• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

MoopleDEV FAQ | Bugs/Errors

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dear MoopleDEV users!

My thread is getting spammed with bugs and with people that need help with something. In order to prevent that I will set up this FAQ.

More rules will come later and Questions/Answers will be added later.

Let's start of with a few rules:
  • Only report bugs when you are sure it is caused by 'me', if you caused it yourself, don't ask for help in here.
  • Don't ask how to add custom stuff. Only if you have some problems with non-RMI.
  • You can report bugs in this thread OR in the release thread.
  • Read the FAQ first, before posting an error.

I have to build to FAQ, so just report bugs/errors, I will try to fix all of them and I will most likely create links in this post to the fix.

Thanks for using my source and for all the support!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm also getting this error when i run launch_server

kevintjuh93 - MoopleDEV FAQ | Bugs/Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm also getting this error when i run launch_server

kevintjuh93 - MoopleDEV FAQ | Bugs/Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

-sigh- that means the size you have tried to reserve is to big as your computer can't handle that much.

Just do 1000 or so, that's more than enough.
Heap size comes up when you create server via Bat.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-sigh- that means the size you have tried to reserve is to big as your computer can't handle that much.

Just do 1000 or so, that's more than enough.
Heap size comes up when you create server via Bat.

It's because it's not a number.
It's supposed to be -Xmx<number>m

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i found a bug that if someone inviting me to a chat (the messanger chat window)
so when i accept i can't see him and he can't see me!
and when i write something he doesn't see that...
i think the problem is MessangerHandler.java.. but i don't know how to fix that.. can someone help me?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Moople dev 116 Bug
BUGS
Combo attack - You can't disable this skill by right clicking on it. Lot of server have this problem if not all.
summon - You can't disable this skill by right clicking on it. Lot of server
Lilin ring - Again I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, but you can equip Lilin ring 1-2-3 to the ring slots. I thought it was only 1 or 2 or 3 (maybe this was for adventurer rings only :eek:.)
Gachapon - EVERY item sends a message to the whole server: XY got XY item. This can cause lag if I'm right. After 200 ticket I still have not gotten any chaos scroll or white scroll from gachapon and I'm pretty sure NLC, Shrine gives white scroll, and henesys, shrine gives chaos scroll.
Yoona - Quest at Maple Road sometimes works sometimes doesnt. My friend was'nt able to finish it because even when he killed shrooms it counted as Blue Snail. For me it was working or atleast it's on my completed quest list.
When you talk to the NPCs in Spirit Road of Destiny, for example : Athena Pierce then you face to the wrong side in the little "movie" he(?) shows you.
AP Auto-assign - For warriors this thing tries to give DEX.
Cash shop - Gifting always says bad birthdate. And if you dont have enough NX in Paypal section then it says you dont have enough NX, even if you have enough in Maple Point or in Credit Card cash
Party - When you create a party everything works, until the leader dies can't tell what is the problem with this one.
Miu Miu traveler merchant doesnt working.
Ticket seller npc's - npc not working properly.
Event warp out npc - npc not working properly.
You can drop SoK'd items but they just disappaer.
Dojo is a little buggy.
Some monsters doesnt drop mesos.
HT have a very high drop rate.
Some area boss doesnt spawns.
in MTS you can't buy any item.
Ereve first quest is not coded properly or atleast I can't accept it.
After I was awaken in rien and talked to lilin I logged of because the first quest was'nt done, but when I tried to re-log my whole account got bugged.
When you click on organize in your merchant you gain mesos.
Not sure if this is only happening because of my client but when you karma something and drop it, it just disappear.
Party - When you change party leader you can't see the changes when you press P.
Blacklist - I think in GMS when you add someone to your blacklist the person can't invite you to anything, but in moople blacklisted people can even buddy request you.
Personal info - when you double click on your own character as a GM the client just close itself.
Ban - when you ban someone and he/she tries to login they get error 38.
Gachapon - Doesn't check if player have full inventory.
Name change - Not working
Guild Alliance doesn't working.
Storage - When you take out something it says "recovering this item will cost 1000 mesos" when you click OK your mesos stays the same. Arrange items doesn't working.
Guild Emoticons - You can't post anything with the NX Guild Emoticons in the BBS

BOSS/MONSTERS
Mano does not spawn, but the boss itself is working properly.
Shark/Cold shark did not dropped any mesos when I was going to test pianus which works totally.
In leafre there is a portal which teleports you to ellinia and vice-versa, the problem is in GMS you need some seeds or something to get access to this portal.
Papulatus works fine, but the quest for the "piece of dimension" is not working.
Horntail works fine also, but drops about 100 item/25 skillbook/1-2 chaos scroll everytime you kill it. (didnt tested the quest for this)
Scarlion & Targar does not drop anything except mesos and sometimes one skillbook. The quest for this is not coded yet if I'm right.
Dojo - Combo bar doesnt works for me.

