• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Monster [Spoiler Warning]

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Been almost 2-4 years since I last saw anime but I recentely started watching it again. Well the show is called Monster. It ended with 74 episodes, each one being about 30 minutes long.

The series follows Dr. Kenzo Tenma as and his search for a young boy named Johan, whose life Tenma once saved. The story takes place in Germany, right after the downfall of the Nazi Party. Dr.Kenzo Tenma is a Japanese neurosuergon working at Eisler Memorial Hospital in Dusseldorf. He appears to have everything on his plate: a promotion in the offing, the favor of the director of the hospital, Heinemann, and his daughter Eva as fiancée. However, Tenma grows increasingly dissatisfied with the political rule of the hospital for treating patients, and seizes his chance to change things after a strange massacre brings the twins Johan and Anna Liebert into his hospital. Johan has a gunshot wound to the head and Anna keeps muttering about killing, and Tenma decides to operate on Johan instead of the mayor who also arrives the same day. Johan is saved, but the mayor dies. Tenma loses all his social standing and Eva as a consequence. However, Heinemann and other doctors in Tenma's way are mysteriously murdered, and both children(Anna and Johan) disappear from the hospital soon after. The police suspect Tenma, as he benefits greatly from this turn of events, but have no evidence, and so can do no more than question him. At this point, the story advances to nine years later. Tenma has been recently promoted to Chief of Surgery. However, he is about to come face to face with Johan, who has now changed his name.
A known criminal is found on the street, hit by a car. He comes under the care of Dr. Tenma, who observes him muttering about a "Monster". Then one evening when Dr. Tenma comes back with a clock as a gift for the criminal, he finds the guard in front of the criminal's room dead, and the criminal himself gone.

Following his trail to the construction site of a half finished building near the hospital, he finds the man. The man, who has developed a sort of doctor-patient friendship with Dr. Tenma, warns him against coming closer, and pleads with him to run away. Tenma refuses, however, and the identity of the man holding a gun pointed at the criminal in the abandoned parking garage is revealed to be the boy whose life Tenma had saved nine years ago, Johan. Despite Dr. Tenma's attempt to reason with him, Johan shoots the criminal, tells Tenma that he could never kill the man who had saved his life, then walks off into the night while Tenma is still too shocked to stop him. After this incident, Tenma is again suspected by the police, particularly Inspector Runge, and he tries to find more information about this 'Johan'. He soon discovers that the boy's sister, Nina, happily living the life of an adopted daughter to two caring parents, the only trace of her terrible past a few dreams she's had. He discovers her on her birthday, and manages to prevent her from meeting her brother, but comes too late to prevent Johan from murdering her foster parents. As the show progresses, the scope of the atrocities this 'Monster' has committed become evident to Tenma, and he vows to fix the mistake he made when he saved Johan's life.

While Tenma is the main character of Monster, the story also focuses heavily on those surrounding his search for Johan, such as Inspector Runge (who is investigating Johan's various murders but pins them all on Tenma) and Nina Fortner (aka Anna Liebert, the Johan's twin sister), and a host of other characters, minor and major, whose lives have been shaped by the deeds of the monster named 'Johan'.

Source: AnimeNfo and Myself

Overall the story is great, I just reached Episode 17 and my review is also based on that. The show dosen't have ninjas fighting or anything but has a great storyline to it and it is full of suspense. If anyone wants to watch the whole episode online, Just PM me and I'll be happy to send you the Link to all 74 Episodes. Unfortunately, the whole series is in Japanese, therefore you have to read English Subtitle but they go at a slow pace so you can follow along easily.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
any pics?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Sorry about the long time it took me to upload these images:

http://www.butt-no-ryu.com/animeblog/images/monster/monster1_2.jpg

http://www.butt-no-ryu.com/animeblog/images/monster/monster2_1.jpg

http://www.butt-no-ryu.com/animeblog/images/monster/monster1_4.jpg

http://www.butt-no-ryu.com/animeblog/images/monster/monster1_1.jpg

http://www.butt-no-ryu.com/animeblog/images/monster/monster8_2.jpg

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hmm this looks good, ill give it a try.. thxs

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I would like too to start wacthing anime!!!

Love them!
But some of them have too much blood and that make me sick!!!

I like funny anime!!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i started naruto
i like it although ive seen 3 episodes so far

Master Summoner
Reaction score
It has a deep story line if you get into the story, however some images maybe very disturbing. This show has allot of killing and allot of saving at the same time as well. Personally the story got me into it more then anything else. So far I am on episode 63, Haven't gotten a chance to see one in some time.

Back