worked.
I'm 100% sure it was that.
I'm using sql server 2012 so maybe it now requires a default database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back