SKILLS
Power Guard - Attack monsters twice.
Combo - Duration is set to unlimited when you have 1 or more orb.
Heaven's Hammer - Doesn't kills any monster, damage is invisible to bosses(you don't see numbers o.o).
Beholder - When you right click on the skill it won't disappaer even when you change map.
Slow - Rarely works.
Mystic Door - No skill icon when activated so you can't close it.
Doom - Same as Slow, almost never working.
Puppet - Monsters still attacks me instead of him.
Hamstring - After 3 minute of testing I have to say that it's not working.
Snipe - Deals 1,3bil damage.
Dark Sight - If there isnt any monster then you can attack while you are in dark sight.
Taunt - Not working.
Ninja Ambush - Doesn't kills the monsters, just damage them to 1 hp then starts missing them.
Steal - In GMS when you use this on any monster the monster just drops the item, but in Moople I gain the items in my inventory.
Backspin Bowl - Doesn't stun.
Double uppercut - Doesn't stun.
Time Leap - Not working.
Octopus - In GMS I think you can summon 3 Octopus.
Flamethrower - No fire effect.
Ice Splitter - Doesn't freeze any monster.
Homing Beacon - Not working.
Hypnotize - Sometimes the hypnotized monster gets stuck.
Body Pressure - Deals more damage than it should, or atleast I think o.o.
Elemental Reset - No skill icon when activated so I dont know if this works or not.
Flame Gear - Deals very low damage.
Final Attack on all CK character is bugged when you cancel it every other skill gets cancelled.
Poison Bomb - Even if you throw it to the other side of the map, the effect will appaer where you started your bomb.
Lighting Charge - +30 Magic instead of 120% Damage.
Soul Charge - +30 Magic instead of 120% Damage for 300 sec

PARTY SKILLS
Shadow Web - Only you see the animation
Poison Bomb - Only you see the bomb
Flash Jump, Soul Rush, Teleport - Other people see you as you are flying (no effect)
Combat Step - Other person only sees the movement after you press right or left arrow key (poor english fml)
Body Pressure - When you "attack" a monster other person sees the wrong animation
Snow Charge - Wrong animation
Grenade - Only you see the bomb
Time Leap - Only you see the animation
Shadow Partner - When you use the Night Lord one other person sees the Night Walker one
Taunt - Other person dont see damage
Silver Hawk, and other summons - No attack animation
Soul Arrow - Other player sees CK's soul arrow animation (when you shoot)
Piercing Arrow - Other player dont see any damage, arrow
Monster Magnet - No animation
Fire/Ice/Thunder/Holy Charge - Other player cant see animation change when you attack
PowerGuard NOT Working
ReactorHit NO SOUND
boss attack skill not packet not working

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Saved this and I will try to fix most bugs. Most are easy though. Like the Octopus thing, you are able to summon billions of them, but it's 3 because of the 30 second duration and the 10 seconds of cooldown :)

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Combo attack - You can't disable this skill by right clicking on it. Lot of server have this problem if not all.

I've never had that problem. o_O

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why mysql cant execute drop_data_global ~ monstercarddata ~ playernpcs ~ rings and trocklocations help me plz t.t

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
IGNORE THIS. IM/WAS AN IDIOT

Question

If my mysql name is Maple, schema name is moopledev
How should my database url look like?

I tried
Code:
DB_URL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/Maple?autoReconnect=true"
DB_URL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/moopledev?autoReconnect=true"

Im getting a nullpointerexception with my con (database connection)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Heyyy, does anyone know how to fix the "Not available in a MWLB account." bug? I've put myself as a SuperGM, and whenever I try to attack or use attacking skills, it gives me that error.
The other error I get is that sometimes when I log in, after keying in my PIC, I get disconnected with a message saying "This ID has already been logged in or the..". Thanks for help in advance!

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How do you fix the MWLB account error or block? It doesn't let admins attack or drop items. Is there any way to remove that function or get around it besides putting my character 'GM' column to 0?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do you fix the MWLB account error or block? It doesn't let admins attack or drop items. Is there any way to remove that function or get around it besides putting my character 'GM' column to 0?
The admin dropping items is affected by getAuthSuccess packet. Look for the admin byte.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Taco Bell - I believe the way I fixed it was setting the GM column to either 1, or 2 or more... Can't remember. Try messing around with it.

Now for my question:
I can't seem to get the Pirate job advancement quest coded. It's like it has a mind of it's own and is run by something else; the original quest isn't working since the teleporting doesn't work with it (It's suppose to teleport you to a new location to fight some specific mobs)and I try coding it (By making a new file with the name of the quest ID) and it doesn't change anything, like there's something else it's reading off instead.

I know I could just code some kind of way around it by like, automatically giving the players a job advancement or something, but I want to have my private server as close to the original game as possible since my friends and I liked the older game. Anyone got any ideas why my code isn't working and it's taking it from somewhere else instead?

Sorry this is such a confusing question... it's hard to put into words.

Upvote 0
Back