• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Moderator application] Entertainment section - The Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now before I get started with all the serious stuff, I'd like to say that I know it's kind ''overambitious'' to start with 2 sections right away but these 2 sections basicly sum up my whole personality so I thought why not? They both need a moderator. So here we go!

Name:
Elian Bruijnesteijn

Nationality:
Dutch

Languages spoken (from fluently to decent):
- Dutch
- English
- French
- German

E-mail:
developer.elian@hotmail.com

Sections I'm applying for:
- Entertainment
- The Portfolio

Activity:
I'm currently having a gap year meaning I have all the time in the world. I did apply for a job at a cinema but that only takes a small part of my free time away not interfering with my duties as a mod at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About myself and RZ history:
So, my name is Elian Bruijnesteijn and I'm a 20 year old man from The Netherlands. Ever since I was a child I liked to get on stage to entertain people. This because I love making other people laugh which actually makes me laugh aswell (causing people to think I'm laughing at my own jokes, something I actually do quite often...)
I'm currently in a gap year and I'm more bored than I expected I would be. (who would've thought I'd miss school) The reason I'm in a gap year is because I couldn't pick between two things. Going to filmschool in Amsterdam or going to medschool in Maastricht. Both of these courses required me to take a gap year. Filmschool wants me to have more life experience and medschool wants me to get a certificate for biology because my highschool course didn't give me the right amount of hours of biology. Still trying to decide what I want to be, a trauma sergeon or a movie director. In my free time I like to go snowboarding and getting a good workout is also something I like.

I joined RaGEZONE, god knows why, in 2009 and I found myself in the GunZ section. All these great respected developers contributed so much to this game and I wanted to be one of them. So I downloaded photoshop and after a while I released my first interface. This interface got such great reactions that I got a little taste of what the great developers mustve felt like. Because of this I started releasing more interfaces and this actually got me quite a few friends over the years. This also got me to look at The Portfolio where I mostly watch other peoples work and sometimes comment on it. (I must say that I haven't always been the nicest guy in this, gotta keep in mind that I went to puberty around this time hahaha) But leaving the GunZ section gave me a taste of the real RZ. I liked it so I started lurking everywhere on the forum. I met alot of nice people though I must say I'm still not really known outside of my sections of comfort.

Past and future contributions:
I'm not going to lie, there are people that have contributed more to these sections than I have. All the things that I have released or the people I have helped are in the GunZ section but they do fall in line with the sections I am applying for. Yes, I have given constructive criticism in The Portfolio and yes, I have posted in the Entertainment section but has that really changed the section for the better? I'm not sure, maybe it made them a little more active.
What I do know is that even though I could've posted more in these sections it is pretty hard to keep them active as a regular member. I also know that I have a lot of free time that I can easily invest in trying to make the sections look more appealing. I'm thinking about hosting the Graphic Of the Week again (if this is OK with becca) and making fun challenges in the Entertainment section preferrable the Film/TV subsection but ofcourse I can't forget the main section.
I am fully aware that my contribution as a moderator isn't only ''moderating'' the forum as in removing spam etc. The mod rank gives me way more possibilities than just keeping it clean. (Both sections have the potential of being the most fun section of the forum)

My personal qualities:
I have worked as a waiter for the past 3 years so I know how to deal with people. (Believe me the crazy people I meet on weekly basis is insane) I'm very team oriented but I do have a sense of responsibility and I'm immune to stress, hence my interest in becoming a trauma sergeon. Also: I'm kind of nice and funny.

Previous Experience:
I have alot of experience moderating a forum. I have been super forum moderator at GunZ private servers. Giving me power over the whole forum and putting me in charge of the regular moderators just like the supers here. But Ive also had my own sections when I was a developer.

Infractions/Bans:
-I have received a warning 25-10-15 because I forgot to tag one of my posts.
-I have received a warning 15-07-15 because I used the F word in a post. (Someone was offended by it I guess, the warning said that there were kids on this forum and I shouldve realised that before posting it that I fully understand now)
-I also have 2 other warnings and 1 infraction but they are from '13 and they do not say why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone that does not think me being a moderator is a good idea, please feel free to explain why. You might even convince me it's a bad idea haha
Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Reaction score
You can only apply to one, but I think you'd be just right for The Portfolio. Only if you would have contributed more. It's never too late to start some threads ... and reply to some existing ones.

