Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderators required ..... #2

Reaction score
Wish you left the topic open. lol

1. That would mean you have to send a friend request, wait for them to accept it, THEN send them a message.

2. Most moderators aren't going to accept friend requests from every single person they infract.

3. The "befriend user" button is so small and off to the side that most people don't even see it. I never noticed it until I made this post, when I went looking for it to make this point.

Just make it a requirement. You go to reply to an infraction and get a nice "This user does not accept private messages" message. Mods should be easily reachable, as they are supposed to be involved in their sections. That is how most moderators even get the spots; they have (or say they have) an interest in participating in the section.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tbh, that's useless queries being made.

If the situation is that severe, then yes, the user could be PM'd.
If it's an obvious rule breaker, then there's nothing more to say other than it's obvious.

This is where deletion notes come into play. If the mod isn't reachable, contact a higherup and the deletion note is there. Tbh, I should start using them more frequently.

I delete a bunch of threads on the daily, rarely are any of them not breaking general forum rules. Such as no screenshots, lack of info, etc. If for some reason people are spamming, raging, etc, I will post in the thread and close it, that way they know why it was closed, etc.

Tbh, I think it's mod preference. I definitely agree that mods should interact with the users of their section. It's kind of annoying to me to see mods (or ex mods) that have signatures saying "DONT CONTACT ME ON MSN SKYPE FACEBOOK MYSPACE FOR SUPPORT", if you're a dev mod you obviously should be helping people. I don't like having my MSN being used as a constant support line, so I just tell them to make a thread and I'll read it when I get time.

I really see no reason why people have their PM's disabled. It's just preference... or maybe they get annoyed quickly and see their section as having enough resources to help the user through their problem. Thus them having their PM's disabled. I'm sure if you make a thread in the section, if you can't get into contact with the mod at all, then it'll be fine and resolved accordingly.

Simple communication, if any, is key tbh.

Reaction score
Just Enable the PM or Visitor Message option. I know it's annoying when people message you with annoying messages. But that's what you are, you're a Moderator. You can't blame normal member to pm or ask you things they want to know. You have the higher rank, meaning you're job is not only to close, delete, infract, or warn someone, but to lead them to be a good member of this forum and to acknowledge them on how the forum rocks and how the section works.

For those moderators who are against this, you don't know what we've been through in our section. You just don't know. You can -rep me, dislike me, or even infract me. Do as you like. But please, be active in our section for 3 years, and you'll see.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically, if your thread gets closed, check the section rule and find out yourself why it is closed instead of complaining and making a new thread asking "hey mods, why did you closed my thread?!" and gets infraction banned. Simple, no?

If you think the reason is not there, then that's the time you contact mods, if you can't reach them, contact supervisors, then supermod, then exclamatio, if you still can't reach them, contact mental, if not, go ragequit.

I myself experienced my thread being deleted without any PMs from section mods, so I did look at the section rules, analyze what i've posted and found out I really broke a rule. So I did remake the thread that follows the rules, and leave it open. Problem solved, no complaining, just reading and understanding the rules.

Reactions: 404
Reaction score
Man, you don't know what it's like in our section. Other mods did their job very well, but in ours, nah. And base on your reply, don't you think i easily complain without looking at the rules in the section? I don't represent here because of my personal problems with the Mods. I just want to voice out what the active members in that section wants.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess I pointed out every possible options you can do on every situation regarding that.

...If you think the reason is not there, then that's the time you contact mods, if you can't reach them, contact supervisors, then supermod, then exclamatio, if you still can't reach them, contact mental, if not, go ragequit..

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
Man, you don't know what it's like in our section. Other mods did their job very well, but in ours, nah. And base on your reply, don't you think i easily complain without looking at the rules in the section? I don't represent here because of my personal problems with the Mods. I just want to voice out what the active members in that section wants.
If you are talking about ran section, you should be investigating more about the activity of moderators there, moderators does not moderate just the new post coming, i myself trying my best to have the section cleaned from the past trash that stays on the section for years. You just arrived on the section so you dont know, you are voicing something you cant even tell what kind of activity do you expect, why not tell us here what kind of activity you expect a moderator do, not a developer, not a member, but a moderator? As a member of this forum i have the right to be active or inactive on any section i like here and its free, its not against the rule to be inactive member, as a moderator i am more than active doing my job, a job that higher notify us to do. So start putting here now those list you have and i will be happy to hear you out, im sure other moderators of the section will hear you the same. I will not enable my PM, i will follow the way higher told me to do, if they put it on the ruling to make all pm and visitor message available for everyone then i will do, but as long as not i will not.

Back