Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderators required ..... #2

Reaction score
Wish you left the topic open. lol

1. That would mean you have to send a friend request, wait for them to accept it, THEN send them a message.

2. Most moderators aren't going to accept friend requests from every single person they infract.

3. The "befriend user" button is so small and off to the side that most people don't even see it. I never noticed it until I made this post, when I went looking for it to make this point.

Just make it a requirement. You go to reply to an infraction and get a nice "This user does not accept private messages" message. Mods should be easily reachable, as they are supposed to be involved in their sections. That is how most moderators even get the spots; they have (or say they have) an interest in participating in the section.

Reaction score
It's easy to become swamped and bogged down with too many users crying about infractions when the real job of a mod is to keep the section clean and organised so people can find what they need here. Come straight to me or another supermod if you need to discuss an infraction and cannot contact the mod who gave it out.

Reaction score
We should have a dispute section only available to the infraction banned.

I remember when I was banned for like a year after my account was banned, I had to email MentaL I think before my password was changed and I could get back on,.

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you're infraction banned, you had several warnings before it. Repeat offenders deserve it, if you know what I mean. That is, unless you have an idiot mod who doesn't believe in the warning system xD

But there are no such mods here

Reaction score
It's easy to become swamped and bogged down with too many users crying about infractions when the real job of a mod is to keep the section clean and organised so people can find what they need here. Come straight to me or another supermod if you need to discuss an infraction and cannot contact the mod who gave it out.

That may be true, but this idea kind of applies to far more than just infractions.

Mods of individual dev sections are supposed to be there for assistance, no? For instance, if I had a server advertisement in MU and wanted my thread cleaned, I would PM a moderator. If I made a post in the RF Dev section and wanted my thread locked, I'd PM a RF mod.

So you're saying if I want my thread cleaned, or locked, or renamed, or moved, I'd go to you or a supervisor instead of the one who is actually responsible for maintaining the section? Doesn't make much sense to me.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have a valid point. Ex, what I think he means to say is that just for general communication these things should be available. Sure some people may abuse them to dispute infractions but you give them a short response saying "go to Madison" and then don't respond.

Oh boy, can't wait till Dell Honne starts yapping in here as well...

I remember when I was banned for like a year after my account was banned, I had to email MentaL I think before my password was changed and I could get back on,.

It's called Account Support and you speak directly to Mental. No mods, just you and him so he can deliver his Welsh verdict.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That may be true, but this idea kind of applies to far more than just infractions.

Mods of individual dev sections are supposed to be there for assistance, no? For instance, if I had a server advertisement in MU and wanted my thread cleaned, I would PM a moderator. If I made a post in the RF Dev section and wanted my thread locked, I'd PM a RF mod.

So you're saying if I want my thread cleaned, or locked, or renamed, or moved, I'd go to you or a supervisor instead of the one who is actually responsible for maintaining the section? Doesn't make much sense to me.

It's called "post a reply to the thread". Easy, no?

Reaction score

Opening a dispute section is inviting trouble. If a user feels an infraction is unjust then they can simply contact me or Exclamatio.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How about a thread has been closed? And the reason of the moderator is unjust? And i can't pm him? Should i always look for a Supervisor rather than section moderators who is technically there for section supervision.

That is basically the situation where you contact people a rank above moderator.

Reaction score
That is basically the situation where you contact people a rank above moderator.

What about the other reason? What if you're just trying to find out why your thread got closed? Threads very often get closed without reason, and when we make a new thread to ask why because we can't PM the mod, we get infraction banned.

Tell me how that is a good system.

You're still not looking past the infraction part. This kind of goes beyond that, to just regular usage. If my post gets deleted, or if I need something done by a mod, I need to be able to contact that mod.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or they can make a video of themselves saying they want it removed? or they want to be unbanned? LOL

Don't rip off of 'SomethingAwful' buddy. They of all the forums on the net deserve to not be ripped from.

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Is this a new thing? I was able to PM the PW mod 343 pretty recently.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
How about a thread has been closed? And the reason of the moderator is unjust? And i can't pm him? Should i always look for a Supervisor rather than section moderators who is technically there for section supervision.
A moderator doing actions on a thread doesnt mean he is moderating one user. When a moderator sees the poster on the thread not just the thread starter but others who join the thread are unstoppable on violations a moderator have the right to close it. We keep reminding about the violations and its a job of members to read it and understand it and follow it when a member ignore it, a member will face the circumstances of the action they made, either get infracted or get a thread they are active to be closed. Dont take the actions of mods be personal, it looks easy but its not, specially when most members feels moderators are ruining the section because they cant do the things they wanted because a moderator is so active to moderate them.

@topic, we can interact to other members but it will also depend on how the section activity is, when we were a regular member, we dont have responsibility but to make sure we post properly and us following the rules. When you becomes moderator it changes everything, specially when the section like mine that needs to be moderated alot, we will not have alot of time or extra time to interact.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A moderator doing actions on a thread doesnt mean he is moderating one user. When a moderator sees the poster on the thread not just the thread starter but others who join the thread are unstoppable on violations a moderator have the right to close it. We keep reminding about the violations and its a job of members to read it and understand it and follow it when a member ignore it, a member will face the circumstances of the action they made, either get infracted or get a thread they are active to be closed. Dont take the actions of mods be personal, it looks easy but its not, specially when most members feels moderators are ruining the section because they cant do the things they wanted because a moderator is so active to moderate them.

@topic, we can interact to other members but it will also depend on how the section activity is, when we were a regular member, we dont have responsibility but to make sure we post properly and us following the rules. When you becomes moderator it changes everything, specially when the section like mine that needs to be moderated alot, we will not have alot of time or extra time to interact.

It literally takes 10 seconds to inform a user why his post was deleted, or why his thread is getting locked. Don't tell me you don't have the time to interact when you only moderate a single inactive section (compared to most other sections).

Is this a new thing? I was able to PM the PW mod 343 pretty recently.
It's mainly just for the mods that have PMs disabled, but of course this will just be ignored because most moderators here think being green is some kind of social status and think they're better than everyone else. The mods we have now are no where near what like they used to be.

Most of them, anyways. I can name the ones who aren't dicks on 10 fingers. The rest can suck my balls. Enable your Ducking PM's and stop being being a mod for the status. You're here to help, not dictate a Ducking section.

If you mods want an example of how to moderate, look up Junkers's posts. It doesn't take a lot of effort to take 10 seconds to inform a user why their thread is moved or locked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's actually in the forum rules:

Breaking these rules will lead to your content being edited/ deleted and possible warn/infraction given. [...]
You may appeal any action a Moderator has taken against you to a Super Moderator via PM. You must give a valid reason and a link to what you are appealing. Do not PM the Moderator who took action against you, it is likely to get you in more trouble.

/thread

Back