• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Moderator application - MU Private Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
About me:
I am Matt, 16 years old student from Poland. I'm MuOnline addict since 2005. I spend a lot of time on internet and I like to make it better. Day by day I learn php which is my passion and I can relax while I'm doing it. I've got a lot of other hobbies not related with computer. I've found RageZone while searching for MU guides. Not much time later I created an account here and I met a lot of great people.

Experience as moderator:
I've been moderator on private muserver forum. I know how much work is to do as moderator and how people may be annoying. But I think moderator job is not hard at all. I hate spam and prefer strong rules (only on virtual world, lol). I'd like to become moderator and gain more experience - never too much. :):

Why do you want to become a moderator?
Because I always liked ragezone as clear forum and for clean content. MU Private Servers forum is needed to search stable gameserver with configuration we like. Servers owners disrespect rules to make their thread name noticeable. Threads and most of the contents in there looks like big mistake with lacking information. It's possible to make easier way to search something we want. This section may be clear but I think there is lacking moderator with free time and steel nerves.

Best wishes, Gierek.

Last edited:
RZ's Personal Marine
Reaction score
i would say prob not, post count is kinda low for being here since 2008

MU Online Private server section has currently

1 Moderator
-------
Aaron

3 Supervisors
--------------
Dell
MuIsBest
Shawn

also, i would say if you show that you want to help clean the forums
Use the REPORT button and say why you think the thread is not needed, they will get to it if needed

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Good luck hope you get accepted.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just like I posted on another App, you should add more to your Application. Don't just add a bunch of useless information to make it look longer though, how much time and effort you put into your Application reflects how much you want the position, and judging from the Length I can tell you didn't spend more than 4 Minutes writing it.

Also your English isn't the Greatest, it's better than most non-native American's but it's still not that Great, and a Mod is required to speak English rather fluently. I'm not sure, and I'm not going to go on a wild duck hunt in the MU section to see if you have, but you are also supposed to Contribute to the section you are applying for, it's not a must but it raises your chances of being accepted.

I'm not bashing you or anything I'm helping you out by telling you what's wrong with your App. Goodluck though.

Reaction score
Just like I posted on another App, you should add more to your Application. Don't just add a bunch of useless information to make it look longer though, how much time and effort you put into your Application reflects how much you want the position, and judging from the Length I can tell you didn't spend more than 4 Minutes writing it.

Also your English isn't the Greatest, it's better than most non-native American's but it's still not that Great, and a Mod is required to speak English rather fluently. I'm not sure, and I'm not going to go on a wild duck hunt in the MU section to see if you have, but you are also supposed to Contribute to the section you are applying for, it's not a must but it raises your chances of being accepted.

I'm not bashing you or anything I'm helping you out by telling you what's wrong with your App. Goodluck though.
I wouldn't really say that about his application. Some people take a while creating applications and planning it over before coming up with the final product in which they wish to present. It's not that easy creating an application, you have to know what you want to say and how you want to set it out before you even begin typing a word of it. Yes, he should add a little more information like how much he has contributed to RZ and what he has brought to the MU section itself but that should be his intention from the start, you can't tell him to add more information really, what he has put should be what he is judged on and it shouldn't be edited.

Some may think it isn't that good of an application but personally I think that it's a decent application. His English isn't the best as he is from Poland, we can't pressure him into learning more of our language when he only needs to be able to spell what he wants really and be able to hold a conversation with those who need help or with the staff to discuss what has been going on.

I actually think you have potential anyhow Gierek, you've been here quite a while and you have the requirement of 100 posts and you seem very mature and intelligent. Best of luck to see if you do get the position but that section doesn't need that many moderators so that will probably be the thing that lets you down if you don't get the position.

If that's the case, there's always another time to apply if one of the moderators decide to leave or whatever.

Best of luck,
Jamie

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am going to edit app with some RZ experiences since 2008. I understand criticism and I'm trying to improve things you've writed above, Justice. I appreciate your help. I must agree with you both, my english is not that advanced but at school I had only to learn colors and numbers. I've started english lessons few months ago.

Thank you guys for support, I'm still waiting for MentaL's decision :):

Last edited:
Reaction score
You've got a solid application to be honest. You have included lots of information but it's just a little short. You should extend your application for a better outcome.

I wish to know more about you, why you wish to become a moderator & what you can offer us being a mod. Just extend your answers in general and it'll end good.

In the end, you seem like a trustworthy person who deserves a shot. You're a veteran member which is a plus. I guess I've seen you around the MuOnline section a few times contributing.

Good luck further.

Regards,
MuIsBest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back