You can only apply to one, but I think you'd be just right for The Portfolio. Only if you would have contributed more. It's never too late to start some threads ... and reply to some existing ones. I vouch for portfolio.

Reaction score
I have posted in the Entertainment section but has that really changed the section for the better? I'm not sure, maybe it made them a little more active.
What I do know is that even though I could've posted more in these sections it is pretty hard to keep them active as a regular member. I also know that I have a lot of free time that I can easily invest in trying to make the sections look more appealing. I'm thinking about hosting the Graphic Of the Week again (if this is OK with becca) and making fun challenges in the Entertainment section preferrable the Film/TV subsection but ofcourse I can't forget the main section.
I am fully aware that my contribution as a moderator isn't only ''moderating'' the forum as in removing spam etc. The mod rank gives me way more possibilities than just keeping it clean. (Both sections have the potential of being the most fun section of the forum)

Why go for two? Both sections need an extensive amount of work put into both to get the activity rolling again, if you were truly interested you'd have tried already. You don't need to be a moderator to for fun challenges in the sections, you only get the tools to delete posts and infract etc, I don't see why you say it's hard to keep them active if you're a regular user.

I just feel we need a moderator for these sections who is already helping to try boost the activity and not say they plan to do it when they get the green title, that shows you'll only help if you're a mod.

Reaction score
Why go for two? Both sections need an extensive amount of work put into both to get the activity rolling again, if you were truly interested you'd have tried already. You don't need to be a moderator to for fun challenges in the sections, you only get the tools to delete posts and infract etc, I don't see why you say it's hard to keep them active if you're a regular user.

I just feel we need a moderator for these sections who is already helping to try boost the activity and not say they plan to do it when they get the green title, that shows you'll only help if you're a mod.

There is no one at this moment trying to make these sections active. So by that logic no one should be hired.
I decided that I wanted to help people see how fun these sections can be and maybe even were. I'm not sure wether I decided this before I saw that there was a mod needed or after but does that honestly matter? Isn't it good enough that I decided to do something already?

Then there is also the part that Unphased mentioned in his application. Let me quote it:
It's hard for me to post content without it looking like spam when I post more.
The guy is totally right here just look at this thread I posted:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f767/discussion-tv-theory-crafting-flash-1086196/
2 days and not a single reply. I know that this is not the kind of post that gets 100 people to these sections but you got to admit that it's pretty hard for me to post another thread without it looking like spam. And I got to start somewhere.

Now, I applied for both sections because as stated in my application those sections basicly sum up my personality and I thought if I'm investing time on 1 half of me, why not do the other half aswell. I have a lot of free time.

Also: A green name gets people to notice things wether you like it or not. If I organise an event as mod it'd be so much easier. Although this theory kind of gets busted by this thread: https://forum.ragezone.com/f619/christmas-dai-competition-win-subscription-1086335/ :w00t:

Thanks for the questions though!

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no one at this moment trying to make these sections active.

Is that so? Have I not been posting in the entertainment section and helping CodeDragon with his thread frequently , everyday for weeks now? Please do speak according to what's true.

Anyways , back on topic , I read your application and it's a decent application , you've put in well enough effort. But I would like to say what the others are saying , start with one section first , and what I've noticed from you , you're good in graphics and arts , so go for The Portfolio , you may find it convenient to mod a section you're familiar with. I have not see much activity from you in the entertainment section only until recently , I can see you're trying to put in effort , that's good , but don't be so hasty , wait a couple of weeks and then apply for the section you've been working on.

Anyways , good luck with your app.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How dare you compete with my application for the same section!

Nah I'm kidding. I don't really know you much but if you're applying then I vouch for you. You seem friendly. You're just gonna have to choose which section you're actually applying for. Entertainment or Portfolio.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can only apply to one, but I think you'd be just right for The Portfolio. Only if you would have contributed more. It's never too late to start some threads ... and reply to some existing ones.

You can only apply to one, but I think you'd be just right for The Portfolio. Only if you would have contributed more. It's never too late to start some threads ... and reply to some existing ones. I vouch for portfolio.

I told him to apply to both, which is why he has applied to both. No harm in doing so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back